Bama Bully Rescue - new rescue group

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ayjayar
Newborn Bully

Bama Bully Rescue - new rescue group

Postby ayjayar » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:49 pm

The original Pit Bull rescue organization in Alabama, Turtle Moon Rescue, was disbanded by its president.

Members of the ex-TMR that include placement counselors, step-families, and other volunteers immediately stepped up to the plate and proceeded to organize what will be the only Alabama statewide Pit Bull rescue organization. The name of the new rescue group is Bama Bully Rescue (BBR) and its site (under construction) is:

http://www.bamabully.org/

In very proud of these folks for their dedication, expertise, competence, and for delivering “the goods” when there is such an incredible need.

Garland let us know that, while the permanent BBR site is being created, she is offering a personal MySpace page as a point of contact for friends, and especially for friends of Bullies. Garland’s MySpace BamaBullyRescue page contains a Mission Statement for the fledgling 501c3 organization. It starts with:

Bama Bully Rescue is a non-profit, 501c3 pending organization located in Alabama that works with shelters and the public in finding homes for Pit Bulls that have been abandoned, abused, neglected, or fallen victim to other situations in their lives. BBR strives to educate the public about the breeds true nature and encourages responsible ownership by offering training, behavioral and health care advice in hopes to decrease the number of Bullies that would, without such support, be relinquished.

I note that Garland’s MySpace site also includes a list and pictures of bullies in need of adoption.

Garland posted the following email to the new Alabama Pit Bull Lovers Yahoo Group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/AL_Pit_Bull_Lovers/:

Support Bama Bully Rescue! Spread the word and make sure everyone finds out.

Please visit us at http://www.myspace.com/bamabullyrescue and add us as a friend today!

Many of you have heard the news about Turtle Moon Rescue. As the only pit bull specific rescue in Alabama, the need in our state is great now that TMR is no longer.

Previous TMR volunteers and board members have continued on to create Bama Bully Rescue. Our formation of a new bully specific rescue group will be more successful and meaningful with all of our friends' support! Our mission is to help as many needy, homeless, unwanted and abused pit bulls and bully breeds as possible. We also will offer outreach programs to promote responsible pitty ownership, spay and neuter programs and fun events!

Thanks for your support and we look forward to working among the best in the animal welfare community!

Thank you, Garland. Very impressive

Bully regards to all,

AyJayAr

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Best wishes :thumbsup:

JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Okay, apparently I missed it...why did TMR cease to be?

ayjayar
Newborn Bully

Postby ayjayar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 am

JCleve86 wrote:Okay, apparently I missed it...why did TMR cease to be?

If I commented on this, it would be pure conjecture, so I rather keep my mouth shut. An unofficial version relates to the fact that the volunteers didn't like the way things were run and when they asked for changes Penny simply yanked the site and the Yahoo Group.

Suffices to say, it really does not matter. The organization existed only on paper and virtually. The real work is done by the counselors and step-families. They remain the same as before, albeit more enthusiastic.

As long as the dogs are being protected, loved, and placed instead of tortured and killed, I am satisfied and I will help the best I can regardless of who is in "charge." Frinstance, creating the new Yahoo Alabama Pit Bull Lovers Group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/AL_Pit_Bull_Lovers/ was seamless, even though I barely joined the old one. Guess from where I got my inspiration? From you, lovely ladies and gents! ;-)

Bully regards,

AJR

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:18 am

Thats sad to hear.... good bye to Turtle Moon Rescue. :sad:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:28 am

WOW.. that is very sad to hear...

hopefully this new rescue will be up and running shortly, and can continue on with rescue work

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Good Luck BammaBully!

May I ask what happened to all of the former TurtleMoon residents?

ayjayar
Newborn Bully

Postby ayjayar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:Good Luck BammaBully!

May I ask what happened to all of the former TurtleMoon residents?

They are with their foster-families. The only thing that changed is the name of the rescue group and the President and Vice-President (the President's father). The Board Members reassembled in the new organization, volunteers and step-families remain the same.

If you are interested in what happens with Pit Bulls in Alabama, you can join the Alabama Pit Bull Lovers Yahoo Group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/AL_Pit_Bull_Lovers/ and keep up with the "news."

Bully regards,

AJR
[/img]

INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Wow, I never really favored the way TMR was conducted but I never saw them pulling the plug. I joined the Yahoo group. Hopefully Bama Bully REscue will get up and running.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”