Need Help Richmond VA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Need Help Richmond VA

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm

I need help with a puppy that urgently needs a pit bull experienced rescuer. I have a foster home for one of these two puppies. The puppy I don't have a foster home for needs a breed specific foster home/rescue. She is a red/rednose brindle. She is a sweet puppy but is not social on her own, she takes her cues from other dogs and is a little shy. I would really like to see her go to a pit bull savvy foster home that can socialize the hell out of her to see if this is something she can overcome and be a good example of the breed. She is also very sick with mange and a skin infection. She has come a long way since being found nearly hairless at 8 weeks with eyes swollen shut. She is still sick. She is about 12 weeks old and 16 lbs. She is a chunky girl and will be a big boned dog probably a bit on the large side.
Please help!! She's not in danger but she is living outside in a pen and will be by herself once I put the other pup in foster care (my foster home can only take one). She will receive no socialization save mealtimes. She needs more for her to be successful. She is vaccinated and will be spayed on Tuesday.

Jen
Matured Bully

Postby Jen » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:34 am

Awhhh.. poor lil' sweet face! I hope you find someone for her soon...

Good luck darlin' dog!

Genesis~N~Petey
Super Bully

Postby Genesis~N~Petey » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:34 am

Wish I still lived in Va, she could come hang with my crew.

koryn21
Newborn Bully

Postby koryn21 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:10 am

its at times like these that i wish i still lived in the states. to bad she isn't closer.

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:35 am

ASCPBR is willing to take responsibility for evaluating and placeing her but we have no place to put her. If there is someone in Richmond willing to foster and willing to have the tough decision made if it should work that way, We will be happy to take responsibility for her. I just have no place to put her.

Which is why we need a breed savvy person or another rescue that can help.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:51 am

Unfortunately I can't help with fostering, but if you need help transporting let me know...I will do what I can.

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:12 pm

The Teflon Don wrote:Unfortunately I can't help with fostering, but if you need help transporting let me know...I will do what I can.

x2...I live in southern VA, so if you need help with transportation let me know. I'll see if I can find a foster here too.

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:02 pm

Oooooohhh she is gorgeous! :frown:

Here's to hoping (and praying and finger crossing) that the perfect person pops out of the woodwork to give this gal a chance.

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:20 pm

man, i wish i was ready for fostering again. but right now it's just not possible. hope you find a spot for the poor pup.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 pm

BUMP!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:06 pm

Still no takers on the red pup and I worry about her socialization at this point. The one we took has some shyness problems (pic below), I don't believe she has ever been in a house prior to coming to foster care. She is very fearful in the house but more confident outside. She is also getting very sick so I worry about her sister too. She is going back to the vet in the morning as her antibiotics don't seem to be clearing up her skin infection. Despite two negative skin scrapes, she is losing hair again and now has a large fluid filled sac on her face.
She's going to be a pretty girl and a chunky monkey. Big bones and a square head.

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:45 pm

Im in Wilmington NC. If we can get her here, I can take her in. Let me know, and also let me know what the doc says about her. If she has negative skin scrapes, it might possibly be a food allergy?
Thanks!

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:28 pm

She has demodex. I know there were two skin scrapes that were negative but the dogs have demodex. They have the smell and the skin texture. We are treating ours and I have provided my recommendations to the other rescue and hope they choose to listen.

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:59 pm

Do you want to try to get her here?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”