sometimes rescue is tough...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

sometimes rescue is tough...

Postby HugABull1 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:43 am

...but it's almost always worth it.

We just had an awesome "save" happen. Ray, a very sweet, very bully boy was sitting down at the local pound. We'd assessed him, and he passed, but we sadly had nowhere to put him. I sent his pic and bio out to a fellow who's waitlisted for a dog from us, along with info on our dogs available and a couple shelter dogs I thought he may be interested, not expecting much. I got a call the next day - the guy was interested in Ray, and is willing to do a foster to adopt! I called the pound, and the ACO was LITERALLY picking up the phone to book Ray's euthanization appointment, as they were out of room and he was not viewed as highly "adoptable". Talk about a close call! I picked him up today and took him to the groomer's and had him at my house for a few hours - he's such a nice boy, all bully grin despite his poor health (he's got wicked allergies, lots of open sores, and a raging skin and ear infection as a result). He gets neutered on Friday, and then goes to his new foster home, which I am confident will be a forever home.

Anyway, all that got me thinking about how busy we've been at HugABull...

In the past year, HugABull has adopted out over 25 dogs (those are all the ones I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've forgotten someone!). We've also worked closely with the local shelters and helped them dramatically with their pitty adoptions. We do all the pit bull homechecks for one of the biggest shelters in Vancouver - which has resulted in a ton of pitties finding great homes! We also have three dogs up for adoption right now, maybe four (Ray, Arlo, Bronx, and possibly Charlie), and we have puppies coming up for adoption in the middle of next month.

I just want to say thanks to all the people on this board who've supported us in so many ways - you've done transports and homechecks, donated supplies, helped out with vet care, helped us find "just the right dog" for specific families, and much more. You've been there to lend advice or simply listen to Rumpley or I vent. It's been a learning experience getting HugABull off the ground, and we couldn't have done it without you.

Thanks everyone!!! :peace:
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs