Urgent deaf pitty needs long term foster or home

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby sam » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:38 pm

If he needs a(nother) temporary foster spot until everything is worked out, a really great friend of mine in Portland would be willing to foster him. She was going to temp. foster the pup at Linn County shelter until transport could be arranged for me, but he has since been adopted.

She's an amazing person, who is wonderful with animals, and until recently managed a holistic vet clinic in PDX. She's now going back to school to become a vet. She heads out east for christmas on the 15th of decemeber, but is able to foster a cat-friendly pittie until then. Another plus is that she knows sign language, so is used to communicating in non-verbal ways.

She would need basic supplies as she doesn't have a dog of her own (crate, etc.).

Anyways you can email me at bully_buddies@yahoo.ca if this boy needs somewhere to go.
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:42 pm

VIOLET! DO IT! (Why aren't you on line?!) ... This will work out great! That way we can get him vetted and ready to fly to PitBullPride :))

Thank you Sam so very, very much!

Sam - the boy that I was telling you about is Burbon. He has a post about him in this section by SBTDani... He is up in WA, and is great with people and other dogs, from what I have been told. He is living in a carrier full time and needs a foster home badly. Hwat do you think?
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby sam » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:58 pm

I've just sent her an email about him, so I'll let you know what she thinks.
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby violet » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:00 pm

I AM online..but trying to pretend im cleaning my house. Ok..I got an email about Bourban..can someone get me some pics and an exact whree abouts?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:04 pm

SBTDani Talked to me on the phone about that dog... I have phone #s to contact the ACO that has him... But no pictures :(
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby violet » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:23 pm

ok..i know where she is and its four hours from here..she is in eastern washington. I have someone in norther idaho that might be interested. Let me see what I can do.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby pitbull10 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:27 am

Im very sorry I was not able to get in touch sooner I have been out of town and this is the first chance back if you still need help please let me know I will pm you next
please let me help It is the least I can do for all of you :crybaby:
pitbull10

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:38 pm

Any new news guys???????? I'm anxiously awaitin! :pray
PitBullPride

Postby sam » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:33 am

Any new news guys???????? I'm anxiously awaitin!

He's going to a wonderful friend of mine, who will temporarily foster him and give him lots of love till everything is worked out.
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby violet » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:05 am

Well..for anyone who missed the story..Cain is back here with me..and i put i a word out to the lady who gave him up..she will be home Monday to reclaim him. Cain basically lost it for a couple of days. SHreiked his way out of two foster homes..almost ended up in the pound in the middle of the night. When I tol his owner what had happened she booked the first flight home she could get.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:08 am

aaawww- that is sooo sad. poor little Cain. (and those fosters!)
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:11 am

violet wrote:Well..for anyone who missed the story..Cain is back here with me..and i put i a word out to the lady who gave him up..she will be home Monday to reclaim him. Cain basically lost it for a couple of days. SHreiked his way out of two foster homes..almost ended up in the pound in the middle of the night. When I tol his owner what had happened she booked the first flight home she could get.

So in other words, if you weren't up in a chat room in the middle of the night on Thanksgiving with the rest of us, you missed out on all the fun!

Wolf
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:49 pm

OMG. Is she gonna keep him?
PitBullPride

Postby violet » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:56 pm

After she found out how badly he took everything..yes. She did NOT want to give him up in the first place..She needed to fly east for a funeral..nowhere to board him because of the holiday. No one could take him temporarily..and he had an offer of a home. She thought maybe it was best. But we had no idea how he would freak out. He is contentedly laying around my house wiating for her tog et home..I could swear he knows he going home. Barely a peep out of him since I got him back.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby SBTdani » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:29 am

That's wonderful! i don't know if he could have handled being uprooted again! He needs to be in his HOME! Good for Cain...poor guy.
SBTdani

Previous

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs