Can anyone help?

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
weaktoast
Newborn Bully

Can anyone help?

Postby weaktoast » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey guys its been a few weeks since ive been able to get on here...... I must say I sure miss it haha!! Any way let me get into the purpose of this whole thred. Just as most of you, I'm a proud owner of an American Pitbull Terrier I love this dog with all my heart and would do anything for him. He was a gift to me for my birthday last year from my girlfriend, at the time I had my own house with roommates and the living situation was good. once our lease was up it was time to move again but this time I wouldnt be moving back in with the same roommates. Lately things have kinda been kinda in the air as in my living situation, wich means haveing my dog has become a problem to. I moved back in with my mom into her apartment and Kale came with me (Kale is my dog) but just like most apartments they dont except dogs. They have been really cool on working with me while I find a temporary home for him, until we move this summer. Its been about a month and a half now with out my pup :crybaby: :sad:

I sent him with my dad for the past month but, with him working all the time its been really hard for Kale to get the attention and love he needs there and my dad is ready to give him back. I guess what I'm looking for is there anyone out there that is or has been in my same situation? and if so can you give me any words of advice?

I also know this forum is filled with people who not only love pitbulls but live for pitbulls, rescue pitbulls and would do anything to help a pitbull in need or any dog at that. People with good hearts and who understand the importance of a dogs well being :peace: This is the main reason why I would come to you guys for help. I'm wondering if there is anyone in my rural area who has room/time for another dog temporarly? I live in Puyallup, Washington...... close to tacoma but I can drive anywhere. If anyone is interested in helping me out I would be willing to discuss some sort of payment or work out an agreement.

Kale is one year old next month, he is house trained, currently he is not fixed, but im looking into it right now and am thinking of getting the operation done this weekend. He knows sit, lay, speak, shake, hi-five. Hes good around people and kids. Hes good with other dogs, NO MALES though. Very loving loves to cuddle and sleep under covers :crybaby: I miss that the most.

Well any suggestions or help would be great :bowdown:
if I forgot anything crucial or you need to know more please get back to me via this thred or PM. This is kinda my last attempt to figure sometin out other wise I dont know what to do, and It would kill me to have to get rid of him permanetly. Thank you guys soooooooo much for your time :thumbsup:

Brandy
Newborn Bully

Postby Brandy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:52 am

I am so sorry you, and Kale are going through this!!!! I went through a similar situation many moons ago, so I know how you must be feeling.
If I were closer to you, and didn't have a male I would surely help you out. :frown: I ended up leaving my dogs in a basement of a building who's super I knew. I went everyday to feed them, take them out on walks, and such until we were able to find an apartment that allowed me to have my dogs.
A word of advice please be very careful on who you leave your dog with.

I hope bumping you up in the forum helps a little.

My prayers are with you, and Kale! :hug:

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:54 am

can you board him in a boarding facility ?

weaktoast
Newborn Bully

Postby weaktoast » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Hey thank you for the advice, so far hes only been with my dad so I trust him and Ive looked in to boarding but everything i found was more like boarding if your gonna be on vacation for a week or so I'm lookin for more like a month, plus they were kinda spendy......ummmmm I'm still trying to ask around people i know. Thank you though brandy i appreciate the prayers

Brandy
Newborn Bully

Postby Brandy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Your very welcome weaktoast! Hope things work out for you, and Kale real soon. Please keep us posted.

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 pm

Honestly,

The private clinic I used to work at had special pricing for long-term boarding. When calling around ask for semi-long term boarding, they might be more willing to work with you when they know how long they may have them. They also might want a down payment up front and a waiver saying if you do not pay or come back on a certain date they will contact animal control to come get the dog...

Hope that helps a bit!

Another thing, try contacting all your local rescue groups and shelters. Sometimes they will have contacts on people who will do long term pet sitting in thier home for people with problems!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”