Errand

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Errand

Postby barbponys » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:24 pm

Here's the little boy I picked up wednesday night. He's very sweet and though he needs work on manners he's a great dog. I named him Errand, because he's so sweet he reminded me of a character in a book, and because it was one HELL of an errand that night.

Edited to add: can you tell the pain meds have kicked in?? Don't work machinery under the influence DUH
Last edited by barbponys on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby violet » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:28 pm

About time...what have you been doing? :roll: I am getting hom posted on Petfinder RIGHT NOW! Anything you can tell me about him aside from just a sweet boy?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:36 pm

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby barbponys » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:37 pm

Yeah,
He's great in the crate, eats well, lacks manners but over all is real good. he know some basic stuff. Either he's very soft or he's been harshly corrected. A stern ah ah will make him cower. He does some marking and seems to be just a touch ADD but he will do anything for love. He gets along with everyone, has a little too much interest in the cat but is quite good. Like I said, a stern no is plenty. Now I will post that OTHER pic I took of him.

barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:45 pm

YAYYYYY!!!!!!! Good job Violet! someone's going to love that face. Sigh. He rests his head on my lap while I'm on this thing......aaaaaargh.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby violet » Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:52 pm

anything I need to add? hows the housebreaking stuff going?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby barbponys » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:30 am

He's 99.9% house broken. He didn't mark once tonight, had him on the leash some and off some. He's in his crate while I'm at work and it's clean........
He's a big water drinker, he goes out every hour or so.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:58 am

Pat-

GOOD JOB!!! I'm glad that you all made it home OK! Thanks for not making me take both...

again- good job.
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Rumpley » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:06 am

Oh my god - is that what I think it is - a pit/heeler mix?!?!?!?

Take it from someone who has one..not a mix for the weak hearted lol This one sounds a lot easier to handle that mine...wanna swap????
Rumpley
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:10 am

we fostered one... she wasn't too bad- once she settled in!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby Steph-n-Wolf » Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:50 pm

This boy I am assuming is a pit and heeler mix... his "sister" is very much a Pit Bull... they were found together abandoned in crates in a basement in Albany, Oregon. thank GOD a neighbor was alert enough to notice that they place seemed empty but continued to hear dogs crying. They were dirty with their own pee and BM from being stuck in the crates, underweight, and dehydrated, but otherwise very happy and wonderful dogs.

The woman that found them called the Animal Control, and they came to pick them up. She inquired about how well they would find homes and was informed that they woul be euthanized as they required vet attention nad that county shelter was "law inforcement, not an animal welfare agency."

The woman was low income and living in an appartment and therefore unable to take the dogs herself, but she went above and beyond what most people would do, even with her limited funds, and brought them to the vet. She had them treated for dehydration, spayed & neutered, vaccinated, and treated for worms. She even boarded them at the vet office for several days will trying to find homes. Sadly, they ended back in the county shelter.... They were transfered from the county shelter to the local shelter (which was a horrible set up... I will not go into details, but it was over croweded, dirty, sick, and scary)... they were together in a small set up with may other dogs.... We were there to pick up TWO dogs... and left with FIVE.

I was drawn to the duo right away, and fell in love with Errand and his "sister" (Wolf named her Nina... I brought her home and almost caused a devorce! I was NOT supposed to coem home with another dog!)... I found out that they were scheduled to be put to sleep that very day. Tears and deliberation later, they and a beagle-lab-chi thing came with us, too!

Nina is VERY sensitive to correction... very sound, confident, wonderful dog otherwise. I corrected her the first night for getting into the cat litter box... just a loud NO!"... and then I had to coax her back from under my desk several minutes later. She is terrified of spray bottles, too.

Errand wowed the pants off of me with how sweet, mellow, kind, and smart he was. In the little time that I got to know him I was smitten. We stopped at PetCo to meet up with Tankers (Who did 12 hours of driving that day, driving the next day, and then MORE driving for rescued dogs.... YAY TANKERS!) and Errand did so well inside PetCo.

He would make a fab dog for any family, I think. He is not neurotic or super hyper as you my suspect from his breed mix. He came off as a very well-adjusted sweet young man....

He is probably a year old or close. He is still young but not a puppy anymore.

He would love a home of his own for Christmas!

If you would like more info on Errand, PM me or Violet, or call me at
(541)343-1810
Steph-n-Wolf

Postby barbponys » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:48 pm

Took him to a friends farm today. He loved it there. Found out he has an amazing recall. He and Garion were waaaaaay on the other side of the property by the pond, I did a fingers in the mouth whistle and called them both. They stopped immediately and came back at a dead run. We actually think he is a heeler/beagle mix. His head and face look like beagle. She knows someone that is looking for a heeler mix so with luck the lady will be interested. Ellen will work her network of rescue friends and see what she can generate.........assuming someone doesn't fall in love with his cute face on Petfinder.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby violet » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:52 pm

I just listed him as heeler lab. I sure do not see pitty in that face. If someone thought they were getting a pit pup they must ahve been sorely disappointed with his results roflmao
violet
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs