ABBIE NEEDS A FRIEND IN TEXAS PLS! d/fw

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
User avatar
BlueLemonade
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:13 pm

ABBIE NEEDS A FRIEND IN TEXAS PLS! d/fw

Postby BlueLemonade » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:34 am

Hey guys, i posted this in another topic, but i figured i should make its own topic

My roommate recently moved out and took his dog with him. Abby, my bully, has lost a friend! she is getting lonely without another dog to play with (she is very active and LOVES to play) and i need to get her a somebody to play with. normally i don't like to do anything but adopt but its really important for me to know how the dog was taken care of as a puppy. I am a little unhappy with my local shelter, as it took $300 and two months for me to adopt abby-so i'd really rather not go through that if i don't have to. (they originally told me 85 but kept tacking on extra fees then said i had to get more shots-originally they told me she was up on her shots already-and house checks did not go well-they did not show up when they said they would and then completely forgot they were supposed to come by for 2 weeks)

Not trying to get a free dog, i just want to know all that is involved and what i will need to pay-rehoming, whatever-up front so i don't get blindsided by a dog i've already fallen in love with.

I would prefer an older dog that needs a home, but love training puppies also, so i'm really open to anything-if you guys know of anybody needing a place to stay in the area, plz let me know!

User avatar
BlueLemonade
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Postby BlueLemonade » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:15 am

problem solved!

pEace

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Contact:

Postby crazy4pits » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:46 am

Please don't leave them alone together. You just might come home to a dead dog

User avatar
kayos1013
Newborn Bully
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: northern, va

Postby kayos1013 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:19 am

where are you located?

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Contact:

Postby crazy4pits » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:27 am

kayos1013 wrote:where are you located?


She is in Dallas FT worth area. She is or was looking for a playmate for her dog while she is not home. :frown:

User avatar
kayos1013
Newborn Bully
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: northern, va

Postby kayos1013 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 pm

oh i must of missed that part, that def if not a good idea.

User avatar
BlueLemonade
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Postby BlueLemonade » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:04 pm

just stopped by to see if anybody replied after i left-i kennel the younger one when i'm away. only, they do spend a lot of time together as i am at home during the day cuz i work nights and my roommate is at home at night. Only, dale was here before she was and had been here her whole life and she missed him. if you were concerned you could have asked-thanks for jumping to conclusions :thumbsup:

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Contact:

Postby crazy4pits » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:32 pm

BlueLemonade wrote:just stopped by to see if anybody replied after i left-i kennel the younger one when i'm away. only, they do spend a lot of time together as i am at home during the day cuz i work nights and my roommate is at home at night. Only, dale was here before she was and had been here her whole life and she missed him. if you were concerned you could have asked-thanks for jumping to conclusions :thumbsup:


Nobody jumped conclusions you made two threads in this area and in your other thread you said you wanted a playmate while you were away. So that means you let them alone unsupervised. :thumbsup:
anyway, I personally am looking to adopt in the dallas/ft worth area of texas-my roommate recently moved out and took his dog and now abby is bored all the time, so i need a playmate for her while i am away (only work 3/4 days a week but i work long hours so she gets lonely)
I am having a new rm coming in-she wants to get a dog too, but i don't want abby to have to lose another friend, so i am going to adopt another on my own.

User avatar
pavlov
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Postby pavlov » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:49 pm

crazy4pits wrote:Please don't leave them alone together. You just might come home to a dead dog


My APBT and my cat are alone by themselves while I am away and the only picture I come back home to is both of them snuggling and sleeping!

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Contact:

Postby crazy4pits » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:11 pm

pavlov wrote:
crazy4pits wrote:Please don't leave them alone together. You just might come home to a dead dog


My APBT and my cat are alone by themselves while I am away and the only picture I come back home to is both of them snuggling and sleeping!


We are not talking about a cat and a dog. We are talking about two dogs being left alone together.

I am not gonna turn this thread into a debate on unsupervised animals. You do a search and see how many times we have told people they are taking a huge risk and then those same people have come home to a disaster.

I will say this and that is it. NONE of my dogs are left alone unsupervised. They will never be left alone with the cats either. I know someone who has said the samething as you and walked into her home with blood spatter everywhere.

Just not worth the risk nor the headline

User avatar
BlueLemonade
Adolescent Bully
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:13 pm

Postby BlueLemonade » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:38 pm

yes-i play with my dogs when i am not here-my roommate will watch them, but doesn't really do anything active so she gets bored. like i said-if you had questions, ask-and yes, you did jump to conclusions. when i say i'm leaving my house, would you assume that no one is here? possibly-but if you came over and there was somebody here you would say you jumped to conclusions because you just assumed if i wasn't here that no one else would be-i'm not here to fight...just chill out and if you're not adopting out the dog, don't say anything negative in the post-had i not found a dog, i could have possibly found one that needed to be rescued here. I am very loving with my dogs and very responsible. the ONLY reason i don't kennel the older dog is because she has anxiety issues and will hurt herself if she is locked in a kennel for too long.

Please, if you aren't adopting out the dog, it is not your responsibility to find it a good home-it is the dog owner's. i'm pretty sure that if someone had a dog in need they wouldn't have just mailed it after reading that post-so if you can't help, leave it at that. there's no need for you to discourage other people from talking to me. and if they want to say no, so be it-but it's their decision not yours.

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 4283
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Contact:

Postby crazy4pits » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:34 pm

BlueLemonade wrote:yes-i play with my dogs when i am not here-my roommate will watch them, but doesn't really do anything active so she gets bored. like i said-if you had questions, ask-and yes, you did jump to conclusions. when i say i'm leaving my house, would you assume that no one is here? possibly-but if you came over and there was somebody here you would say you jumped to conclusions because you just assumed if i wasn't here that no one else would be-i'm not here to fight...just chill out and if you're not adopting out the dog, don't say anything negative in the post-had i not found a dog, i could have possibly found one that needed to be rescued here. I am very loving with my dogs and very responsible. the ONLY reason i don't kennel the older dog is because she has anxiety issues and will hurt herself if she is locked in a kennel for too long.

Please, if you aren't adopting out the dog, it is not your responsibility to find it a good home-it is the dog owner's. i'm pretty sure that if someone had a dog in need they wouldn't have just mailed it after reading that post-so if you can't help, leave it at that. there's no need for you to discourage other people from talking to me. and if they want to say no, so be it-but it's their decision not yours.



Listen up you appear to be the one that needs to chill out. You need to learn on the net that if you are going to say things such as I need a playmate when I am not home you will need give more details. such as my roommate will be watching them. If you just say I need a playmate while I am away well That is a red flag. I do rescue and adopt out for your information. If you told me that. You would get a flat out NO! Second of all I am not discouraging ANYONE from talking to you. So you can stop jumping to conclusions yourself.
You posted on a public forum and you will get quoted for the things you say so get used to it.
I said Nothing negative I only commented on what YOU SAID YOURSELF!

I am not here making decisions for people so where the hell are you getting that idea. Just because I posted to the person that asked where you was located and what you said does not mean I am making up their mind for them. I simply repeated what you said. I sure didn't tell anyone not to talk to you either.

For that matter any reputable rescue would not adopt out to someone who says they are going to leave the two dogs unsupervised.
I am glad you found a dog. And if you are saying they are always undersupervision then you won't be having any problems now will you.

If you can't crate the older one due to his issues then you can crate the other. I never said both dogs had to be crated when someone was not able to watch them.

I am done arguing with you. This is the net and a public forum. So you need to word things properly if you think people are jumping to conclusions. And if you don't want people to repeat something that you have said.

Happy Holidays.


Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests