One last try for Danny Boy in Erie, PA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby pittymomma » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:54 pm

Danny is going to Eric Gray ( who is an awesome human for all he does) who runs Smilin Pit bull rescue, he isnt going to a shelter as thats not fair for him. He will be in a home where he will be worked on in CT.

If your still interested maybe contact him?

The good thing is Danny is alive and has been given a chance.

V& the brats
pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Donna..Don't give up.I knwo this has been frustrating for you btu I personally think no one could find a better home for Danny than what you are offering him. Keep tryin' girly!!!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:11 pm

Its ok Vi, i think i know when im beat. Something good wil happen to Danny, it just seems like its not ment to be me.
Pit_Luvs

danny

Postby Vita » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:03 pm

This whole situation has gotten ridiculous.

Steph.. the rescues didnt step up at the last minute.. you guys did.. I have been working on this for _weeks_ contacting many different places etc etc. BabyReba was just trying to help but I guess she hadnt seen my latest posting where I was just trying to _arrange transport_.

I had everything virtually all set with two different rescue/foster groups before all the stuff here on this board with you and Donna happened. It all caught me quite by suprise.. I kinda wondered what the heck was going on. All the sudden the day before I am to confirm with a rescue (1 of 2) and confirm transport arrangements someone pops up who wants the dog and someone else who wants to adopt him out?

All I needed was a go ahead from one or the other rescue groups.. which I have gotten. The shelter had told me if he had somewhere definitly to go they could hold him longer...which they are doing. I spoke to them today as was scheduled with them. And if they couldnt hold him longer I would board him in between.

I dont understand the whole attitude about it. Should I have stopped everything since you and Donna stepped in at the last moment? I dont think so... so I didnt. I'm sorry if you dont agree with that which I gather from the tone of your post.. even though thats not what you said on the phone.

Donna... if you have been wanting Danny since April.. where have you been? There was a post on this very board dated Nov 5 about him posted by pittymomma.. you knew people who could find out where he was. Indeed theres a 5 month long thread about him on PBP.

At any rate if you do want this dog he IS adoptable. You can still have him... speak to Eric at Smiling Pit Bull Rescue and he will go through the adoption process with you once he has the dog.

There is also NO reason for you two to stop your adoption process unless you've both changed your minds. If it all gets worked out before Danny goes to SPBR then yippee. My estimate is that you have until beginning to mid next week. SPBR has a space for him.. transport is all arranged... all that is needed is to set an exact date which will be done this weekend.

Steph, the shelter wont release him without checking with me... so if you guys do go ahead with this please forward any pertinent info to my email address as I probably wont be coming back to this board on any regular basis.
Vita

Postby BabyReba » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:37 pm

Good Lord, now I remember again why I have distanced myself from the rescue world!

I was indeed just trying to help out since the information posted on PBP indicated you were still not sure where he was going. When I posted on 11/10, it did not appear that anyone had arranged anything concrete for Danny. All the info available said he was still in danger of being PTS and there were 2 "maybes" from It's a Rott N Pitty and some other rescue organization and that he was still in need. You were still waiting to hear back from these rescue groups, from what I understood, and I posted in hope that somone would finally step up and make a commitment to this dog at the 11th hour. Thanks for the gentle reproach.

Here is exactly what I posted in response to. You wrote on PBP on Nov. 10:

Just updating. Couple of groups I was working with before have not been returning emails. Been writing asking if there is any news.. nothing back yet. Just wrote again. Sorry to say it does not look good. Aggravated that these people asked me to beg/borrow/steal more time for Danny and then cant even write me even if it turns out they cant find a foster. Even a response saying 'sorry cant help you' would be better than nothing and much appreciated. Hope to hear back one way or another tomorrow.

And then on 11/11 you wrote that you MIGHT need transport for him:

Danny has a slight chance... ItsaRottnPity is willing to take him if they can clear out some space in time. I told them if there is a definite date when they can take him I could board him for a few days. I'm not sure what will happen yet.. but in case it does work out...

Forgive me for trying to assist. And next time someone hears me talk about helping a dog from outside my own city, smack me in the face a few times and stomp on my toes in hope that I come back to my senses.

I hope Danny does well and that he gets a big home with a lush, green yard in Connecticutt and a chance to put all of the past few months of sheltering hell well in the doggy past.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:51 pm

Very Well Put Baby Reba, very well put. I agree with you 100%.
Maryellen

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:52 pm

*never mind*
Pit_Luvs

Postby pittymomma » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:23 pm

Yes, Donna he needs a home, but we do have a rescue thats willing to take him" I know it was said, but it was a little after the point, a little after i got excited, a little after i made plans, and a little after i rearranged my house to have him here. If i would have known from the start, i would not have been so sure and set my heart on this. Again happy he is safe, my main priority, but all the tears i've cried could have been avoided.

I REALLY didnt want to get back into this but seeing as Danny is safe I will post, I am not trying to offend anyone so please keep an open mind.

PIt luvs I know you have said numerous times now that you wanted Danny and thats hes "your dog" I have posted him for ANdrea on all the boards you frequent (most I think) and NEVER ONCE did you contact me NEVER, so I dont understand why your so upset ? I have already stated I would have driven him half way had everything panned out but again YOU NEVER EMAILED ME.

I posted about Danny here under this section and on the general forum AGAIN YOU NEVER EMAILED ME.

I posted Danny everywhere I could possibly think of to get some attention brought to him. and NO EMAILS

SO thank goodness Vita stepped up and got in contact with rescues and anyone who rescues knows you dont always get back to an email the very second it hits your inbox, so there was a waiting game.

I dont know how much more clear I have to make it I told you Andrea didnt have access to a computer when you trashed her name on another board, you have had numerous oppurtunities to email myself to get the adoption process going when Danny was still here in Ontario.

I just dont understand if you wanted Danny so much why didnt you TRY?

V& the brats
pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:28 pm

I just wanted anyone interestd to know that I have unsubscribed to e-mail notifications for this topic. I am not reading this thread. Do not write anything directed to me that you wish to have a response to, because I will not see it. If anyone desires a response from me or wishes to give any information to me, please PM me. Again, I am no longer participating with this topic.
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Pit_Luvs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:00 pm

Im done with it too, ill stick to private emails. Maybe something will come up.
Pit_Luvs

Postby Spurby » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:12 pm

Steph-n-Wolf wrote:Alright.

The service that I intended on providing was assisting in rehoming Danny and aranging and paying for transportation. Donna became available as an option for a forever home for Danny, and I proceeded with my regular process of obtaining refrences, checking them, and then proceeding with application process. If the refrences checked out, the app was satisfactory, and my impression of the potential adopter does not throw off any red flags, then home-check is scheduled and transportation aranged. A legally binding contract for adoption is required from the adoptor, as well...

Donna has been given a very strong reccomendation to me by someone I work with in rescue and trust hightly. This was encouraging to me as I continued with the process.

However, it has come to my attention that my assistance is not longer needed. Plans have been made for Danny to go back into rescue. This is out of my hands, and I am not trying to argue the basic principles behind it. I am however bowing out. .

I am not sure why you are not posting anymore, or even reading this thread.

I did my part in all this by checking references, which didn't pan out, this is what we do in rescue, check references. I always get my references from creditable sources. I will not apologize for those references not checking out. I am just passing the info along, take it or leave it. Not sure why this has become a problem, esp when it could become a REAL problem if Danny was sent there. We saw that with his last foster home. I really feel for Danny in all this, and i wish we all could work together on this, rather than apart.

Unbelieveable how this thread has turned out.
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:22 pm

Just wanted to add, i don't know how other rescues work, but i would never adopt out a dog to someone who lives where there are breed restrictions(BSL) in place.
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maryellen » Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:18 pm

Whatever happened to Danny Boy?? and we do not place dogs where there is bsl in place.
Maryellen

Postby BabyReba » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:01 pm

no clue. last i heard, he was maybe going to smilin' pit bull but maybe not, pending another temp test.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:03 pm

oh ok. i never heard anything after the last post. i was hoping he was a good dog...
Maryellen

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs