Dam* Country Living

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Red Chrome

Dam* Country Living

Postby Red Chrome » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:30 am

Well, at least a little bit.

I just got news today from my best friend that there were 2 Border CollieX's or something of the mix were dumped off at her house in Taylor Flatts yesterday. Well, she has fed them and bathed them, they stunk. Her landlord got home today and said they had to go because they weren't on the lease. Her lease states she CAN have 1 dog ONLY. Usually her landlord is flexible but a few months ago her landlord took in 2 pups that were abandoned out there. She said one of them looks as if it has just had puppies. She doesn't have the time, money or the availablility to keep these dogs. People have dumped out there before and they either give them away or take them to the shelter. This time the landlord wants them gone by the weekend and my friend would prefer that they not go the shelter and be spayed before given away. Like I said the one looks as if she jsut had pups and the other according to her has no spay scar.
I have been looking but I'm short on money and really don't have the extra to spend on getting them fixed and vetted right now. I would be willing to make a donation of a few puppy kits to the rescue or foster home that took them. They look like a mother/daughter pair or maybe a sister/sister pair. They look related. The puppy kits are from Purina and in it is 2 puppy kits and a 6 lb. bag of food and 2 $5 off coupons, 1 on each folder. My friend has 2 small kids that she says the dogs have been good with so far and they leave her cat and dog alone as well.

Her family can not get evicted because she is taking care of these strays. She bought them time until possibly the middle of next week, however, the sooner the better. Her landlord says to quit feeding them and they'll leave. She doesn't have the heart to do that. They have been sleeping in her barn.

Please don't flame her or her family as they are doing all they can do. She has went above and beyond the call of duty but she can NOT get evicted over 2 strays. Please let me know if anyone can do anything. She says these dogs are really nice and really doesn;t want to see them go to our local shelter as they SUCK. Nothing is altered before it leaves and anyone can adopt a dog or cat from them.

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:01 pm

My recommendation is to take them to the shelter. It is better than being on the street and most rescues are completely overwhelmed.

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:18 am

Amy- You don't understand! The shelter or AC will NOT take them. The shelter is a no-kill and there's a year long waiting list to get a pet into it. AC will NOT take them as it's not in their jurisdiction. AC will NOT take anything that isn't in one of their cities and when asked about an owner surrender they no longer do it and as far as strays go, thy say to either find a rescue or just leave them. :crybaby: It's a bad situation with AC. They told her, "well, let them run. There's nothing we can do."

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:25 am

RC, do you have an update? Got pics???
We are setting up more kennels today.

inuprincess
Adolescent Bully

Postby inuprincess » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:49 am

Poor babies. I love Border Collies. :frown: I hope they can be saved.

Red Chrome

Postby Red Chrome » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:54 pm

I haven't got pics yet. I will get some ASAP! She was just here and was coming back from a rodeo in Fossil, OR. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow or the next day! They are keeping them until they HAVE to find a rescue! Which is QUICK but we are buying them some time. :thumbsup:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”