The Holiday is Over

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

The Holiday is Over

Postby violet » Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:29 am

Yup..it was Christmas..and you got the kids a puppy. Doesn't take long for the newness to wear off. Where is he now? They tired of cleaning up after him yet? You tired of reminding them or doing it for them? That's right..you put him in the back yard. He'll be ok tho..you got him a dog house. The kids were so happy..did you SEE the looks on their faces? True Kodak moments. Yeah..Kodak moments....

Wow..you got that lonely friend of yours a dog..did you ask them if they wanted one? were they even LOOKING for one? That's ok..they will love it anyways..right? Least until they come home from work to find their house trashed, their shoes chewed, and piles of puppy poop everywhere..the REAL endearing qualities of a new dog. yup..she sure was happy to get that dog.

You see..the holidays are not over..not even here yet. And the shelters are FULL of last years Christmas puppies and pets. And the ones in shelters are sometimes the lucky ones..many more are in backyards, on chains..lonely and fed only when remembered. They are cold and unloved. Or worse..the ones that got SO forgotten they died of starvation, ended up in kill-shelters and are already dead. They got too big or too hyper..too much to handle..not enough time..kids stopped paying attention. That is what happens to most Christmas puppies. So please..don't run out and buy next years shelter pups for Christmas. Don't give away pets as gifts. Very few children are prepared for the responsibility of a pet beyond those Kodak moments. You want a nice picture of your kid with a pet..take them to a shelter so they can see what happens to them..and make a dogs last moments happy ones.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Benjamin789 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:11 pm

:goodpost: :thumbsup:
Benjamin789

Postby Maryellen » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:31 pm

Awesome posting!! :headbang:
Maryellen

Postby ammitnme » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:17 pm

Violet......that needs to be in editorials from coast to coast. Can I use that in my newspaper Pet Corner? Giving you credit, of course.
And quit making me bawl!!!!!!!!
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:41 pm

Feel free..and you know how bitchy I am about getting credit :roll:
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby ammitnme » Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:58 pm

:thumbsup:
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby JCleve86 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:24 am

You should send that to the TNT...seriously. How much does it cost to run an add in the paper? I'd be willing to throw some cash down to put something like that (condensed of course) in the classifieds with the title "Christmas Puppies" above it...any more local (Tacoma area) people willing to throw in?
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs