One last try for Danny Boy in Erie, PA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

One last try for Danny Boy in Erie, PA

Postby BabyReba » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:26 pm

I know some of you guys visit Pit Bull Pets and have probably heard about poor Danny Boy . . . but for those who don't know about him, he was with Pit Crew Rescue in London, Ont., which was forced to close its doors. Pit Crew sent him to a foster home that for some reason decided to dump him at a shelter without telling anyone after only 24 hours. This was in August. He sat at that shelter for a while, but he's since been shipped to another shelter, this one in Erie, Pa., where he's been for a few weeks. He's not doing well in the shelter environment, though, and he will be put down tomorrow, 11/11 if no person or rescue group can offer him yet another shot at life. Someone from PBP posted here about him a couple of weeks back, but not many people responded, so I thought I'd post one more time, at the 11th hour, on the off chance that someone out there might be able to help this dog.

I've never met him personally, but he's a pit bull/wirehair mix who Pit Crew says was good with dogs and everyone he met. He passed the shelter temp tests with flying colors, but he's deteriorating quickly in the kennel and is no longer even in the public run. Here's a pic of Danny:

And here's a link to his Petfinder page:

http://p205.ezboard.com/fdogcommunityfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=5876.topic&start=1&stop=20

Please contact the shelter directly if you can help him. He literally is out of time.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Pit_Luvs » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:44 pm

THATS my DANNY..im soo effen dog damn mad!!! I tried numerous times to get them to adopt him to me and i never got a responce back...Ive been wanting him since April....and now look...PTS. HE could have had a PERFECT home here WITH ME. I do not feel sorry for pit crew int he SLIGHTEST. DAMN this makes me maddddd beyond.

RIP danny... :crybaby: (actually crying)
Pit_Luvs

Postby ammitnme » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:45 pm

God, I hate this....****ing BSL, people breeding when it shouldnt be happening, dogs like this not having a chance. If there was one single thing I could do, I would. My thoughts and prayers are that this baby finds a home, and if not that his trip over the Rainbow Bridge is done with forgiveness to all of us humans who have failed animals in so many ways.
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ammitnme » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:46 pm

Oh Pit...I am so sorry to hear that.....a big hug to you. I am sooo heart broken over this.
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Pit_Luvs » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:01 pm

I dont know if i can get over this....im still trying though!!! Maybe somehting will go right today and i can still save him....i cant give up. But i feel like i did by not trying harder for him before. Look at him, that face. OMG i hate life, i hate everything, i just want HIM safe :crybaby:
Pit_Luvs

Postby ammitnme » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:23 pm

Keep trying and if it is too late...remember you did try, others failed him...YOU DID NOT!
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby BabyReba » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:24 pm

CALL THE AC IF YOU CAN HELP! They have him now, he is legally THEIRS. If they agree to adopt him to you, you can help him. CALL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Edited to add: I just realized I posted a link to PBP instead of Petfinder up there. Here is the right link to his Petfinder page:

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3488486&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=4193d9cd1de00c6a-app4&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

Here's the shelter info:

Humane Society of Northwestern Pennsylvania
Erie, PA
814-835-8331
nikkeb@choiceonemail.com
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:01 pm

OKAY!

I called and spoke at quite some lenght to the shelter director.

They are not euthanizing Danny Boy. They will officially release him to me as an animal rescue cooperation, if I can have somewhere to go. So, in other words, if you want to adopt him, we just have to arange transportation and you will be adopting him from me lol They really love him there at that shelter... that are very grateful that I called when I did and offered a possible oprion for Danny instead of PTS.

My telephone # is (541) 343-1810
My name is Stephanie
My e-mail is wolffamily@peak.org

Please call me and also e-mail me a small list of references, one of which the vet that you use. I will send you an application, etc. and we will make it all official.

Lets make this happen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Steph-n-Wolf on Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby whiskeyman » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:03 pm

:thumbsup:

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby BabyReba » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:08 pm

Wowee, I SO HOPE THIS WORKS OUT! You guys are great! I've got my fingers crossed that Danny will get a home.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:08 pm

At least now there is hope.... :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:16 pm

YES!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby ammitnme » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:39 pm

You people are so awesome....
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Pit_Luvs » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:43 pm

Ok im crying again..but its a good crying..DANNYS SAFE...omg *shakes*

One problem, im in Canada :( Could this still work??
Pit_Luvs

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:48 pm

yes... I told the shelter that you are in NC canada... that is partially why they are releasing him to me; so I can determine if you are a good home.... They really want him safe and out of the shelter.

What can we do about transport?
Steph-n-Wolf

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs