Toes Needs a Better Life

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 am

Praying for Toes! What the heck? That must have been so horrible to keep being sent back to his abusers. :frown:

I wish I was rich - I'd fly him to PA. SOB. Not sure what to say.

I guess keeping him as evidence is the best idea so far. Let me know if I can help with looking up info or calling anyone.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:39 pm

ilikelily wrote:Oh jeeze, he has been though all this in only six months!!!! Poor thing. I hope everything turns out for this boy.

Could you buy him time by having him held as evidence on the case? I assume the case will only last a month or so, but it may be enough time to figure something else out. Oh, and I would also suggest finding out the date of the 'owner' case. Talk to the state's attorney to see if you or someone from the shelter could attend the case. And make sure the neighbor attends the case- without them there, the judge will pass the case and the 'owner' will walk away.

If you have any questions regarding attending court cases please feel free to send me a PM. I am involved with this group http://www.dawgsite.org/index.html Even silently attending case helps tremendously.

Thanks for the advice! I will see if we can work this angle. And will check out your site this evening for more info!
I am concerned b/c animal abuse is taken pretty lightly here, in fact many people never go to court if they agree to sign the dog over to the shelter (or AC if the town has one; our shelter services 7 area towns) and agree not to own any other pets for 1 year. I will see what has happened in Toes case, if there is a court date I will personally go.

I am willing to drive Toes to any state bordering CO. I am also willing to ship him if we can figure out the funds issue.

Thank you all for the support!

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:52 pm

This may be a LONG shot... But I will be in Auburn, Indiana next weekend (of the 29th) I am more then willing to transport him back to PA, if we can get him to In... My friend was going to drive out with her car, but if we can get him to IN, i'd be more then willing to drive out my car and put the milage on it...

stillhoneymooning
Matured Bully

Postby stillhoneymooning » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Megan wrote:This may be a LONG shot... But I will be in Auburn, Indiana next weekend (of the 29th) I am more then willing to transport him back to PA, if we can get him to In... My friend was going to drive out with her car, but if we can get him to IN, i'd be more then willing to drive out my car and put the milage on it...

I can take him anytime after April 9 (we're in Florida the 1st through the 9th) if someone can figure out how to get him here.

bullheaded
Matured Bully

Postby bullheaded » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:11 pm

If you need someone to keep him from the 29th to the 9th, we are available. If some how he can get from Co to Indiana. Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Well if we can get him from CO to IN this may work out :) I'd love to offer to foster him until the 9th, but my own APBT is select dog aggressive, and with the other two dogs here, it would be too hard to manage.

Merriterrier- any chance at getting this boy out that way that you know of?

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 am

I'll see what we can do!
I will check some things out and we can get the ball rolling.

Thanks for the support!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:21 am

Has anyone worked on transport like this before? I have driven a leg of a transport a few times, but never organized one or sent a dog on one. Any tips? or ideas?

What about flying? I know it is not very easy on the dog but again I have never done that before...

Another thing is: I am willing to neuter Toes before he goes, but if we are looking at getting him to IN on the 29th I'm not sure if I will be able to make an apt before then as the vets usually have a week or two wait. Although, I can call today and see what we can do. I certinly do not want to send a rescue dog off unaltered, I suppose if it was the only way I would be willing to do a s/n contract. I will get his rabies on Sat at the free clinic.

Anyways, I am going to the shelter shortly for work, so I will find out more details.

Rambling off! lol

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:04 am

well, if ends up out here on our end of the states, and hasn't been altered, I am more then willing to pay for the whole thing, or chip in a good portion of it..I remember reading a post on here, I believe about pilots and paws, something to look into.

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm

I have never done a dog transport, I've only transported chinchillas(rodents) to and from shows; which is actually where I'll be coming from in IN.

I'm assuming it's for the most part the same thing? Find days/times that can work for both parties, locations that can work, and just hand off at that time/location--keeping in touch as things go on?

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Any chance he can get to Virginia. I need another dog like I need a whole in my head, what with Angus doing so well with his training with Aja.

BUT, I'd be willing to foster and pay for obedience training while we await a new home. It's just getting him from CO to VA. And if he can get here, I'd temp foster till the other person in PA can take him. And I'd drive him to PA if needed.

Just sayin'.. :thumbsup:

NAILHEAD
Adolescent Bully

Postby NAILHEAD » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:12 pm

I hope this cute lil guy makes it. so sad. Please someone Loving take him! :sad: [/b]

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Toes is not being held for a court case as his previous owners relinquished him to the shelter. :sad: But I suppose it could be worse...

I have contacted the rolling rescue as well as some people on this end of the states to see if we can get Toes on a transport. At this time there is nothing set up, but we are in the organizing stages. I may be able to get someone to transport from Denver area to Nebraska somewhere.

As soon as possible I will create a schedule for transport and post it here. If for whatever reason we can't work out transport I discovered that our regional airport will ship dogs...

Again thanks for the advice/help/support!

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:05 pm

How awsome would it be if we can throw this together for the poor baby?

The person I am driving with, is actually in Elkton, MD. So if someone in MD is also interested, We can get him there as well.

Monika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Monika » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I wish I could help but I'm all the way in VT... I just wanted to hop on here and say how much I love this forum and how so many people are trying to help little Toes out!!!!! :inlove:

You all :headbang: and I really hope it all works out!!! :peace:

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”