LOOK!!! what Violet and Steph-n-Wolf did!!! CUTE!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

LOOK!!! what Violet and Steph-n-Wolf did!!! CUTE!!!

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:55 am

Here is "Tia"... I'm trying to change her name to Betty (or DeeDee) because I don't think anyone will want a Tia- rude of me, I know!!!

After one day, she will put herself into her kennel!

Hanging out with MJ-

I told Violet we could take a dog for a day or two... this one is VERY sweet! Probable pit/lab mix, who knows...

She is about 1-1.5 yrs. old, and quite attentive and wanting to please- an easy trainer. She IS kinda noisy though, in a concerned/seperation sort of way- I think that after a couple weeks in a stable home she will be a gem. She seems to be fine around dogs, but I don't let the bitches mix! Bunker is ignoring her, to her dismay.

You know you want her... she is in the Seattle/Tacoma area (WA).
Last edited by aaron kahn on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:58 am

I got an app in on her tonight...so cross your fingers. She is SUCH a pretty girl. I am borrowing those pics to put on petfinder..those are alot better than the ones i got of her.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:17 am

YAY AARON! Thank you SOOO much for fostering her! :bowdown: She had been at the county shelter the longest of all of the dogs... the dogs were 3 and 4 to a kennel... and they were ready (sadly) to euthanize her since no one was interested in her :sad: Thanks for helping us save her life! :thumbsup:

And, while I appreciate being included in the props, I have to say, IT WAS ALL STEPH!!!!

Steph, Violet, and Dani are to congratulate...
Plus, everyone else that was willing to drive if needed!

Wolf
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:42 am

This is a really great dog- with a new name, some better photos, and a story- where is that story V?- she will have a new home soon! She will really do well for almost anyone- she would be an excellent first time friend (dog), she would do great with other dogs, etc...

V- my GF like the story idea- she suggested a little old man who got sick, etc. and now his best freind needs a new friend...

aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:04 pm

if the current app doesn't pas I'll get to work on that. I can't very well change her story with someone in her lol.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:06 am

get back up top, Betty!!! this is a great dog...
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby loon123 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:45 am

She's beautiful. What's wrong with the name Tia? Is there something I don't know about it? I kinda like it.
loon123

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:59 am

Personal preference- I just don't like the name, especially for a pit (mix). It sounds too "fancy" to me. I'm trying Betty- a little more down to earth!

She doesn't care, as long as someone is talking to her!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:54 pm

I have an approved app on her. Somehow I need to arrange a home check and let them meet her. They live in Seattle. I am working on it but it looks like this gal has a home (and the adopters love her name lol..it's what got their attention)
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Meaghan Edwards » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:43 pm

What a gorgeous dog! I love her shiny black fur.
Meaghan Edwards
Addicted to PBF

Postby caped dog » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:30 am

V- my GF like the story idea- she suggested a little old man who got sick, etc. and now his best freind needs a new friend...

was she an owner surrender with some actual info or is this a made up story?
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby aaron kahn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:47 am

made up story...

i was told that it is easer for dogs to find new homes when they have a good story- basic marketing, i guess!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby caped dog » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:45 am

aaron kahn wrote:made up story...

i was told that it is easer for dogs to find new homes when they have a good story- basic marketing, i guess!

I have not heard that. I'm inclined to focus on what I do know for sure... ie, This lovely dog is another sad statistic of rampant overbreeding and careless ownership...however she is fortunate enough to be saved because of her glowing temperament and amazing ability to solicit pets from all people large and small alike.

While I find the made up story misleading, my version sounds like Image
lol
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby violet » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:03 am

I have just found that if people have something they can connect to..feel truly sorry for teh dog. People are far more interested in a dog with a story they can tell. For instance..the dog in TX who had run out of time in the shelter...was euthed..survived. Had over 100 applicants after that..everyone wanted the dog with the cool story that they had had no interest in before. Dogs that have suffered abuse, dogs that have beat the odds. Apprently even just the fact that Tia was pulled from a kill shelter has gotten her attention. If people are looking on petfinder they are already looking for a dog..so a story will just get them to take notice of a dog that would get overlooked..there are hundreds of good sweet dogs on petfinder.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:32 pm

Tia/Betty is having an overnight visit with a nice couple...
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs