Darling Deaf Dog Desires Decent Digs - FOREVER HOME FOUND!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Darling Deaf Dog Desires Decent Digs - FOREVER HOME FOUND!!!

Postby Slave to the Dogs » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:52 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel. I work with a rescue organization in MN. I was referred to this site from Rottweiler.net of which I am a member.

We currently have a one-year old, deaf, white, male, pitbull in our program that we are having a difficult time finding an appropriate home for. I'm posting here to try and get him as much exposure as possible.

Vito is a magnificant boy. Good with cat, kids, ferrets, etc. Loves other dogs but plays kind of rough.

If you know of anyone who might be interested in him, please direct them to: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2760709

You can also see him on our rescue site (which includes an online application) http://www.arottalove.org/rescue/available.htm
Thanks!!!!
Last edited by Slave to the Dogs on Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Slave to the Dogs
Matured Bully

Postby violet » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:51 pm

Wow..he looks like Cain. See deaf white urgent pitty below. We have managed to find a place for Cain so..we will have to work on this guy.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Re: New Here but Looking for Assistance

Postby kendall » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:09 pm

Slave to the Dogs wrote: Loves other dogs but plays kind of rough.

Ahh, that's exactly what I need! I wish I could take a dog now. Our biggest concern when we DO get our second dog is one that will get along with Levi, but wrestle with him and still stay friendly. He misses Caesar so much out here. They used to wrestle allllll day long.
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

I know!!!

Postby Slave to the Dogs » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:50 am

I know...As soon as I signed on and went to the Rescue board I saw the message about Cain. I looked and my first thought was..."Who in heck already posted Vito here???!!"

Vito is a doll! A charmer in every sense of the word!!

littlefoot wrote:He looks very much like Cain.

Welcome to the board.

I hope someone will give this boy a chance, he is beautiful!
Slave to the Dogs
Matured Bully

Heart string tugger....

Postby Slave to the Dogs » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:37 pm

Just thought I'd add a pic of our boy...

Can you believe those EARS!!! I think he might be mixed with bunny rabbit....
Slave to the Dogs
Matured Bully

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:41 pm

love those ears!!! here is wishing him luck- and a home for the holidays!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby PitBullPride » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:43 pm

Awwww he looks like Cain!!!! Gosh guys, I can't wait. :crybaby:
PitBullPride

A Letter from Vito

Postby Slave to the Dogs » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:20 pm

Didn't want our darling Vito to fall off the radar so I asked him to write you guys a letter.....

Hi! Vito here....the lady at A Rotta Love said I should tell you about myself, so here it goes...

I don't like it that I have to go to a new home, but I don't think I'll mind it much as long as I can run around and be "King Vito". Mama says I hafta go to school, and that the teachers here stink . I told her to buy them some soap if they stink so much, and she just laughed. huh...I was just tryin to help!

Do ya think you can find me a place with a fence thingy in the yard...I think I would really like that...I am not a real big fan of having that stupid rope thingy stuck to my collar! In fact, I am not a real big fan of my collar, but mama says "tough noogies." :roll:

I really am a sweet guy, very friendly, and just because I am deaf doesn't make me bad, ya know. The only difference between me and another pooch is that I am cooler. Oh...wait, mama says I can't say that. Ok, the only difference between me and another doggie that can hear is that I don't respond when you call me...but when you flip the lightswitch...here comes Vito! If you are sittin down and don't want to get up...a flashlight works too! I am really not that much different than a doggie that can hear...I am better I say! I know some hand signals...I know how to come, sit, stay, be patient (that one involves some drool!), lay down...and I am working on some more! I don't bark a whole lot, other doggies bark when someone is at the door, or when a car drives by...but not Vito! I just play with my toys and I might even let ya scratch my back if you are lucky (would ya would ya, please please please!?!)

I love everybody that comes to see me,and I'll sit there forever if you'll just scratch my back (don't make me beg again...please?) I would really like one of those fence thingys so that I can run around in my yard, and I would really like some treats. That's all I ask. I love to climb up on your lap and give ya some lovin' (mama calls me fifi sometimes, cause I think I weigh 4 pounds!) I love attention, and if you love me, I will give ya tons of lovin in return! I like to be by you all the time...need help with the laundry? I'm your man. Need help cookin dinner...then I am REALLY your man! I am crate trained...and I don't like it very much, but put a bone in there for me and I am in doggie heaven, baby! Mama covers the crate so that I can't see what's going on around me, and I go to sleep. Otherwise I cry cause I wanna be with you (either that or I wanna sneak in the fridge when you are sleepin! :) ) Ok, I don't do that...but I have dreams about it!) Can I come and live with YOU forever?
Slave to the Dogs
Matured Bully

Postby violet » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:25 pm

Is Vito shippable? We had a party interested in Cain and things did not go according to plan.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:30 pm

hey i'm here! I can help.....I see he's urgent....can he handle being shipped?????? I'm in FL......let me know!!!!!!!
PitBullPride

Postby violet » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:38 pm

and theres the interested party now! ;p
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby ammitnme » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:58 pm

:yipee:
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Slave to the Dogs » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:32 am

We don't normally adopt out of state, but if it gets to that point we may have no choice. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you sooo much!
Slave to the Dogs
Matured Bully

Postby PitBullPride » Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:13 am

Please do keep me posted! I will be here!
PitBullPride

Postby megan203 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:48 pm

hee hee. I think I posted about Vito a while back.....he's beautiful!
megan203

Next

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs