One last try for Danny Boy in Erie, PA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Spurby » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:Lets work on getting Dany to Donna... If we organize and network our efforts, we will be much more effective. I am not disagreeing with anything that you are saying... but lets focus on getting this to happen.

Thank you all


I think it's great that there are now some real options for Danny, great work everyone!

Just thought i would throw in my 2 cents :)

Checking references, and arranging transport to Nova Scotia from the states will take some time, no doubt about it, and i think we all can agree that time is of the essense here! If Vita can get him out this weekend to the rescue, this will save him time, and the stress from being kenneled. I think this should be the first option right now, getting him out asap to an approved rescue, which has been found. Luv pits can still have the option to adopt!! This is a rescue taking him in, not an adoption! We can forward all of lov pits info to this rescue, letting them know that she is a willing adopter, if approved, then transport arrangements can be made.
Luv pits, this is NOT a competion!! this is people just figuring out the best and quickest options for him right now :) If it means that he goes with the rescue for a few days or so until transport can be made, then that is much better than being kenneled waiting. Arranging transport that far away can be time consuming, better that he be safe in rescue while arrangements are being made :)
User avatar
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Toronto

danny

Postby Vita » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Pit Luvs,

You aren't in competition ... you are the only permanent home that wants Danny. So dont worry... no matter what happens initially you can win here!

I am sorry if I seem insensitive to your plight.. but I have already had seemingly good opportunities for this dog fall through at the last moment. I am not saying this would happen with you... but I have to take the first good opportunity to get him out of the shelter because after everything this dog has been through and all the work I, and others, have put in I refuse to deny him a chance at a happy life. Like I said though.. should he go to one of these rescues you can still get him.. and I will help in any way I can. Hurry and get that application Steph gave you filled out so we can get your process rolling and potentially avoid the rescue route.
Vita
 

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:10 am

I havent got an adoption form yet...i sent ref's but nothing back yet. Im trying as much as i can, im trying to find transport groups that would take him here. I have many other pitbull groups that im trying with as well. Im trying.
Pit_Luvs
 

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:15 am

I have written you back a few times after you sent the referals. Please let me know if you do not receive my e-mails...

Thanks for everyone that is helping. I am fairly powerless over the outcome of each person in this situation, but I can assist in holding off the euthanisia, and the shelter is willing to transfer his care and adoption process to us for assistance. I just want to help, and I have already in a few bog ways. I am not going to battle anyone, though. Please let me know how this is proceeding on both ends, so i can havie something tomorrow to say to the shelter when I call.

Thank you all.
Steph-n-Wolf
 

Postby Spurby » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:22 am

This is no battle Steph, we all are just trying to figure out the best and quickest options for Danny :)

I am sure you and Vita can work this out together, as the shelter knows her as well :)

I am still in shock after no interest, now this, a 4 page thread, great!!

:peace:
User avatar
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:27 am

I will do whatever I can to help. This includes assisting in traveling costs.

Please let me know where my help is needed now.

I am so glad taht I called the shelter today... !
Steph-n-Wolf
 

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:35 am

Ok, not getting your email steph...could you email pitluvs@gmail.com?? Sometimes they work alot better than hotmail. Sorry about that!!
Pit_Luvs
 

danny

Postby Vita » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:36 am

Dannys "last day" was supposed to be tomorrow FRI Nov 12th. Someone said the 11th by accident, so he wasnt going to be euthed today anyways.

Steph.. are they requiring an answer by tomorrow? I dont know why but i thought it would be longer than that.. thought it was like.. until you get back to them etc.

Last week they told me he had to be OUT of there tomorrow.

I'm just trying to make sure we're on the same page. .. I thought you had gotten him extra time.. but if you were thinking today was his last day and have to get back to them tomorrow.. thats not extra.. thats what he had before... are they willing to extend his stay beyond friday?
Vita
 

danny

Postby Vita » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:41 am

p.s. i will be calling them tomorrow also... I told them I would check back with them with an update on friday...

so I can find out then.. but it would be better if I knew for sure what was up ahead of time...

thanks!
Vita
 

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:41 am

No, i told them that I would get back with them tomorrow with more information. He is not being euthanized tomorrow.... I just told them that I would have more info by then. I told them that I would stay in contact with them throughout the process of his placement, and they in turn took my number and agreed to contact me if anything new comes up, etc.

This is the e-mail that I have sent my replyes to Donna...
prelude_29@hotmail.com

Thanks
Steph-n-Wolf
 

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:46 am

It should work, since you replyied to my emails, but nothing has come up! I got one email...with the info i have you attached to it.
Pit_Luvs
 

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:50 am

I will try again in the morning to make successful e-mail contact with you
:thumbsup:
Steph-n-Wolf
 

danny

Postby Vita » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:56 am

steph .. cool good to know. Phew. For a minute there I thought I had misunderstood you on the phone.

Hope you guys can get your email problems worked out soon...
Keep me updated.. I will be going by the shelter tomorrow to visit Danny after I drop my grandmother off at the airport.
Vita
 

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:05 pm

Alright.

I have received several phone calls, e-mails, PMs, and other message relays. Some are pro-Donna, some are very much not. There seems to be some sort of exsisting drama and info-sharing that I have unknowingly stepped into here. My concern when I called the shelter was for extending Danny's time if at all possible. I have done that. The shelter was very cooperative and easy to work with. They were happy that somebody was doing something for Danny, and said that they would not euthanize meanwhile. I am just glad that I made that call...

People on this forum have said that there is no battle and that Donna can adopt Danny from the rescue(s) that have suddenly been able to get involved. However, the e-mails, etc. that I have received are not saying that at all. I do not want the responsibility of any party's battle mediation to rest on me in any way. The people part of this is none of my business; I made the dog part my business by making that phone call.

The service that I intended on providing was assisting in rehoming Danny and aranging and paying for transportation. Donna became available as an option for a forever home for Danny, and I proceeded with my regular process of obtaining refrences, checking them, and then proceeding with application process. If the refrences checked out, the app was satisfactory, and my impression of the potential adopter does not throw off any red flags, then home-check is scheduled and transportation aranged. A legally binding contract for adoption is required from the adoptor, as well...

Donna has been given a very strong reccomendation to me by someone I work with in rescue and trust hightly. This was encouraging to me as I continued with the process.

However, it has come to my attention that my assistance is not longer needed. Plans have been made for Danny to go back into rescue. This is out of my hands, and I am not trying to argue the basic principles behind it. I am however bowing out.

If there is anyway that I can help again in the furute, please let me know. The shelter was ready to release his care to me for the adoption process, and if that is needed again, please let me know.

If anyone wants to talk to me further about this and inquire about any of the details that I have purposefully left out, feel free to PM me.

Thank you to all the people that care about this dog's best interest. I am not suggesting that anyone involved does not; I do not know the people and do not know enough about the situation to make assumptions about anyone's character or intentions.

Good luck....
Steph-n-Wolf
 

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:50 pm

Well, thats really all too bad. Funny thing is that no one on here knows me...and only my references know me. But thanks for the kind generous words guys!! *not*

Anyways i tried for Danny, along with others. So what I may not have suceeded in your guys eyes, but i did damn good in my own eye and thats all that matters to me. Hopefully Danny will be ok, and those who have choosen a shelter over my home take full responsibility for Danny should something accure. Kennel Crazy, so into another cage he goes! Like ive said, im here for the dogs, not for humans and danny was my main priority and still is.

What rescue is Danny at?
Last edited by Pit_Luvs on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pit_Luvs
 

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest