*******PLEASE HELP WILBER!!!!!!!*******

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby FantomsDad » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:32 am

Man, I'd take him if I could. I'll send the link to my dad. Slim chance but it couldn't hurt. You wouldn't have to worry about giving us a big dog. My 8 year old sis is used to big dogs:

p.s- I was in the middle of making my bed.
FantomsDad
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:14 pm

thats ok, its better for wilber. i am still keeping my fingers crossed. why doesnt the shelter do an adoption day at petco??? have a table with info on the dogs/cats for adoption, have stuff to sell to make money for the shelter, and maybe have 2 dogs there who are actually for adoption. that would get more exposure for the shelter
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:28 pm

i dont care how many people are interested in him, he should be out and aboout with a cute little adopt me coat./bandana on. if someone fills out an app on him still show him around. only for this reason as the people never came back. try to put a cute hat or something on him too. adoption days get ALOT of attention. we do them all the time. even if no one wants him, they will be interested in others. get a nice binder, and print color pictures of all the dogs/cats for adoption with a cute bio on each. put it open on the table. have lots of applications and pens next to it. get a big empty 5 gal water bottle and put pictures onthere too and a big sign saying DONATIONS. and the shelter name and addy and phone number. have shirts for sale, bandanas, dog toys, etc. you can go to www.petedge.com they have lots of stuff dirt cheap that you can mark up to make some money for the shelter.
do petco/ petsmart, any pet place that willl let you do an adoption day. dont just stick to middletown, go farther out too;
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:59 pm

no problem Chea, i am here to help:):)
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:17 pm

why isnt the shelter treating him for heartworm? and why didnt the shelter test him when he came into the shelter? the treatments means he has to be inactive for a couple of weeks, can this family handle this??
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:55 pm

i will donate some money for wilber
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:09 pm

no problem. let me know what happens.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:25 pm

make sure you print up everything they need to know about heartworm and the treatment it entails.. make sure it is explained to the family so that they know what they are in for. after they get the dog there is not much the shelter can do to enforce them getting him the treatment, or keeping him quiet
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:59 pm

woooohoooooo!!!!! way to go!!!!! alright wilbur has a home!!!!!!!

now make sure you keep in touch with them, and are you sure he is good around children?
Maryellen

Postby X-girl » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:08 pm

:cheerleader: Great news!! Woo Hoo!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:50 pm

:nana:
PitBullPride

Postby BabyReba » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:10 pm

excellent!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby K » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:08 am

Thank DOG for good news today!

Be good in your new place Wilber..all the best mate! :thumbsup:
K

Postby Boo439 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:09 am

I am so happy to hear that!!!! Yay Wilbur :))
Boo439

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:19 am

chea, before wilber goes with this family have them all come back again and have the kids all run around in front of wilber a little distance away and have them act all wild to see what wilber does to make doubly sure. sometimes dogs are great with kids that are not acting like kids, but you want to make sure he is ok with the wild movements and screaming and stuff
Maryellen

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs