need help for special needs pit pup!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

need help for special needs pit pup!

Postby HugABull1 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:37 pm

HugABull was contacted the other day by a person in Ontario requiring some assistance.

The woman who contacted me has rescued a 6 month old male pit pup from being euthanized - the dog has a broken leg. They've attempted surgery, which has been unsuccesful. The leg may need to be amputated.

This from the email:

I would love to see Parker go to a home in a province/city that does not have a pitbull ban but it's more important that he find a permanent home who understands APBTs. If you don't mind passing along my contact info that would be greatly appreciated. Just so you have a little more info to pass along, Parker is a brown brindle w/ white larger pit puppy, we're guessing he is around 6 months of age. He is a typical sucky pitbull who will need a dog experienced owner, and at this point I think he needs a home where he can be the only pet as he's showing some dog aggression with my resident female sheltie. He's also whiny and tries to chase my cat. We're still not sure what is going to be done about his broken leg -- differing opinions from different vets. It will likely need to be amputated although we are going to give him a month or so of cage rest and see if it heals on it's own. I also intend to neuter him as soon as he can handle another surgery, and I will ensure he's up to date on vaccines. I am in no rush to place him as I'd like to see him healed and ready to go although I would guess it's easier to place a puppy than a young adult and would be willing to let him go to someone willing to continue on with treating his medical needs.

This woman is willing to foster Parker, and is also willing to pay for him to be transported as far as BC. I DON'T think it's wise to bring him to BC, as BC is rumbling about also pressing for a Province-wide ban, especially if the Ontario ban goes through, and our foster homes are full (we have a line up of dogs right now waiting to be pulled - seems everyone dumps their pets at Christmas :sad: ). She and I have discussed this, and she now agrees that it would not be wise to send him to BC. What we'd love to see happen is either someone in Ontario help her with placement while she fosters, or another rescue group, either out of Province or US-based take him on.

If anyone is able to help, please PM me, and I'll pass you the lady's phone number.
Last edited by HugABull1 on Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby Maryellen » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:20 pm

i remember seeing her post somewhere else too on the web, it was either on realpitbull or the dna/dnr list asking for help..
Maryellen

Postby HugABull1 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:56 am

*bump*

This lady could really use a hand - and it's not often you find someone who's willing to do most of the work themselves! Can anyone help this little special needs pupper?
HugABull1
www.HugABull.com

Postby Spurby » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:37 pm

Chilli, i have been in contact with her via e-mail, i also forwarded her info to another group, as well as told her that i could help if the other group can't, just waiting to hear back from her.
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs