Possible adoption or foster Brindle boy in Seattle

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Sashapit11
Adolescent Bully

Possible adoption or foster Brindle boy in Seattle

Postby Sashapit11 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey everyone, I am looking into fostering or adopting this Brindle Boy in Ballard. His Family and mommy are having a real difficulty getting him potty trained. She has two kids and her hubby is deployed. The dog was originally for him but then he had to leave to go to iraq. The fam and I will be going to meet him later on tonight, I wil attempt to post pics but we all know I suck at it. So if I am unsuccessful can someone fix it. Thanks for reading!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am

well if you can find someone for him, maybe you can find someone for Booker since poor Karla has ended up with him. :dunno: We would not have pulled him had we not thought he had somewhere to go and someone else covering his costs.

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 am

Dont get me wrong, Booker is a wonderful boy, but he deserves to be an only dog...not 6th in a house of very tempermental brats. I was tapped before he arrived, and am borderline overloaded now with his unexpected stay. He is safe here with me, and I am glad I was in a position to be able to take him in, but that being said...maybe you should focus on following through with existing obligations rather than trying to take in another?

Sashapit11
Adolescent Bully

Postby Sashapit11 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:47 pm

So, we did end up taking on the Brindle Boy, his name is "Lance", but that wont necessarily stick. He is a 5 months old, tiger brindle with a black face and muzzle. He is a Shepherd/Pit/Chow mix. He weighs about 45 lbs, underweight, and is more than likely allergic to his food. They had him on the Walmart brand "Ol' Roy?". She passed him on with a paid neuter certificate, and a set date for his second set of shots. I haven't gotten a picture up yet, but it is comming. At this point we don't know if he is a foster or adoption,..so mods if this is placed in the wrong catagory then please re-post it somewhere else.

Now on to Booker,....

I am still open to working on placing Booker, but here is the problem. The place that Booker would be going is my parents house. And as I said in the PM I sent you, I would not be opposed to trying to have him there, but with what happened to Mama Cass, I am a little hesitant to bring him over to my parents house where there is no "kitty control" system in place. I have been online, I have been checking for information about Booker, but have not seen an update. I called Karla yesterday and wanted to know about what was going on, whether or not placing him at my parents would be acceptable at this point. I am fairly new to fostering, and what I know is that I wouldn't want to place him permanently in a house with cats at this point, because from what everyone has said about him, being that I haven't met the boy yet, is that he is an awesome dog who deserves to be in a place where he can't be set up to fail. So that being said, I will talk with my Mom and Pop, and see if they would be okay with having Booker still. I mean when we were setting this up he was already "cat tested" and clearly that was not correct information. I just feel bad that Karla lost a good friend in the process. Please PM me or call me about your thoughts on what we can do, or how I can help with Booker.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Well - he WAS cat tested and did fine - but it wasn't a face to face meeting with a cat, it was a cat in a cage as suggested by people on here!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:17 pm

cat testing is never 100% its just one of those things. My point was, maybe you could pass some assistance karla's way since the only reason she has him was because we brought him over here to go to you. Now..don't get me wrong..Booker is fine where he is. BUT..Karla ended up taking responsibility where she should not have had to. I memory serves me, we checked you out and did the home check so Booker could go straight to you. And you even had an appointment with a vet for him a couple days after he was due to arrive.

I am glad you are helping this other dog. And I am glad this dog was safe. But Booker and Karla got left high and dry long before the Mama Cass incident.

aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:27 pm

good luck Booker! any cute pics of this dog, which I cannot help with?

Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Cheshirekatt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:34 pm

New to fostering and you're starting out with a pit/chow/sheperd mix? That's a tough mix.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Aaron,
I bumped bookers BIG thread back up. :thumbsup: there are pics of him in there. he is a GEORGOUS dog! (if a bit of a goon)

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:38 pm

violet wrote:Aaron,
I bumped bookers BIG thread back up. :thumbsup: there are pics of him in there. he is a GEORGOUS dog! (if a bit of a goon)

BIG goon, with a bloody happy tail to prove it :yucky: ! Vi, he looks SO much better now...we gotta come see you soon.

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:41 pm

I want new adoption pics. So just let me know!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm

violet wrote:But Booker and Karla got left high and dry long before the Mama Cass incident.

Wow that is too bad - I'm glad to see you guys are committed to him, thank you Vi, and Karla (especially Karla)!!

Booker must be a very special dog. I thought so when he was with us, I'm glad I was right...

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:11 am

msvette2u wrote:
violet wrote:But Booker and Karla got left high and dry long before the Mama Cass incident.

Wow that is too bad - I'm glad to see you guys are committed to him, thank you Vi, and Karla (especially Karla)!!

Booker must be a very special dog. I thought so when he was with us, I'm glad I was right...

Karla ROCKS! (you too Vi) :headbang:

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 am

Ellena wrote:
msvette2u wrote:

Karla ROCKS! (you too Vi) :headbang:

:oops: :oops:

if only i could win the lotto...

Sashapit11
Adolescent Bully

Postby Sashapit11 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Okay,... so I left them high and dry? How did I do that? I was all set to take this dog from the get go. I was prepared to do what ever was necessary in order to foster him. I did get a homecheck, and then I was told that Booker needed to stay with Karla until after his infection cleared up and he was neutered, which did not happen until now! I am feeling a little bit of tension here, I was told we had to hold off and was waiting to hear the go ahead. Now the last correspondance I had about Booker was in the 28th of december, the incident that happened to Mama Cass was on the 8th of Jan, so in the week inbetween those times I was supposed to something magical and take the dog despite the fact that people wanted me to wait for his medical condition to clear and for him to get neutered? I don't understand,.. I also offered to help in any way I could, but I heard nothing until I got a PM stating that there was a problem and read Mama Cass's memorial. So someone please tell me how I let you all down--- cause I would like to know....

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”