Sad situation ***GRAPHIC IMAGES***

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Red
Addicted to PBF

Sad situation ***GRAPHIC IMAGES***

Postby Red » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 pm

**************PLEASE CROSSPOST*************

"On Monday, January 14, 2008 Gentle Barn Rescue Staff arrived on scene at a property in Lancaster, CA that, from a far, just looked like some fences and trees. As we got closer, it became a city of cages made out of chain link with approximately 400 animals in the worst case scenario. When we stepped out of our car the stench that hit us almost doubled us over and as we looked closer we saw 400 little eyes filled with loneliness and heart break begging us for help.

There are approximately 200 dogs (about 50 needing immediate life threatening medical attention, about 10 pregnant females), 30 cats, 40 chickens and turkeys, 100 goats and sheep, a Llama, an Emu, a pregnant horse, 3 potbellied pigs (one that can’t stand) and a 600 pound farm pig.

The animals had no water and had not eaten for God only knows how long. There were bags of wood pellets for starting fires in a stove, resembling animal food pellets were being fed to some of the animals. Dogs were found dead in wheelbarrows, ducks were found dead in black mud/sludge, and chickens were found half eaten in dog cages.

A majority of the animals have mange, upper respiratory problems, pink eye, vomiting, diarrhea and all are exhausted. Five litters of puppies have been removed from the property with horrible medical issues. The temperature has been below freezing and the animals have no protection from the extreme climate and because of the rain are living in mud puddles with no dry area at all.

The Gentle Barn is taking in many of the animals including pigs, emu, llama, and a pregnant horse and is working on the scene to rescue and place the remaining animals. Animal control said that they do not have room for all of these animals so it is up to The Gentle Barn and the rescue community to assist in the saving of these helpless angels.

WE DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDING FOR THIS EFFORT AND NEED YOU’RE HELP NOW! PLEASE MAKE YOUR DONATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
YOU CAN HELP BY:

1. Adopting, fostering or helping find homes for the animals.
2. Volunteering with The Gentle Barn to help feed and clean these defenseless animals.
3. Donating to The Gentle Barn for the following:

We need funding for:

Feed for the emu, pigs, horse, llama and dry food for 200 dogs

Veterinary Care for neutering (there are about 200 dogs and they all need to be fixed at about $40.00 each), vaccines, stitches and treatment for mange and other sicknesses.

Animal transportation costs

Cleaning Supplies: flat oversized shovels, green metal leaf rakes, pooper scoopers, and more.

The Gentle Barn is a nonprofit sanctuary home to animals rescued from abuse and host to at-risk, inner-city and special needs children.
Thank you so much for your support.

Please make donation on line at www.gentlebarn.org

Or send donations to The Gentle Barn’s mailing address at:

26910 Sierra Highway D-8 #318

Santa Clarita, CA 91321

Media contact: Jay Weiner 661-252-2440"

http://www.gentlebarn.org/id89.html

The e-mail I was sent from a rescue friend asked for at least 50 dog igloos for the dogs, who are left in the freezing cold.They have no shelter whatsoever.If anyone can donate anything please do it trough
Creative Pet Supply
Call toll free number to place your order|
USA & Canada: 1-800-227-0001
Outside of USA: 1-310-832-9929
FAX: (310)832-9982.
Email: order@creativepet.com

Here is Sophie, who is need of immediate vet care, among many others:

The responsible:

Some other dogs.Pictures were taken after two days the rescuers got to them so they at least had water, food and some blankets:

INOCNTKITN187
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby INOCNTKITN187 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Where did the goats go? Any idea?

Minders73
Matured Bully

Postby Minders73 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 pm

I feel sick...some people just need to be shot. :crybaby: Red are the folks involved in the rescue people you know? Do you know what group is helping with the dogs? cats?? I would like to send something.

Do you mind if I cross post the article on another rescue list?

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Where did the goats go? Any idea?

I have no idea but I can send you some contact info you want to talk to someone.I got that e-mail this morning so I am not sure what is going on.

Red are the folks involved in the rescue people you know? Do you know what group is helping with the dogs?

The e-mail was from a rescuer friend who works with other rescues in south CA.Some I know and some I don't.The Gentle Barn Foundation is the rescue involved.
http://www.gentlebarn.org/
I don't know how many dogs or cats they can take or have taken already.They are looking for someone to step in, other rescues or caring folks.They are close to me so I can take a look at some dogs if anyone here can help.There are pit bulls but I am not going to take any here if I don't have a place for them to go.Plus, I haven't seen them yet.

Yes, please crosspost.

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:45 am

:crybaby: OMG those poor animals. That first dog ... :crybaby: I can't even put words to what I am feeling.

I'm crossposting and sending this to rescue friends.

I absolutely hate people sometimes - this monster needs to experience what he put all these animals through. :yucky:

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am

Villalobos rescue took 5 or 6 pit bulls.

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:07 am

Oh my ,

Thats incredibly sad and infuriating.

Those poor animals.

I think we can send a small donation to Gentle Barn and to Villabos.

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:09 am

Oh my those poor babies...
:yucky:

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:05 am

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:08 am

:sad:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am

Murfins wrote::crybaby: OMG those poor animals. That first dog ... :crybaby: I can't even put words to what I am feeling.

I'm crossposting and sending this to rescue friends.

I absolutely hate people sometimes - this monster needs to experience what he put all these animals through. :yucky:

Ditto. This guy is a repeated hoarder?! It really pisses me off people get away with doing this after they have been caught!

Daphnesmom
Matured Bully

Postby Daphnesmom » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:10 am

There is something in the air ... EARS is responding to a hoarder in Nevada, and they also activated their volunteers for this one in Lancaster. Here's a link to the video of the Lancaster situation.

More than 20 EARS volunteers said they went to assist this past weekend! CNN reported about the situation and they have a video of it online. An EARS volunteer is shown. You can view the video here - as long as they keep the link active:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... glect.kcal

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:38 am

I am speechless about that first dog. I PRAY he is able to recover and live a good life with a new owner. I could not afford much but I sent them some money. I hope it helps.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:40 am

:crybaby:

what a sad sad day.

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:49 am

Can someone add a warning about the first two pics. Mainly the pic with the eye....

Damn pepople :po: that treat dogs like that.....

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”