Plea for Puck (Old Man)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:20 pm

Puck is happily sitting at my feet chewing a bone. He went to PetSmart today after work with me and picked out a new bone, a cute T-Shirt to wear on his flight and a new toy.

He will be arriving in Wilmington at 4:49pm tomorrow evening and im so excited for him!!!!!!!!

Now im off to bed, his drop off time at the airport is 5am :crybaby:

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:25 am

Well I dropped my sweetheart off at the airport this morning and he is on his way to his new mommy!

Please wish him luck for a safe flight and again THANK YOU to everyone that helped get this boy home! :bowdown:

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:26 am

I can't wait! Tim and I are so excited. He should be getting ready to take off right now, I guess. Ellena, thank you so much for taking such good care of him. And thanks to everyone who made this financially possible. We'll give him a great home, I promise. I will try to get pics up tonight, if not tomorrow morning.

Gah, it's going to be a long day. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 am

God Speed and paws crossed for a safe trip.
Please let us know when he gets home safely ladyred. Thanks!

Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Victoria » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:51 am

I am SO excited! Have a safe trip Puck!

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 am

:yay: :dance: :nana:

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:44 am

Safe trip Puck - I'll be thinking about you all day!

SueN
Matured Bully

Postby SueN » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:43 pm

I just read this and it sounds like he just landed. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to see pics with the new family!

Great job to all that made this happen.

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:49 pm

:D

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:23 pm

ahhhh yes he should have landed! Im eagerly waiting for an update from Kelly! :))

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 pm

UPDATE? I'm too anxious to wait any longer! lol

MuttsMom
Matured Bully

Postby MuttsMom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:48 pm

mommy2kane wrote:UPDATE? I'm too anxious to wait any longer! lol

x 2!
I hope Puck is at his new home snoozing by now...it is getting late!!

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:54 pm

Puck is here safe and sound. :) His plane came in late and he's just getting settled. He's just passed out on a comforter in the living room, LOL.

I will take pics in the morning and will post them as soon as I get them off the camera.

MuttsMom
Matured Bully

Postby MuttsMom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 pm

Yeah for Puck! :peace:
Thanks so much for the update, now I can go to bed and stop wondering... lol

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:34 pm

I am so glad he's here. I've been on pins and needles all day. His plane out of Atlanta was delayed and he got in over an hour late, and the airport doesn't have its act together. I went to the ticket counter and waited with another gentleman who was waiting for his dog, and there was no one at the counter for over a half hour. Apparently the ticket people also get the planes boarded and unboarded. Finally, Puck was brought up by one of the men working there. He's such a little love, wagging his tail and so eager to be out of that crate. Guy tells me, "sorry, you can't use my cart to take the crate to the car, it's broken and we'd be liable". So I told him I was going to take Puck out of the crate. He's like, "you have a leash, right? You're really not supposed to do that."

I told him there was no way we could carry the crate out with Puck in it, and leashed him and walked him out while my husband got the crate.

I dropped my husband off at his truck since he met me at work, and then it was just Puck and I in the truck. It was dark, and he's stealthy, LOL. I was concentrating on the road, and Puck climbed into the passenger seat, hehe. He was my copilot for the ride home.

I took him out back to do his business, and then I cleaned out his crate, as he had an accident, no surprise after all that time in it, the poor guy, and then he got some dinner.

I had bought one of those inflatable pro-collars for Molly after her surgery, and put it on Puck so he's not at his stitches, and he seems to be doing really well with it. It looks kind of like a life preserver. Right now, he's using it as a pillow. :))

He followed me around the house while I got things settled, and then I brought out this plushy comforter for him since his bed's got to be washed, and he settled right down and went to sleep and is currently snoring contentedly on his makeshift bed.

I wanted to take pictures at the airport when he came in, but everything was so hectic, and coordinating the other two pups, one who's on the tail end of recovering from ACL surgery, and the other who's a big wuss kind of left me with no time to take pictures. I snapped one pic of Puck Man, and he shot me this long-suffering look like, can you just let me sleep? So I decided I'll wait till tomorrow and let him rest.

Thank you again to everyone who helped bring this to fruition. I can tell already that Puck is a total doll. He's going to fit in wonderfully here!

Oh yeah, and its supposed to be in the 60's and 70's for much of the coming week, so I think he'll enjoy that too.

I'll be back tomorrow. I just wanted to post to say thank you, thank you, thank you. He's such a love!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”