BC- My new foster dog!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

BC- My new foster dog!

Postby sam » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 pm

When we heard about Ella we knew that she must be special. At a shelter where they are routinely having to euthanize Pit Bulls due to lack of options, Ella somehow managed to become the shelter manager's office dog! Not only that, but when we were looking at options for getting her to the Lower Mainland, the Manager did not want to stress Ella out by putting her on an airplane. Instead she offered to do the 10 hour drive down to the Lower Mainland, in order to personally deliever Ella to her new foster home!

She is indeed stellar!

Ella just arrived in foster care and we can already see why the shelter staff at the Prince George SPCA were so in love with her! She is a complete gem!

Upon arrival she enjoyed a leisurely walk with her new foster sister Noli. Once she arrived at her temporarily home she looked around and quickly found the best couch in the joint. As I type she is still snoozing away.

Ella came into the shelter as a stray. She was not claimed but it is very evident that whomever had her before took pretty good care of her. She is very well-trained, and has great manners. She is wonderful on-leash. She even goes into an automatic sit when she sees the leash come out for a walk! Ella is about 9 years old, and weighs between 40-45 lbs. She is a petite girl with the cutest brindle spots.

More info as we get to know her!
http://www.bullybuddies.net

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:49 am

What a sweetie! :inlove:

satanscheerleader
Addicted to PBF

Postby satanscheerleader » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:18 am

Awwwwww........... she is gorgeous Sam!

violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 am

SAM! you are BACK!!!!

She is a doll! :inlove:

sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sam » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:12 pm

I am back, and Ella is amazing!

She is a pretty easy one to be smitten with. She is perfect on-leash. She strutted her stuff down Commercial Dr. today as if she was walking down the red carpet. People were fawning all over her! She is currently sleeping next to me on the couch. I think that she is closer to 10-11 years old, but is in great overall shape.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am

:inlove:

What a sexy old lady! lol I have a soft spot for older dogs. Good Luck Ella!

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:11 pm

:inlove: :inlove:

sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sam » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Just a little update on Ella- she is still perfect!

She is literally the nicest dog I have ever fostered. She would be a wonderful match for an older person that wants a best friend, but not interested in a small dog. She is exceptionally well-behaved and great on-leash. Plus she loves to cuddle!

I think that we managed to trace her almost illegible tattoo today. It looks like her original name was Shylo and she will turn 10 on July 25th.

heartbullies

Postby heartbullies » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:07 am

She is beautiful!

That makes me so sad, that someone got her tattooed, but then did not claim her. I know it's probably owner apathy but I'd like to imagine some terrible chain of events that led to people being unable to find their beloved family pooch, but they had at least TRIED, or something. :(

But she is so lucky now, to be safe and in a loving home environment, and hopefully a forever family will come for her very soon. She has lovely sweet eyes. Thank you for taking care of her.

Cooper
Newborn Bully

Postby Cooper » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:23 pm

You need to stop posting cute pictures of Ella - my room mate keeps saying she wants her...

Murfins
Addicted to PBF

Postby Murfins » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:56 pm

She is BEAUTIFUL! :inlove:

sam
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby sam » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm

You need to stop posting cute pictures of Ella - my room mate keeps saying she wants her...

She would glide into your house like she had always lived there. It is impossible to resist the temptation that is Ella, and she knows it!

ps- she needs a spot to hang out this weekend if you might be interested :)

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:12 am

Oh, wow! She is beautiful. :inlove: She sounds like an angel. If we were in the position to adopt, she would be the one.

Good luck Ella!

Cooper
Newborn Bully

Postby Cooper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 pm

ps- she needs a spot to hang out this weekend if you might be interested

Sorry - can't help out this weekend. :sad:

Maybe next time.

mistee06
Matured Bully

Postby mistee06 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Sam,

I have a question...completely off topic.. Even though Ella is beautiful...

The person who is taking Stewie (or...i guess Huckleberry to you!!)...are they on here?

(I'm Kim from the South Peace branch... lol)

I just REALLY want to know how he turns out... I dont know why I'm so attached to him...he's a little brat... it was EXTREMELY hard for me to leave him in Quesnel the other day (although they tell me he's doing good)...

I havent been on here in so long... and tonight I was thinking about him and I remembered you were on here LOL..

I'm so excited that you guys had a spot for him...and I'm forever grateful...we had like 10 apps come in on him while he was in the office...and I just straight out told every single one no LOL..

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”