Cute American Bulldog Cross in Edmonton

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Winnie
Newborn Bully

Cute American Bulldog Cross in Edmonton

Postby Winnie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Debo has been marooned in Edmonton. He had been placed in a forever home, but the people took advantage of him. They did walk him, but he was not getting nearly enough exercise. He was a pudgy boy when he came back to his foster home.

His pounds have been walked off now, and he is doing better with regular exercise and his foster family of one Neopolitan Mastiff puppy and 2 Amstaffs.

He needs a firm owner who has some experience with bully breeds because he is somewhat of an opportunist with dogs and people. If you think that he might be the dog for you, please PM me.

Here are some links to some pictures of Debo:

http://www.hugabull.com/adoptable.shtml

http://www.bullybuddies.net/courtesyadoptabledogs.htm

We will try to get some better pictures of Debo posted in the next few days.

We would love to hear from you.

Winnie

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:45 pm

I didn't see any dogs named Debo on those links. They're cute dogs though.

kaytenmags
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kaytenmags » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Sweet72947 wrote:I didn't see any dogs named Debo on those links. They're cute dogs though.

on the hugabull link, if you scoll down just over halfway he's there.
or go to the site, hit ctrl+F, and search for the word 'debo'.

he looks so squishable. :inlove:
and he's got a cute little boxer-like tail!

Winnie
Newborn Bully

Debo's Tail

Postby Winnie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Debo's tail may be a cute boxer tail now, but his foster mom had numerous problems with that tail.

By the time that the Edmonton City Pound found Debo, his tail had been terribly degloved. His owners duct taped his injury even though the bone was showing.

The vet initially tried to cut off the dead part of the tail. Unfortunately, Debo had happy tail. The surgery did not heal.

So, he went back to the vet for a second partial amputation. Again, she did her best to try to save his tail. Again, the tail failed to heal.

He had to go for a third amputation. He was extremely lucky as the vet was able to cut off the dead part without cutting into his anal muscles. Had the injury been any deeper, his entire tail would be gone and he would be incontinent.

Debo healed up, and his foster mom trained him to sit at every corner, not go on the furniture, and to sit. She had him well on the way to a successful life.

His foster mom, Liana, has put a great deal of time and money into this dog. He has received a lot of love, but he needs a forever home.

If anybody is interested, please let us know.

Winnie

formaximus
Matured Bully

Postby formaximus » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 pm

I swear i want every single dog on that page. :thumbsup:

sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sam » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Liana
Newborn Bully

Debo

Postby Liana » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi all...Just wanted to update about Debo...I did think he was walking funny so I had both his hips and knees x-rayed and he is a-ok!

Liana
Newborn Bully

debo

Postby Liana » Mon May 05, 2008 10:14 am

:sad: Debo is still looking for a responsible home. He has had sooooo many fall through I can't believe it! He needs someone that will love him for who is.....

He does live with other dogs just fine, as he is living with all my male dogs...Cats are a no go though..He is great with children, and both male and female adults. He is housebroken, and crate trained. He loves car rides, and his walks....He does need owners that are firm but fair...Currently Debo is in Alberta, Canada.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”