North/South Carolina members

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

North/South Carolina members

Postby violet » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:14 pm

A friend of mine is desperately seeking a home or foster home for a really good looking 1 yr old male APBT who is currently in a shelter in Myrtle Beach. Here is her post on the dog
Well, took a walk through and found some pitties in the back. One just grabbed my little heart and I can't stop thinking about him. He is white with some brindle spots. I would show pics but they have a lot of dogs that they do not have online for some reason.

Anyway, he was oh soooo cute! But he is a big sack of bones. You can see ribs, spine and hip bones. It was sad. I thought poor guy they must have just gotten him in, so I looked at his chart and they have had him since AUGUST and there was nothing medically listed wrong with him. There was also another female pittie the same way, also been there since August but he was worse than she was.

It was closing time and Friday and lots of people running all over so I really couldn't get someone out there to answer questions for me but I still have to go back and return the paper work to volunteer, which I don't know if we can even do now because they want days and times written on there for when you can be there and my schedule and Poppa's changes all the time, depends on what is going on. We really can't set a schedule, so I don't know if we can help.

But anyway, I want to get this boy out of there. He was so sweet! All the other dogs are barking and jumping and I put my hand in his kennel and he laid his head in my hand and then reached out with his front leg and grabbed my arm and just held his leg there and pushed his face as far as he could in the edge of the kennel like he was just trying to get closer to me. Poor guy! I just wanted to take him home right then. I really can't afford to pay to adopt him but I want to get him out. Poor thing was so sweet!!

I want to try to get by there again very soon and talk to someone and maybe see if I can get a pic of him.

Maybe if nothing else they will let me help with just getting pics and descriptions and getting all of the dogs online. At least half of the dogs are not online and I don't understand why.

But anyway, I want to see if anyone can take this guy if I can get him out. He is about 7 maybe 8 months old and such a cutie.
I have not been able to get him out of my head since Friday. Such a sad little face.
Any ideas?

and here are pics she took today..this dog is in horrible condition. She is willing to adopt him but cannot keep him ebcause she has two APBT's and the male is male dog aggressive. But she could, if she had to, hold him for a week or so..anyone???
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:16 am

poor guy...

step up, peeps!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby nan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:51 pm

I'll ask around my friends here...we're only a couple hours from Myrtle Beach. I've got three male dogs already, or I'd think about fostering him myself...there's just not enough room in the house for an extra male dog, as I found out a few months ago when I ended up fostering a feisty eight-week old pup. But I'll see if anyone else I know has space...poor puppy. :sad:
nan
Matured Bully

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs