WA: URGENT need for a dog named Bourbon

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

WA: URGENT need for a dog named Bourbon

Postby SBTdani » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:36 pm

Bourbon, unfortunately doesn't come in a bottle. He is a red nose chocolate one year and a half year old American pitbull who is desperately lonely, thrives with attention and is down on his luck.

Sylvia Fox, an animal control officer, is taking care of him at a tiny shelter in Washington that she runs. He lives in a carrier. He is playful with other dogs and adores people, both genders, fine with kids, was raised with them. He even tolerates his nose being medicated when he injured it trying to get through a fence to be with Sylvia.

Sylvia cannot place him in the town of 500 where she is the animal control
officer, as she took him from a neglectful family who live there too.
She has worked daily for weeks now, calling and going down every dead end on behalf of Bourbon to find a placement for him as her facility is very inadequate. She cannot bear to put him down which has motivated her search for options.

Violet, Steph....anyone who can help out! i'm willing to help out to transport as well! Just can't foster :sad: Anyone interested can email, pm or contact me in some other way and i'll share the rest of the info.
SBTdani

Postby GreddysAngel » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:39 pm

:( I hope someone can help
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:25 pm

Dani..give her my email addy and I will see what I can do. violet_fem@hotmail.com or she can call me 253-472-1523
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby SBTdani » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:40 pm

Steph has her number now...so things are moving. i'm sure you'll be called soon :))
SBTdani

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:56 pm

Hey... I am trying to make something outta nothing :sad: There are a few urgent dogs that I am trying to get out of the shelter as tomorrow is their last day... If it comes down to an emergency with Burbon, please let me know right away and I will make something happen. Otherwise I will keep poking around and hoping that I can find someone to help. Get a picture and I will get him listed all around as well. Contact Kirstan with bullseye just incase she has a foster open..... I will keep trying to figure something out!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby violet » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:56 pm

ok..this was the reply from my friend in Idaho. I can't answer the male dog aggression thing?
Hi Violet,

Could you give me the story on him and let me know if he's ok with male doggies?...I've got Tucker. I'm sure he wouldn't be a problem with Bella as she likes guy dogs, but what do you think he'd do with Tuck? My main reason is that I'm opening a certified family home for my mom to live in and I it would be hard to do the pittie shuffle and take care of my mom. If he's cool with guy dogs, it might work. Would this be a temporary situation? let me know. We'll definately talk. Here's my e-mail address
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:00 pm

I was told that he was good with both males and females... but you may want to talk to the ACO, violet... PM me and I will give you her phone #s....
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby aaron kahn » Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:28 am

any update on Bourbon?
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:25 pm

he is supposed ot be picked up friday and going to his new home.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:29 pm

excellent!!! i'm a sucker for those chocolates! where is his new home???
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs