*******PLEASE HELP WILBER!!!!!!!*******

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby Dsmman » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:49 pm

I like em. He's cool with me. :thumbsup:

Mastif, maybe but I dunno.
Dsmman

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:58 pm

very handsome boy-

your guess re: breed is as good as mine! looks like a lot of dog to hold onto if he doesn't like other dogs! definately one to keep well trained...

how much does he weigh?
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby phez718 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:18 pm

He reminds me of Conan! Big, gorgeous, pit/mastiff maybe...sounds liek Conan to me! :))
phez718

Postby Maryellen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:53 pm

he is quite handsome!!! is he tall or short??
Maryellen

Postby caped dog » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:23 am

This is from http://www.operationk9rescue.com/breed-fila.asp

I did not realize that the Fila had so many different looks. Proabaly has something to do with the difficulty in identifying him. Not sure what you've got there... his build seems a little different, significantly smaller ears, darker and forward...not sure... but I know he sure sounds sweet!!! too sweet for a Fila (?) He's got such cute teeny feet! Have you got some zealous Fila breeders in your area?

Breed Information: Fila Brasileiro

Fila Brasileiro
Cao de Fila
Brazilian Mastiff

The modern Fila Brasileiro exists today as a result of an evolution of dogs crossed with English Mastiffs, ancient Bulldogs and Bloodhounds, and the basic influence of Portuguese herders brought to Brazil at colonial times. They acquired their aggressive temperament, stubbornness, colors, typical rose-ear, higher hind legs and higher croup than the withers from the ancient fighting dogs (the Engelsen Doggen or ancient Bulldogs). From the Mastiff, they inherited the large heavy head, strong maxilars, short neck, the substance, the slightly curved croup, moderated tail set, their courage, the black mask and the basic Mastiff colors. The abundant loose skin, the pronounced occipital peak, pendulous lips, hanging flews and dewlaps, the moderated tuck up, the fabulous scent, and the way of barking in a crescendo tune all come from the Bloodhound. The origin of the Fila is still very obscure, but it is generally believed that it is the result of crossing English Mastiffs, Bloodhounds, ancient Bulldogs, Fila Terceirense, as well as many other breeds.
In archaic Portuguese, the word Fila means, "to hold." From each of his ancestors, the Fila acquired characteristics that established a large, muscular built working dog capable of using his strength, scent, perseverance and courage to perform his duties. He has been used extensively as a guard dog, in police work as a tracker and sniffer, a hunter of jaguars, and even as a guide for the blind. Filas are considered to be the most reliable and loyal guard dogs due to their natural desire to protect their family and territory.

The natural protective instinct that has been lost through the ages in most guard dogs is very much alive in the Fila. Their natural aggressiveness towards strangers is surprising for a dog that is very humble and docile towards its owners. The Fila is very intelligent and sensitive as well. He is the first one to know when you are in a bad mood or ill. He will follow you in his gentle and smooth way, placing his big head on your lap or poke you with his nose. No one can tell by looking at this gentle and large dog that he will react with great aggressiveness if he feels that someone or something in a menace to his owner or his territory.
caped dog
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Kara » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:04 am

Awww... look at the puppy zfila in that pic second from the right!!

What a sweet face!!! :))
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby whiskeyman » Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:04 pm

He is a very handsome dog!

jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby Maryellen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:29 pm

i hope i can, i still have those leashes and collars for you.
maybe this weekend.i have nothing going on except some stuff saturday from noon to 3
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:44 pm

I must say, i was very impressed with Wilber when i met him. i spent 2 hours with Chea and Wilber, he is a very gorgeous dog inperson, has an awesome personality, he is laid back,yet he is energetic when you want him to be. he was goood meeting rufus, however rufus was misbehaving and wilbur was still a good boy.

he is a beautiful dog and would make someone a great companion.

Please pass the word about wilbur around everyone.
Maryellen

Postby who00knows » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:45 pm

He looks great! He should find a home quick!
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:15 pm

I would also like to add that Wilbers tail always wags too!! he is a big ol sweetheart of a dog, who deserves a good loving home. He would even love a foster home.:) please someone help Wilber.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:23 pm

dont make me feel guilty silly. if i didnt have 3 dominant dogs at home i would. my GSD would make minced meat out of wilber in a heartbeat.:( she is so dog aggressive its not funny. and hubby wouldnt be able to handle keepingthem separated either. he is not too dog savvy.

(thats why i foster under a year old).

i would have fostered the boxer pup for you to make a final assessment of him.) anything under a year is ok in my house.(as long as they are not dog aggressive)
Maryellen

Postby Spurby » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:01 am

He sounds like a great dog!! and it doesn't hurt that he is so good looking too :inlove: I really hope he finds a great home soon!
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Maryellen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:29 pm

Chea, ALL the kids MUST come to meet Wilber. ALL OF THEM NO EXCEPTIONS. the husband, wife and ALL KIDS must come to see him and spend time with him. you must see how the kids react to him and vice versa. see how they all react to him, and how he reacts to all of them. 5 kids is alot of kids, can they really take the time to care for wilber, or are they just looking for a "guard" dog to stay out side or inside with no attention or training??? grill their butts off, tell them they MUST take him to a mandatory 7 week obedience class. with 5 kids where are they going to find the time for him?? grill their butts big time if they come back. do not let himbe adopted out to them without all the kids coming to meet him and spending time with him.
if you need help with this one and the shelter doesnt mind i can come up to help and to grill the whole family too.
Maryellen

Postby Boo439 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:23 am

We've got our fingers and paws cross over here for Wilbur!!
Boo439

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs