desperately need help!! Please read!!!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

desperately need help!! Please read!!!!

Postby seaside3 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:09 pm

Hi everyone - I'm new here. I just registered. I met a woman about a month ago - I was dropping off a foster dog to be kenneled for a couple of days, and she was outside holding a dog and crying. When I came back out I started talking with her. The dog is hers - her name is Taci, she's about 45 pounds, totally house-broken, has been to 2 behaviorists and excelled in obedience school. However, when Kathy adopted Taci, no one explained to her that pit bulls have a tendancy to be same-sex aggressive, and she already had a female pit. She had Taci for one year w/o trouble, but last month Taci and her other female pit got into a couple of fights, and she was forced to kennel Taci. She and her son visit Taci EVERY night after she finishes work. They are heartbroken to see their dog at the kennel for all of this time. A local rescue group paid for Taci's boarding for one month, but those funds ran out last week, and Kathy doesn't have the money to continue boarding the dog. I asked her for a picture and description of the dog, and we posted the info on the petfinder site for the all-breed group that I volunteer with. She is also posted on a site specifically for pit bulls. I made a committment to Kathy to find Taci a home, no matter how long it took. But we need help - Kathy can't financially continue boarding Taci, and she obviously can't bring her back home. All Taci needs is a home where she can be the only dog - even if it's a foster home - she just needs to get out of the kennel before she becomes institutionalized and another statistic. I told Kathy that b/c of the restriction that she be the only dog, and given that she is a pit bull, that it might take longer to find her a good home (there's a lot of crazy people out there!) and I told her to just be patient and that the right home and family would come along for Taci. I am hoping to at least get her into a foster home for the Christmas holiday - as my gift to Kathy, her son, and to Taci. If anyone out there is able to help, even if you can just provide a foster home, please, please let me know. Kathy and her son just lost their husband/father to depression and they are heartbroken over losing their dog. They continue to visit her every night, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave her there, especially knowing that it's just a kennel and that she deserves a good home. If you can help me find a home for Taci in time for Christmas, I would be eternally grateful. I look forward to hearing from you.
seaside3

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:13 pm

We all would love to help spread the word and keep our eyes and ears open... can you post a picture and/or a link to the petfinder site? Thanks for caring...

Welcome
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby Maryellen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:40 pm

is there any way they can keep the dogs separated so that the dog can come home? ie. use a kennel, crates, baby gates, etc. and this way taci can come home and they would just have to play musical dogs for a while until she was adopted??
Maryellen

Postby seaside3 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:51 pm

Here's a link to Taci's picture and info. Please get the word out - this forum is my last hope to find her something before Christmas...

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=
seaside3

Postby Maryellen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:59 pm

Seaside3, have you tried Bully Lovers Rescue in MD??
Maryellen

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:02 pm

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7843

I thought this sounded familiar!
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby BabyReba » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:29 pm

I'm talking about her on IM right now. I've forwarded her info around locally, and we have a few people who applied for a pit/ab pup that's already been adopted, and we are sending them to her Petfinder page since she looks kind of like our pup . . . perhaps one of them will be interested and follow up with her.

And yes, if you haven't already done so, Bully Lovers in Frederick would definitely be worth contacting. You can find their info on both PBRC and Petfinder!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby seaside3 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:29 pm

i had sent the info to a colleague of mine and her friend must've posted it for us. taci is posted on the bully lovers website - i also volunteer with bully lovers and that's how i recognized taci when i met kathy at the kennel - f/ gina's website. anyway - please get the info out to as many people as you can - the dog doesn't have to end up in MD (although Kathy would love to be able to continue to visit, i think she considers finding the dog a home the priority). and again, we'll take even a foster home at this point. thanks so much - spread the word! (and she's good w/ kids!) her only flaw is that she doesn't get along w/ other dogs. and bringing her back home and playing musical dogs is not an option...it's just been to hard on kathy to have to go through this...and especially her son (who i think she mentioned is mentally disabled).
seaside3

Postby seaside3 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:50 am

BabyReba -

Please let me know if anyone that you contact is interested in Taci. Thanks for taking the time to forward the link to her picture/description - if she looks like the dog that you already placed, maybe we'll find something for her! Please keep me posted.
seaside3

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs