Plea for Puck (Old Man)

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby JCleve86 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:07 pm

He looks FABULOUS!!! :thumbsup: :inlove:

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Aww, he looks so happy! I'm so glad he's in a good home!

(And, can I have your yard?!? lol )

Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Victoria » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:29 pm

We assumed you would need to change his name as soon as you said you had a Tucker!

I am so happy to see our handsome man fattened up a bit, and his coat looks so great! He looks years younger. Give him a hug from me - or take him for a good peeing session at the nearest park! lol

by the way, I am super impressed at how short you have been able to get his nails already! Considering what horrible shape they were in when we first met him.

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks everyone. :) And I'll tell my husband that y'all like the yard. It might make him feel better when he has to start mowing in a month, LOL. It's great to have the room for running though.

Victoria, I hug him everyday and tell him how lucky he is that the angels with PNWPBR and the forums were watching over him.

I've been pretty vigilant with his nails, clipping the littlest bit off every few days or so. I've been keeping up with his dew claws too. I've never had a dog with rear dew claws, and I might just be a little bit paranoid about them getting too long, but I've been careful and haven't drawn blood, so I guess I'm doing ok. :tongue:

Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Victoria » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm

That's a great idea keeping up on the nails - it can take a really long time to get overgrown ones back into shape, and from the pictures it looks like you've done a fantastic job. Those rear dewclaw nails are the ones that were so long, they were curled over and imbedded into his pads, so I'm sure he doesn't mind you keeping that from ever happening again!

... and trust me, there are no angels at PNWPBR :twisted: :))

WGPKlaus
Super Bully

Postby WGPKlaus » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:07 pm

Wow!!!

So glad to see Puck/Bennie doing soo well. He looks great, his coat is beautiful, he looks very very happy, and I bet he thinks he's in heaven or possibly eden (your awesome yard) as it were. Thanks once again for taking this distinguished senior into your home, and certainly keep the pics coming, we all look forward to updates. :thumbsup:

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:15 am

I had the pleasure of meeting Bennie a few weeks back - he is a sweet boy!
ANd I stole your photos again! He is so photogenic! Ive already got pictures up on the website, I think Im going to have to add some of these new ones! I should get you to come take photos of the rescues here - you have an awesome knack for it!

But I can personally vouch for the fact that he is in a happy home - undoubtedly spoiled rotten! This is such a great story! I love happy endings:)

Im also thinking about contacting paw prints or dog living magazine to see if they will do a story about him. TDLM did a great article on "the truth of the pit bull terrier" in this months, I think it would be a great follow up story!

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:50 pm

Sarah,

Hah, yeah he's a little spoiled, but I can't help it! LOL Help yourself to the photos. I'm glad you like them. :) I just got a new camera, and these latest photos are using that one. They're so much better than the older camera's shots.

I'd be happy to come and take photos for you if you'd like. Actually, I get 24 hours of community service a year at work, so I can actually do it during working hours, like the afternoon, if that's easier for you to get things done during the week. I just need to give work a little notice. Couple hours here, couple hours there during the year if it works for you. I could also take pics at PetSmart if that's easier, but the scenery isn't ideal. And I can help out with whatever else you might need me to do. Let me know.

I'd love it if either of the magazines did a pit bull story, so I'm up for whatever ideas you have. Their plight just can't get enough exposure.

Kelly

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 pm

How wonderful, he looks so great! Stories like this make it all worth it, doesn't it? Amazing what some really generous, loving, amazing people can accomplish! :)

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Kelly - I need you to send me all your contact info. I emailed Sussanne Jalot from Dog Living Magazine - she is interested in doing the story on Puck!I told her I would get in touch with you and get all your info and email it to her. She will probably want to set up a quick interview and all that stuff.

Woo hoo! Puck gonna be even more famous!

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Done, Sarah. :)

How exciting! (Bennie) Puck's gonna be famous, hehe.

K

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:04 pm

hehe, I think I've seen these pictures before! :)

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Ok, I emailed her your info - expect to hear from her! Yay!

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Oh what a wonderful update to come back to!!!! Bennie is an adorable name and he looks WONDERFUL! Im SO impressed with the way his coat and nails are looking and that one of him with his snaggle-teeth.... it makes me giggle.

Please give him a big hig for me and im glad to hear his stinky kisses are getting better! lol

ladyred
Newborn Bully

Postby ladyred » Sun May 04, 2008 11:41 am

I haven't put up any pictures in a while, and I thought everyone who so kindly made it possible for Bennie to come to NC might want some new piccies. It was siesta time for Bennie. :)

Hi Ma, now that my bath is finished, I'm feelin' kinda tired.

Time for a nap. Let's go outside.

His coat's come along wonderfully, and he's really looking good, and loving life in the NC spring sun. :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”