Forum Angels of rescue/foster

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Forum Angels of rescue/foster

Postby damienApbt » Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:53 pm

Who here has helped you place a dog or has gone out of their way to help you??

I have to say thanks to Maryellen and Erin (babyreba). As some of you know, I came across a cane corso pup, Ammy, whom I took in as a foster. I had her for two months and a family that I found fell through for me. Finally I came to my senses and asked maryellen to help me and Erin posted her on petfinder for me. Soon after I found a home for her in a couple from Maryland.

Maryellen quarterbacked the whole thing for me. She's amazing!! And Erin lived in the same area as the couple that was interested so she even did a home check for me. Both of them grilled the couple and felt that they were a good candidate for adoption. Boy were they right for Ammy. The husband was a tall harley davidson guy in his 40's. He, in particular, was perfect for Ammy. He is a big gentle man who was laying on my floor trying to gain Ammy's affection, and he quickly did. The wife is a sweet woman, also in her 40's. They were all about learning about the breed and giving her a great home, including her own room. They live alone so Ammy has their full attention and love. I felt great, that this couple was the forever home that Ammy needed so bad.

So the first entry in This thread is for Maryellen and Erin (babyreba)

thanks guys....

also a well deserved credit to Moto who's been fostering Doc for almost 2 years. God bless you man, I felt like punching myself in the face some days with Ammy and that was for only 2 months. :headbang: good luck with finding him a new home.
Last edited by damienApbt on Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:18 pm

Your Welcome Damien, anytime anyone needs help with placing a dog, i am more than willing to help out with interviews, etc.
Maryellen

Postby violet » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:23 pm

People I have been personally involved with rescue here. Diane..thank you for letting me have Grunt. Jessa..thank you for adopting Grunt. I got the chance to help Dawn aka Pocketpit with Grettas litter of pups. Steph has helped arrange getting two dogs pulled from kill shelters so far. Dani YAY for helping with transport and putting up with a couple of dogs HOURS longer than you should have. And Aaron who is currently fostering for me. And HOORAH to the entire board for caring and helping when you can!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby pocketpit » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:59 pm

I have to sent a shout out to :

Rumpley from Hugabull
Kirstan from Bullseye
Thanks both of you for helping me to place dogs with some of your appicants and transporting when my schedule or car would not allow me to. :peace:

Violet for watching a couple of Gretta's little monster pups when they were old enought to be seperated. :headbang:

Spurby, Littlefoot and others who cared enough about Julie and Cedric to get them from Ontario to WA state :bowdown:

Falis and Barbponys for opening up their hearts and homes to another dog in need of a permanent home. :hug:

And a big thanks to all of the other board members here who are actively involved in resuce, fostering, transport, or helping in whatever small way they can be it crossposting needy dogs or educating the public on pet overpopulation. We have an AWSOME group of people here! :thumbsup:
pocketpit

Postby BabyReba » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:00 pm

Damien, I'm so happy that Ammy has a home, I'm glad to help whenever I can . . . Now I hope I get to run into her with her new family some day!

And Violet and Steph and Maryellen and Badrap and Littlefoot and Spurby and Hugabully and pocket all you rescue-oriented folks (too many to name!), thanks for being such dedicated people devoted to our bullies. And of course, thanks to Rel and Kaz for making this forum happen.

Good folks all 'round! :thumbsup:
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:24 pm

and Thanks to you too Erin, for being involved in rescue also, and thanks to all who are involved in rescue in one way or another. we couldnt do it without each other.
Maryellen

Re: Forum Angels of rescue/foster

Postby moto1320 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:35 pm

damienApbt wrote:also a well deserved credit to Moto who's been fostering Doc for almost 2 years. God bless you man, I felt like punching myself in the face every day with Ammy and that was for only 2 months. :headbang: good luck with finding him a new home.

Thanks for the props but it hasn't been quite that long. We're around a year. Long ass year.... :tongue: I also have had Erin (Baby Reba) jump in my corner with placing Doc and Ami (Pit Grrrl) has always been a big help to me. There are so many people that have reached out if things got too bad that I wouldn't know where to start. :thumbsup:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:59 pm

Kirstan with Bulls Eye Rescue totally rocks my casbah! She is such a hard worker for this breed.... She gets total props!

VIOLET! Violet is AMAZING! She has rescued and placed 30 dogs THIS YEAR! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! She is so willing to help however she can, and is fun to work with, too! :))
Steph-n-Wolf

Re: Forum Angels of rescue/foster

Postby damienApbt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:01 am

moto1320 wrote:
Thanks for the props but it hasn't been quite that long. We're around a year. Long ass year.... :tongue: I also have had Erin (Baby Reba) jump in my corner with placing Doc and Ami (Pit Grrrl) has always been a big help to me. There are so many people that have reached out if things got too bad that I wouldn't know where to start. :thumbsup:

roflmao i could have sworn you said 18 months. i need to sober up. 2 years sounds more dramatic any ways
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:19 pm

I have to re-inforce to thanks to this board- good job, guys!!!

I'm sure that most of these folks would be rescuing anyway, with whatever groups they are already affiliated with, but this board has allowed new connections to be made- and save dogs lives. I've worked with Pitbull Project, here in Seattle, for several years- but wouldn't have met Violet or Steph-n-Wolf otherwise. Because of them, I was able to help Tia/Betty find a home (hope it sticks!) in Seattle- and she was about to be put down in Oregon. This is great teamwork that wouldn't have happened through our "normal" connections.

Thanks Ariel and Kazou (and everyone else repsonsible for this board)!!!

aaron
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs