foster specifics

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

foster specifics

Postby JCleve86 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:37 pm

I might be moving into an apartment this upcoming fall (2005), where I would live for two years. I am considering fostering a dog once I move in, but I have a few questions. Assuming I would get landlord approval (which I know is rare, but lets pretend), I have a few concerns...

I would be 19 when I get the apartment...

I have grown up with dogs and trained both of our Boxers, but this would by MY first dog...

I may be joining the Air Force once my two years are up (I'm going to get a BSN and become an RN, which will take me two years starting next fall...and onces that's done I'll probably go off to basic), so I could only keep a foster for that length of time (how long does it usually take for a foster to get adopted?)...

I'm hoping that a few of you who are involved with rescue can discuss this with me. I would really love to foster since I know that I shouldn't get a dog to keep right now, but I want to do my part to help the breed (and of course get to enjoy a pit bull for a while). Let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions...it's really just a pipedream right now, but if there is a possibility that I could be approved to foster, I would make it a reality.
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:33 am

Get in touch with bullseye rescue in WA... Kirstan... she can give you an application and answer a lot of questions for you. Ideally dogs do not stay in foster for long as it is the goal to get them into "real" homes as soon as possible.

But yeah, talking to Kirstan would be a good first step.

:))
Steph-n-Wolf

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs