Conan (NJ)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Conan (NJ)

Postby phez718 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:44 pm

I know he's not a pit bull, per say, but this is my little(well, BIG) sweetie pie. He is SO mellow, you would think he was uninterested in his surroundings! I would take him in a heartbeat if I had the chance. These pics are from last weekend. That's me holding the leash. I was in love after the first 10 minutes!

Conan's Petfinder Page

Notes: Conan was recently listed on this site as Dale from Rosedale Park. He is a Mastiff mix, and is a wonderful boy!
Conan (his real name) may be a Presa Canario mixed with Pit Bull Terrier, but there is no way to be sure exactly what his breed is. His size is large at 77 lb., and he needs to gain an additional amount of weight. He is about three years old. Conan's TEMPERAMENT is his BEST ASSET. He is a calm and thoughtful dog and gets along with the other dogs very well. After a long impoundment, Conan was recently admitted to rescue. Conan has been with a number of other dogs already and there have been absolutely no problems. Conan's short coat is a pale gray brindle and is extremely soft. He has the Mastiff jowls, somewhat modified because he is a mix. Conan wants only to be a good boy who belongs, and he is a good listener. He is very affectionate, and gives kisses. Former owner says Conan is good with children although we have not confirmed that. He has not been exposed to cats, so we recommend a cat-free home at this time. Rides in the car are included in Conan's dream adoption.
Conan will be neutered by Animal Allies and all medical will be brought up to date. If you are looking for an excellent large mixed dog with a great disposition, please email AnimalAlly@aol.com to meet Conan.

Conan's Petfinder Page
phez718

Postby Laurier » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:02 pm

Ash- He is beautiful! :inlove:
Laurier

Postby phez718 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:47 pm

My mom said we may be able to foster Conan! And if I have anything to do with it, he won't be leaving! :) ;)
phez718

Postby dbrat368 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:19 pm

:inlove: :inlove: What a great looking dog!! I hope he finds an awesome home soon.
dbrat368

Postby X-girl » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:42 pm

Ash, he's beautiful! I can see why you fell in love so quickly! :inlove:
X-girl
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:46 pm

oh my gosh, ash, he's gorgeous! i'm hoping he does well with you guys!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby dbrat368 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:35 pm

phez718 wrote:My mom said we may be able to foster Conan! And if I have anything to do with it, he won't be leaving! :) ;)

I didnt read your post..couldnt get past that handsome face :inlove:

I hope you get to keep him, he sounds like a great dog... it would be hard for me to let him go if I had him too.
dbrat368

Postby phez718 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:35 am

Yeah, I know :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: is right!

He's not a pit, I don't think. The rescue said Mastiff mix with possible Presa....I don't care, I love him :hug:

I'm gonna give Penny, the rescue "owner" a call tonight and talk to her about it. Wish me luck! :thumbsup:
phez718

Postby raebo » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:52 am

What a handsome dog he is!!
raebo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby dbrat368 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:02 pm

Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya!! Good luck!!
dbrat368

Postby phez718 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:05 pm

OK! I talked to the lady who runs the rescue. She said that if there are no prospects for Conan at this Sunday's Adoption Day then I can foster him. WOOHOO!

:yay:
phez718

Postby dbrat368 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:08 pm

AWESOME!!! :cheerleader:
dbrat368

Postby phez718 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:19 pm

Nope...Conan and Casey are both too dominant. But we still wanna foster so we're gonna try a smaller, submissive female. :)
phez718

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:29 pm

Aww....good luck.
PitBullPride

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs