Toes Needs a Better Life

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Toes Needs a Better Life

Postby merriterrier » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Poor Toes. Toes was adopted from the shelter when he was about 9 weeks old. Toes came back to the shelter a couple of months ago as a stray and at that time his eyes were badly sun burned (probably from being outdoors in the very bright snow) and he had some frost bite on his ears and toes, but his owners reclaimed him. Well Toes came back again, this time he was confiscated in an abuse case. The neighbors called AC when they noticed Toes being repeatedly struck with a board. Apparently the neighbors had complained before, but Toes was never taken from the owner. Well third times the charm, and Toes came back to the shelter.

When I first saw Toes the other day he was curled in a tiny ball trying to scrunch himself into the kennel wall. Toes would not respond to any sort of sweet talking or offering of food. When I picked him up he soiled himself and went completely limp. When he was put on a leash he tried to get away and when that didn't work he flattened himself to the ground and shook like a leaf.

3 days of love and patience has really helped Toes come around. He is still afraid of fast movements and angry voices, but he is a sweet sweet lover boy. He now walks much better on the leash and is working on coming to his name (which I think is very scary for him as he will SLOWLY belly crawl to you). He is happy to see everyone and wants new people to pet him, but he is a little nervous if new people approach quickly (nothing aggressive, just very submissive). He is very gentle with children and connects with them immediately.

Toes is approx 6 mo. He has till next Fri. I cannot take him, but will try to buy him more time. He is a wonderful little soul who deserves a good loving family. If you have any ideas please PM me, email me merriterrier@animail.net, or call me 719-754-3149 303-748-3338

He was named toes b/c he has some black toes on every foot.

Thanks a million,
Robin

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Poor Pup!

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:10 pm

:sad: , poor baby...he could come live with me, but I am on the other side of the states...

PitFriend
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitFriend » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm

:crybaby: Good luck sweet boy.

stillhoneymooning
Matured Bully

Postby stillhoneymooning » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm

OMG...poor boy! I would foster him in heartbeat if you could get him to PA, but that's one heck of a transport!

formaximus
Matured Bully

Postby formaximus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:39 pm

wow he looks great. very unfortunate. I hope somethign works out.

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

aooo cute... :crybaby:

chinsNdobermans
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby chinsNdobermans » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:04 pm

That is an adorable dog... I hope someone can bust him out.

Lanolar
***WARNING2***
***WARNING2***

Postby Lanolar » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:11 pm

What a sad story, I sure hope he gets rescued. He deserves so much better! I sure wish we could save them all.

karladaune
Bully Ambassador

Postby karladaune » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:24 pm

OT and I apologize in advance for the momentary thread hack

Hey you PA people that are willing to foster...PM me. I have a contact name for a rescue who could use some help!

aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Postby aaron kahn » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 am

poor little cutie- good luck Toes!

bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby bullheaded » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:20 am

karladaune wrote:OT and I apologize in advance for the momentary thread hack

Hey you PA people that are willing to foster...PM me. I have a contact name for a rescue who could use some help!
I sent you a PM

bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby bullheaded » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:23 am

Poor baby, why do people have to do that to animals :po: Good luck, he is adorable

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:48 am

bullheaded wrote:
karladaune wrote:OT and I apologize in advance for the momentary thread hack

I sent you a PM

me too!

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am

Oh jeeze, he has been though all this in only six months!!!! Poor thing. I hope everything turns out for this boy.

Could you buy him time by having him held as evidence on the case? I assume the case will only last a month or so, but it may be enough time to figure something else out. Oh, and I would also suggest finding out the date of the 'owner' case. Talk to the state's attorney to see if you or someone from the shelter could attend the case. And make sure the neighbor attends the case- without them there, the judge will pass the case and the 'owner' will walk away.

If you have any questions regarding attending court cases please feel free to send me a PM. I am involved with this group http://www.dawgsite.org/index.html Even silently attending case helps tremendously.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”