Halo- update!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Halo- update!

Postby someday » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 am

I will be able to foster this sweet, needy boy, but could really use some help getting him to me!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9842037

Can anyone help?
This will probably be the route

Marion, AR - Little Rock,AR - 2 hours
Little Rock,Ar- Texarkana, TX 2.5 hours (I will drive this)

Of course the first leg can be broken down into smaller legs, but there are no big towns between the two. Route is VERY flexible.
Thanks!

Last edited by someday on Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:42 am

on a side note..he's listed as a mastiff mix. What do you think the he is? :))

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:51 am

lol You're going to "just foster" him? Yeah right! You know you'll fall madly in love with those forehead wrinkles!

Glad the husband gave in!!

I wish I could help with the transport! Good luck!

KEEP US UPDATED!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 pm

Sorry, I keep thinking of things. If this dog really is Mastiff-sized( I can't really tell in the picture), I don't think I have a crate big enough for him. Any ideas on where I can maybe score a used XL crate, or even borrow one?

Roxers
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Roxers » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Craigslist?

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:45 am

The shelter was good enough to get him to Little Rock for me...so no more need for transport!
:thumbsup:

Also, they estimate his weight at 65 pounds. Not seeming very mastiff-like. So, my large crate should probably do.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:34 am

Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am

That is one doggone handsome dog.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

Halo will be here tomorrow! We're still short on donations for his heartworm treatment. He's been sitting heartowrm positive for 4 months. I really don't want to put this off!

If you can spare even a tiny bit, it will help!

You can donate on his petfinder page or you can donate directly to the vet.

Here's the vet info:

Westridge Animal Hospital
3909 New Boston Road
Texarkana, TX 75501

Phone: 903-838-9572

We REALLY appriciate every penny!!

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 am

Halo is a giant spaz. I decided i'd better intro him to my dogs before his heartworm treatment, since I didn't want a lot of excitement afterwards. So last night we took a long walk with all three dogs. No sniffing or anything, just a walk. Hubby had our two. I had Halo. They had previously seen him in his crate and we're ok with him being in the house and he ignored them, so I was optimistic that intros would go well. We tried them one at a time with him after the walk outside.

intro went as well as I expected. Annie bullied him and he did not come back at her, but didn't submit completely either, so they are staying seperated, but that's just how Annie is. she's a b!tch. She'll warm up to him as he stays and she figures he isn't leaving for awhile.Bear, was his typical self and could care less, and Halo thinks Bear is really nice and pesters him all the time.

So I had Halo and Bear in the living room with us last night and Halo stared play bowing and trying to get Bear to play with him. I laughed so hard I fell off the couch. He was sooo funny. He play bows and then somehow slams his front legs down on the floor really hard making a really loud noise while still in a play bow. Then spins in circles and makes really fast jerky movements all over the place, with a HUGE bully grin on his face. Bear thought we brought in a lunatic, but was eventually conviced to play a bit they had a nice time.

I just brought them both in the computer room with me and we had a repeat, except Bear halfheartedly started playing, then Halo started humping him, which I corrected, and Bear decided he is NOT fun and is sitting with his back pressed up against my chair completely ignoring Halo. Someone is going to have a lot of fun with this dog, he is silly!

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks to all the donations, Halo is home from his heartworm treatment and is doing well! Now the boring part starts. He's doing well with his confinement so far. We'll see how easy he is once he starts feeling a little better.He charms everyone he meets. The vet staff thought he was a real cutie!
Now he just needs a home!

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:36 pm

That's great to hear! Yay for you!!! You are a doggie savior.

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm

:peace: God he is handsome... Could be Mastiff/Pit mix? Dunno... He is How about. A Handsome mix? lol

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Fri May 02, 2008 11:28 am

Halo update plllease!!!!!!

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm

After our horrible scare last weekend with him coughing up blood and emergency vet visits, Halo is doing very well. So well, in fact, I almost called the vet for a sedative, but we got him settle down. Lots of stuffed bones! :thumbsup:
This confinement is just killing him, he's a very athletic dog.

Our new 6 ft privacy fence was completed yesterday and I was walking him on leash around the perimeter for a potty break. I saw him eyeing the top as we walked, then he sprang off the ground straight up about half way up the fence to the end of his leash. Looks like once he's in the clear for activity, he's still going to have to be tethered. They did warn me he was a fence jumper though.

This coming week he will go in for his final oral medication and then two weeks later he can start walking short distances...yay!!!!! He'll be ready for adoption at that point. He's good with dogs and he met a kid for the first time the other day and was very good. Once he's up for more excitement, i'll do further evaluation, but so far looks like he's good with kids. He loves to cuddle and likes to very sweetly put his paw on you. The sores on his feet are almost gone now and he's getting shiny. He's a very pretty dog. I'll try to take some update pictures later. He's finally settled down, so I'm not bothering him till his next potty break.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”