Does anyone have rescue contacts in New England?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Does anyone have rescue contacts in New England?

Postby Adivina » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:54 pm

All of my fosters are full, and my lease is only approved for two dogs at my apartment. There is a person who keeps posting a pitbull that they claim "isn't even theirs" on Craigslist and saying the dog absolutely has to go.

They also are getting rid of a 2 month old pit puppy. Both are male, the older one is not socialized with children, cats, or other dogs the "owner" says - he lives outside in a makeshift kennel.

The posters big "selling point" is that the older dog is cropped. You can tell there is no care or consideration as to WHERE the dogs will go to just from the posts I've seen.

I tried contacting and networking with a local bully rescue - and they were USELESS.

Does anyone have any rescue contacts in the New England area? I will be willing to transport the dogs and pay the adoption fee this person wants if we can get these dogs into a foster home - I've been trying for a week or so now, but the person posted today saying the dogs have to go NO MATTER WHAT by the end of this week. New Bedford has a large dog fighting issue and honestly I just have a very bad feeling about how this is going to wind up.

Watch me get kicked out of my apartment for having an Akita and 3 pibbles >< I just want to do everything I can to make sure these two guys have a chance....

MyPetTherapyDogs
Adolescent Bully

Postby MyPetTherapyDogs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi:
Just curious, what local bully breed club did you ask to help?
Sue

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Most bully rescues are full and overwhelmed. It isn't that they are useles, they just already have their hands full.

As a rescuer, I get emails every day and I can help very few dogs and I have been told many times that it is my responsibility to take their dog as a rescuer as if I get paid for my efforts. Most rescuers do the best that they can do. The rescue you contacted may be in the same position.

MyPetTherapyDogs
Adolescent Bully

Postby MyPetTherapyDogs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:39 pm

I here ya there. That is why I asked.
I live in RI and know many rescue people.
Daily, I get hundreds of phone calls and e-mails from owners wanting to get rid of their dogs.
The same thing applies. NO ROOM AT THE INN.
And, if there is room, most resuce people will pull a dog that has already been temperament tested and has been sitting on death row at a local shelter before they will take owner turn in's.
Puppies are a different story though, they usually can find foster care.
Advinia, did you try Alexia from Underground Rescue?
She is a member of my group and does lots of pit bulll puppy foster care.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Amy Hendrickson wrote:Most bully rescues are full and overwhelmed. It isn't that they are useles, they just already have their hands full.

As a rescuer, I get emails every day and I can help very few dogs and I have been told many times that it is my responsibility to take their dog as a rescuer as if I get paid for my efforts. Most rescuers do the best that they can do. The rescue you contacted may be in the same position.

Crap, you get paid?!!! lol What on earth are these people thinking??

Advinia, you need to get a better place, one that will let you have at least 4 dogs lol Seriously though, Good Luck!

KJAX5252
Super Bully

Postby KJAX5252 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:56 am

Alexia was my Brady's foster Mommy before I adopted him. She had him for about a month before we adopted him and was fabulous.
She is with Underdog ResQ.

MyPetTherapyDogs
Adolescent Bully

Postby MyPetTherapyDogs » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am

Yes, that is her, Sorry, I had the organization name wrong.
She is a wonderful person and is in New England too.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”