Rescuers... would you let me foster a dog?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Rescuers... would you let me foster a dog?

Postby kendall » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:52 pm

What kind of info do you guys get from a foster before you will place a dog with them? Is there like a list of questions you use? And if so, can you post it, I will answer them, and tell me if you would let me foster a dog?
I am interested in fostering... probably won't happen til we're out of Laramie and into our own house, but I'm trying to do some homework on this before I jump in.
Thanks guys!!

-Grace
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:11 pm

I look for people who have space, time, and love to give. I want to know that any foster dog i place would be treated as a loving family pet until his forever family was found. I would want to know what other pets are in teh home and what kind of schedule you keep so I have an idea what dogs/cats/whatever would work ok in your home. I look for alot of the same things in a foster home that I do a forever home. Though when desperate I can occasionally be less picky.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby kendall » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:30 pm

violet wrote:I look for people who have space, time, and love to give.

We have a 2 bdrm *cough*trailer*cough* on a cattle & horse ranch (we rent).
Schedules... Josh goes to school at night and works in the morning. I work at night normally. 3-11 or 11-7. Levi (and a foster, if I had one) comes to work with me 11-7.
In Jan. I start school but am only taking 1 class on campus. 2 days a week from 1:10-2:30. My other class is online.
And always love. :))

violet wrote:I want to know that any foster dog i place would be treated as a loving family pet until his forever family was found.

That's a given. I don't really know how NOT to treat an animal in my house as part of the family.

violet wrote:I would want to know what other pets are in teh home and what kind of schedule you keep

1 dog, Levi. 1 and 1/2 year old APBT (obviously. lol) male, NOT altered yet. (that is definitely happening BEFORE I consider fostering). He has not shown any animal aggression so far. Gets along well with other dogs but his biggest concern with other dogs is "when will they wrestle?" so when we do foster we'd be looking probably for another bull dog or at least something sturdy enough to be able to play with Levi and hold it's own but who could do so without it escalating.

I know I would not foster until Levi is neutered. How does the other stuff sound? Be honest... if I sound like a poop foster, I want to know.
Last edited by kendall on Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:40 pm

Once levi was neutered I wouldnt personally see a problem..least til i emt you and realized you were psycho :peace: :twisted:
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby kendall » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:45 pm

roflmao That's always holding me back!

Thanks for the response, Vi.
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby aaron kahn » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:10 am

violet wrote:Though when desperate I can occasionally be less picky.

Hmmmm.... :sad:
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby violet » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:17 am

You came HIGHLY recommended, Aaron.I was NOT referring to you!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs