Blue Tri URGENT

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Taffys_Angel
Bully Ambassador

Postby Taffys_Angel » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:07 am

Ellena wrote:I havent been able to find any options for Gordo, so no I think we will have to let him go. Kitty killers are hard to place responsibly and most rescues dont take them..... Poor Gordo. :frown:

That's such a shame. I can't get over this dog and his situation.

I still don't understand the hangup people have over keeping cats AND dogs together (I'm not knocking people who do. I just feel it's taking a big risk), and killing perfectly good dogs just because they had an inccident with a cat. It's natural dog behaviour. Humans are the ones with the un-natural expectations... you can't expect to always win out over a million years of evolution and basic predatory instincts.

It'd totaly take that dog in if I had the ability to do so(and didn't live in bsl-ville). I don't own cats anymore (23 years of cat pee stink is enough), and never will so long as I have dogs and my other pets (reptiles/fish/rats)...

I'm sorry Gordo, I wish someone could have helped you out. :frown:

Thanks for trying though Ellena.

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:19 am

Taffys_Angel wrote:
Ellena wrote:I havent been able to find any options for Gordo, so no I think we will have to let him go. Kitty killers are hard to place responsibly and most rescues dont take them..... Poor Gordo. :frown:

That's such a shame. I can't get over this dog and his situation.

I still don't understand the hangup people have over keeping cats AND dogs together (I'm not knocking people who do. I just feel it's taking a big risk), and killing perfectly good dogs just because they had an inccident with a cat. It's natural dog behaviour. Humans are the ones with the un-natural expectations... you can't expect to always win out over a million years of evolution and basic predatory instincts.

It'd totaly take that dog in if I had the ability to do so(and didn't live in bsl-ville). I don't own cats anymore (23 years of cat pee stink is enough), and never will so long as I have dogs and my other pets (reptiles/fish/rats)...

I'm sorry Gordo, I wish someone could have helped you out. :frown:

Thanks for trying though Ellena.

x2.

I gladly would have said to ship him here if circumstances were different. Unfortunately, we just haven't moved yet. :(

Minders73
Matured Bully

Postby Minders73 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:59 am

:frown:

Victoria
Matured Bully

Postby Victoria » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:56 pm

Unfortunately, today is Gordo's last day. If anyone has a lead, please PM me. :frown:

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Aww poor Gordo. I wish I could do something, I really do. :sad:

Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Wesam » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:22 pm

So what happened guys? Any news?

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Tori will be doing some additional testing tomorrow for me. If he passes completely (I trust her wholeheartedly not to sugarcoat things), I have offered to foster him.

My big concern is that he MUST not be over the top reactive to other DA dogs while crated. Somewhat reactive is one thing, but metal-bending, crate busting reactive is not something I can handle with my current crew and family situation.

Yes, I must need my head examined....adopting out one kitty killer, and bringing in another one...

PLEASE - keep looking for places for this boy to go. If he DOES come here, I will need to enlist all the help I can get in finding a home for him.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:40 pm

Karladuane, you truly are an angel. I thank you a MILLION times for giving this poor guy a second chance! (If the testing goes well, I know, but I'm staying optimistic!) I hope that he passes his test with flying colors, and I hope that everything goes well if/when he arrives at your home. You'll definitely have to keep us updated! :D

Good luck Gordo!!!

ILoveMyPitBulls
Matured Bully

Postby ILoveMyPitBulls » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:38 am

Awww I'm so happy he may get another chance. He is so beautiful.

I agree with SaveThePitBulls, you truly are an angel for giving it a shot! :hug:

MuttsMom
Matured Bully

Postby MuttsMom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:21 am

Whew! Bless ALL you guys helping with Gordo! :headbang: I have been so scared to check this thread for an update, fearing he would be gone. Looking forward to hearing he did great and you are able to foster him... and surely somebody will want this handsome dude soon!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:20 am

omg, Karla!!! lol ok..shall we get him listed the second Tori gives her seal of approval. lol

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:08 pm

violet wrote:omg, Karla!!! lol ok..shall we get him listed the second Tori gives her seal of approval. lol

My son and Jordan think I am insane...they just stare at me and shake their heads.

(they know better than to argue with me tho lol )

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm so glad you guys are trying to help this beautiful boy!
Mike and I have been just sick over poor Gordo's plight - he broke down and said "let's adopt him," back when I told him he was likely going to be put down. Mike has never said that about any dog I've ever told him about. :(

I'm so so glad that things are looking up for him! Please keep us updated, this boy has my heart.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”