wanted to help the pits, i need everyone

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
miladawg
Newborn Bully

wanted to help the pits, i need everyone

Postby miladawg » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:39 pm

I'm going to start a small fundraiser for the pits around my area, does anyone know a good legit charity I can give the money to? my baby pit just went to the vet, she's a trooper. "looks great" said the vet. lemme know
-cadu- :thumbsup:

my pup is the one in the back, the lil mean white one is her big bro

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:02 pm

What a nice idea, I don't have any ideas, but Good Luck!
:thumbsup:

miladawg
Newborn Bully

pit charity

Postby miladawg » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 am

yea I think we decided we're going to make t-shirts with a help the pitbulls phrase and sell them, and the profit goes to a pit charity. no one knows or runs a charity for pits? c'mon guys. and if anyone knows any phrases and pics to put on a shirt lemme know, but pm me, b/c i don't everyone knowing what it'll be like before I get them made. of course credit and a free shirt will be giving to the person who comes up wiht the perfect quote (don't steal someones elses idea please) and the mopney from the free shirt will still be sent to charity. thanks everyone.

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:30 pm

This might help, I have a few I use on the T Shirts I sell:

"Have you hugged a Pit Bull today?"

"is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours,
faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it
to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

"Pit Bulls are famous, in circles of knowledgeable dog
people, for the love and loyalty they bestow upon anyone
who shows them a smidgen of kindness." - Linda Wilson

Hope one might help out! Also, I do know of a pit rescue in Richmond, VA. Here is a link to their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/ringdogrescue

If you happen to pick a rescue thats not as close, consider us!
www.phoenixrisingpitrescue.com

We are in Wilmington, NC.

Good luck with the fundraising, every rescue can use it!

miladawg
Newborn Bully

pitbull savior

Postby miladawg » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:09 pm

okay I think I really finally fiqured out wth I'm gonna do, I was talking to people around my area and t-shirts are too expensive and hard to sell, so I am gonna make bracelets with in honor of the pits, and with 2 colors and a logo and the phrase each bracelet will cost me around 1.50. I'm gonna ask for 3 dollars a piece, and the rest will go to www.phoenixrisingpitrescue.com , rebels momma's pit rescue in wilmington NC. his site looks effective and pit friendly. I'm gonna order 300 of these, so I'll need everyones help. i asssume i can't sell anything off this site, so I'll make a pit savior myspace site and take requests, I've sold over 30 so far without even gettin them yet. if you guys think this will actually work and that we can make a difference i'll make it a bigger bundle. I'm hoping to eventually have more pit stuff and my own pit rescue. but for now I'll just raise a few bucks and help others and of course the pits! thanks guys

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Let me know when you can get a picture and all of them. I might be able to get some sold around here as well!
and
THANKS!!!!

Right now we have a total of 11 puppies (3months and younger) and 12 (4 months and older) in the rescue, and 36 on the waiting list to get in!

We can really use the help! Let me know when you are ready to get a rescue of your own started. Ill do what I can to help!

miladawg
Newborn Bully

pit rescue

Postby miladawg » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:07 pm

okay, I just made the order, the bands will be coming early febuary. now I just gotta start advertising and sellin, hopefully end of march beggining of april rebels momma's pit rescue ( www.phoenixrisingpitrescue.com
) wil have a decent donation. please everyone help pm me with requests! I will have pictures up as soon as I get the bends in. and wish me luck guys!

rebel momma, how does your pit rescue survive? how do you pay for location, food, shelter and what not? how long have you guys been doing this? and I hope you can get some sold down there too. I have a good feeling about this. :yay:

thanks everyone :dog:

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Walmart donates their damaged bags of food, as well as several individuals that help keep us in food. The dogs in the rescue either stay at my home with me (I have my garage converted to a kennel area and two seperate runs in the back), or at one of my foster homes. We currently have a total of 25 dogs and puppies in the rescue and 36 on the waiting list to come in.
Its my goal to raise enough funds to open a 150 dog facility for local rescues to use and maintain together, to help give more exposure to the animals here and so we can reclaim our homes!
Ive been doing rescue unofficially since I was about 13 and brought my first stray home, but Phoenix Rising became an official rescue in April. We now have our non profit status, and hold adoption events at a local PetSmart every weekend.
We stay alive .... I honestly cant tell you how though! Somehow we always make it!
It always seems like when things are at their worst, some random person will donate just enough to get us back on top. Its happened a good 3-4 times now! When vet bills have been so high that the extra has come out of my pocket, and then the mortgage couldnt be paid for the month, and that weekend theres a random check in the donation jar for $350! Its unreal sometimes.
Somehow it all works out! Right now im trying to replace some crates.... we have too many with broken trays or whatnot... we have to get some new ones.... so thats my project for the month!

miladawg
Newborn Bully

my own site

Postby miladawg » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Awesome man, well I just started my own website, well attempting to anyways. could you email me some pit pics that I could use on my website? and Can I put a link to your site on mine? my email adress is usandpup@yahoo.com. making a site is a lot of work. man o man

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Feel free to save any of the pictures on my site to use. Most all my good ones are there, so have at it! Let me know when you got yours up and going, and Ill put a link to you from mine as well!

miladawg
Newborn Bully

Postby miladawg » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:12 pm

hey man thanks a lot!

GreenEyedBully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GreenEyedBully » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:15 am

Are you taking orders now, or when the bracelets arrive in February? Do you have any pics of what they look like? Great Cause & Adorable Pup! :thumbsup:

miladawg
Newborn Bully

Postby miladawg » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:35 pm

hey everyone! the bands came in today! they look great. and everything is working out wonderful. I've sold a few to friends and family already. yes I am takin orders now, but i'm not too sure how yet. any suggestions? tomorrow I am gonna TRY and finish up my site and I'll post pics and more info there. I think we'll be able to give quite a bit of help to www.phoenixrisingpitrescue.com . well i'll k.i.t. thanks

RebelsMomma
Newborn Bully

Postby RebelsMomma » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:53 pm

let me know when I can check them out!

FBODGRL
Addicted to PBF

Postby FBODGRL » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:45 pm

RebelsMomma wrote:let me know when I can check them out!

X2

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”