Kosmo-S.W.Michigan/ready for adoption!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Kosmo-S.W.Michigan/ready for adoption!

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:01 pm

Ok..Kosmo is offically adoptable ! He has yet to be neutered (scheduled in January 0 8) and will not be adoted out until post.
But this is one cute and happy cuddle bug of a guy building more and more confidence every day!

Also accepting Foster Home applications in the Muskegon and Grand Rapids area, I think he would benefit from going to another foster home.
And I never really meant to keep him as MY foster..but here he is!
l o l
And with eyes like this, who could say no?
He will need a home/foster who understands he doesnt need to be coddled but he needs positive confidence training.

Here is his offical Petfinder Ad:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kosmo is a pit bull terrier. But do not let the media stories fool you. This is one sweet cuddle bug of a dog!
Kosmo is about 2-3 years old. Yes someone cut his ears off. How sad ! With a black nose and freckled eyes this
guy will win anyone over with a shy wiggle and kiss.
He is potty trained and crate trained and will not be adopted until neutered and final vaccinations (scheduled for Jan 0 8). He is a shy
guy at first, but when you give him a minute to figure out you are friend not foe, look out! He will lean on you and sit
and give you the biggest saddest eyes until you pet and pet him!
Kosmo is stocky little male and weighs in at 51 pounds. He is full grown and did I tell you he is just the CUTEST dog!
Kosmo is still learning his manners around other dogs, he has no aggression but is excited and jumps all over them.
Some dogs do not appreciate his boisterous attention and look at him like he is a pesky little brother!
Kosmo came in sad and scared and didn't seem to know what play or toys were, but every day is a new day for him
to learn and explore and blossom into one really nice pet.
Do you have room in your heart for a wonderful bully that will just melt under your touch? I think he has room in his heart for you!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by luvnstuff on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm

I don't think you will have him very long :) Good luck Cosmo!

Julie

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Oh his poor ears! But he's still a handsome fella! Looks like a sweet, happy guy! I hope he finds a great home.

LoveFiona
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby LoveFiona » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:51 pm

What a sweetie! Good luck Kosmo!

Genesis~N~Petey
Super Bully

Postby Genesis~N~Petey » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:42 pm

Oh my goodness how cute!!!!

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 pm

I keep coming back to this guy's pictures! I showed him to my fiancé earlier, pointing out the "sweet face under those poor ears!" I know I already posted once in this thread but goodness!

That face is truly adorable!

Please do keep us updated on him! I'd love to hear a happy ending to his story! :thumbsup:

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:49 am

chinsNdobermans wrote:I keep coming back to this guy's pictures! I showed him to my fiancé earlier, pointing out the "sweet face under those poor ears!" I know I already posted once in this thread but goodness!

That face is truly adorable!

Please do keep us updated on him! I'd love to hear a happy ending to his story! :thumbsup:

I know his face is a real heart stealer ! You should see his fat butt do the wiggle dance in the morning.. oh my gosh.. FUNNY!!!!!!!
He is starting to loose some weight. Kosmo was kept in the pound for a while as his court case was heard ,and one of the elderly volunteers "Felt so sorry for him" and fed Kosmo until he about popped..egads!
But I am starting to see a bit of a waist line on him. He doesnt get much excercise as he wont run or play yet with toys in the back yard where he can romp freely. But we are doing walks now. :thumbsup:

oh here is some more pictures of him chinsNdobs from when he first came in until he burst his first BULLY SMILE! :))

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:20 am

Luv he is such a looker. Whoever gets either him or meatie will be blessed! If only I lived on my own...he was a she!

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:40 am

Oh wow he looks so sad in those first pictures you posted luv! So much happier in the ones in this thread. Goodness I am in love with him! :inlove: lol

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Anyone for a Kosmo update?

Well our lil buddy is doing rather well. He had a horrible neuter experience but is recovering.. lets just say I am not thrilled with the vet clinic that let the dog sit in a kennel all weekend post pulling out his stiches and then sent him home half re stiched, the old stiches STICHED in the new sutures and infected to boot.. :po:
Long story..but needless to say Pound Buddies wont be using this clinic any more........
Kosmo will have quite the weener scar but seems to be recovering , it did set us back in his getting out of the house.
But, ! Yesterday was his first visit to a pet store.
Oh he was so scared..but after a bit of walking around and getting some pets he begin to relax and look about a bit!
One naughty lil boy pet him and literally stuck his fingers in Kosmos mouth "ahh hellooo, how would YOU like it if I stuck my fingers in YOUR mouth " I said as I promplty removed his hands.. as the mom giggled (?).
Kosmo took it like a trooper and was just happy to be pet.
The kid also thought Kosmo was a "super dog!" due to his lil ADOPT ME cape.. l o l.
I could hear the kid from across the store, "THeRES THE SUPER DOG AGAIN"

Kosmo at home.. oh my! His nickname is "Bouncy Bouncy!" or "choo choo" for he just leaps about, bopping into walls, crates, furniture, l o l !
He choo'choo's his crate around the room ! What a nut!
He is finding a few favorite toys and realizing that EVERYTHING isnt a toy, and went for a car ride without me having to Pour him into the car.

So we are getting some successes and seeing a really nice and fun personality from him with a whole lot of sillyiness too!

He no longer wants to chase the cat but has found a true love in the cat..oh my.. and I mean TRUE love :inlove: .. oh double my! And the cat wont stop pestering him and refuses to leave the room.. .. I think we need to call in Dr.Phil HAHAHa.

weeee says Kosmo

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:36 pm

I'm always up for a Kosmo update! :inlove:
I got bored and played on the Sims2 the other day and modeled a bully after him for the family I made. lol

Glad he's recovering from his bad neuter and getting over his need to chase the kitty!

He's such a pretty boy!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:26 pm

Aww, Kosmo what a cutie patooty you are! Good Luck!

falldeepintoxen

Postby falldeepintoxen » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Ohhh...I wish I wish I wish!

Xen would love him...grrr! If only we were more settled in...

I hope he feels better, though! He's a beautiful boy! :inlove:

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:27 am

chinsNdobermans wrote: :inlove:
I got bored and played on the Sims2 the other day and modeled a bully after him for the family I made. !

That is too cute chinndobs!
:))

did I mention that Kosmo loves hugs..he will sit by you on the floor, stuff his head into my shoulder and we just hug and hug.
Now if I can get him relaxed enough to do this at adoption days we should find a great home pretty quick , with the hugs and his "baby seal" face.
:))

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:30 am

WOW- this is great to read...all fingers and paws crossed for Kosmo! :thumbsup:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”