Comfort; White Boxer

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Comfort; White Boxer

Postby merriterrier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:39 am

Comfort was abandoned at the shelter after his owners were told we did not have any room to take owner relinquishments.

He is very sweet. About 4-5 years. Neutered. Child and Dog Friendly(seems ok with cats). Walks well on a leash. And his coat looks very good for a white Boxer considering he was wearing a logging chain when he was dumped. He is just a huge mushy boy.

The Director of the shelter wants him out ASAP. I guess older kinda beat up dogs take up space that should go to cute fluffy puppies. :frown:

Sorry for the lack of contrast. White dog on snow. mmm nice... lol

Dizzy
Adolescent Bully

Postby Dizzy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:53 am

I wanna another boxer! :crybaby:

I don't now there's much I can do-I don't think my landlord would go for another critter-but let me know if there's something I can do. I'd be good for helping transport or short term fostering (ie, week or less) if someone out here is interested.

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Oh my, Michael would fall in love with him if I showed him this thread. (He's a sucker for Boxers) What a sweet looking boy.

Not much I can do to help, here in NY, but I can send prayers!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:52 pm

How is he with other dogs!??
If "ok" with them we could bring him here (Eastern WA!)
Let me know.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Comfort is friendly and polite with other dogs; large and small. He doesn't seem very interested in playing though.

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:20 pm

msvette2u wrote:How is he with other dogs!??
If "ok" with them we could bring him here (Eastern WA!)
Let me know.

Oh I hope this works out!
:))

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:29 pm

merriterrier wrote:Comfort is friendly and polite with other dogs; large and small. He doesn't seem very interested in playing though.

That works for me!
Let me know if anyone can help get him closer to us. We could even meet in Oregon somewhere.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Good luck sweetheart. What a doll. I adore boxers too. Is his hearing normal? (did I miss that?)

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:26 pm

He seems to respond to speech. How silly of me, I didn't even think of the hearing thing. I will check that out.

msvette, it would be great if we could work something out. I will find out the shelter end tomorrow and we can go from there. Thanks for the offer.

I was also going to contact Hobo Care the Boxer rescue in Colorado to see if they could take him.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Oh yeah closer would be easier I'm sure - but remember, we will make room if nothing else closer materializes!

LowLady
Adolescent Bully

Postby LowLady » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 am

what a beautiful boxer. i wish i was closer. good luck to him

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:04 am

I was speaking to a trainer who is working with a wonderful pit mix in the Pit Bull Project training him to be a service dog for a young man with Muscular Dystrophy. This trainer helps people in need of service dogs who cannot afford the extensive costs of purchasing a service dog. She assists people with finding, training and certifying their own service dogs. While we were working with Dakota I mentioned Comfort and what a nice dog he is hopping she might know someone wanting a Boxer. She evaluated Comfort and brought a man yesterday to look at him. I am thrilled to report that Comfort has been selected to join Canine Companions for Independence. Comfort will help his new owner who has MS with balancing, carrying oxygen, and wearing a pack so the man can transport his stuff. Comfort obviously has not entered training yet (in 2 weeks he will start) but he already heels perfectly and allows his owner to steady himself on Comforts shoulders. :headbang:

Thank you very much for the offer msvette! and thanks to everyone for the good vibes! Ya done good!
lol

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:06 am

Awesome!!!

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:56 am

What an awesome update! :headbang:

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:16 pm

merriterrier wrote:I was speaking to a trainer who is working with a wonderful pit mix in the Pit Bull Project training him to be a service dog for a young man with Muscular Dystrophy. This trainer helps people in need of service dogs who cannot afford the extensive costs of purchasing a service dog. She assists people with finding, training and certifying their own service dogs. While we were working with Dakota I mentioned Comfort and what a nice dog he is hopping she might know someone wanting a Boxer. She evaluated Comfort and brought a man yesterday to look at him. I am thrilled to report that Comfort has been selected to join Canine Companions for Independence. Comfort will help his new owner who has MS with balancing, carrying oxygen, and wearing a pack so the man can transport his stuff. Comfort obviously has not entered training yet (in 2 weeks he will start) but he already heels perfectly and allows his owner to steady himself on Comforts shoulders. :headbang:

Thank you very much for the offer msvette! and thanks to everyone for the good vibes! Ya done good!
lol

OMG!! You are definitely THE person to be saving dogs where you are merrieterrier!! I have never heard such great outcomes. YAY for Comfort - and you named him perfectly for what he's going to be doing too!! Wow, I think you are a very special person indeed.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”