Halo- update!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Sun May 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Ooo thank you for the update! Last I heard he was vomiting some blood and I was concerned. Glad he is doing so good! :thumbsup:

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Mon May 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Here's a few new pics of Halo!

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:02 pm

He's adorable! :inlove:

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Just wanted to update that he's home from his last vet visit and is cleared for light activity!

He's soooooooo happy!!

I also want to thank Stacy for your donation!! Thanks!! It really helped!! :headbang:

Amy Hendrickson
Super Bully

Postby Amy Hendrickson » Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Mixed with Lab you think? Or Pei with that wrinkly face? He's handsome

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Tue May 13, 2008 8:52 pm

He looks great, I just love his big orange crinkly face. And you are more than welcome.. I know it wasnt very much..but I figured if enough people sent just a tiny amount it may add up for him.

I just love this guy for some reason! He is so , well funny and handsome looking all at once!

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Tue May 13, 2008 10:02 pm

thanks, as you know, every bit helps. it made the vet's receptionist's day. i was picking him up from his last visit and was paying for his heartworm meds and she said 'you got a donation! and it pretty much covered his meds!" she said "i got it and saw it was from far away like Minnesota or Michigan or something and then saw Halo's name as was like Yay! that's Katie's dog!!!" (the staff is a bit smitten with him as well). We really don't have much rescue around here and they were amazed a stranger from elsewhere would help out. i just told her that the pit bull rescue community is pretty awesome, and Halo is a very special boy.

so thanks!

I don't know what his mix is. We keep debating it. He's very leggy and lanky. I almost wonder if there's some sort of sighthound in there, he moves like one.

the pack dynamic has changed at our house, now that Halo feels better. Bear no longer wants to play with him because he's too hyper and crazy most of the time, although he did get the zoomies in the backyard with him yesterday, which is more than bear usually moves unprompted. Annie has decided he's passed her test (which only annie knows what it is), and can be her friend and play with her. He is certainly pit bull tough. She growls and bullies and he simply backs away till she's done and comes right back at her with a play bow and she simply cannot resist his cute wrinkly face, she doesn't play with anyone like she pays with Halo.(probably because no other dog will put up with her snotty attitude).

i'm also really happy to report (knock on wood), that he's completely housetrained now. he knows how to sit and is walking fairly well on leash. Not bad for a dog that was stuck in a shelter for 6 months. Still trying hard to break the jumping, but he forgets often in his excitement. he's turning into a real velcro dog. i think he might be up for visitors next week, so we'll try to socialize him a little and make him not such a momma's boy. i stopped leashing him in the house for potty training because he wouldn't leave anyways. i have a permanant shadow.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Wed May 21, 2008 5:06 pm

just bumping up my boy. he's ready for a forever home.

i'm waiting for his rescue to take him. i was only supposed to have him through his treatment. however, no one seems to be stepping to the plate to take him very quickly. of course, having Halo is not much trouble...he's just a sweetheart! I just learned from the shelter(whom i've been working with on him), that his rescue is Lucky Pup Rescue in Maine. Anyone heard of it?

I mean, how can someone resist this mug?

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 am

Good news for Halo! I talked to his potential foster mom for the rescue that's taking him yesterday. and she thinks he'll be a good fit for her. So now we wait on a homecheck for her and Halo is off to Maine to find his forever home!
I'm going to miss the little bugger and so is Annie(Bear is glad he's leaving), but he'll have 2 new dogs in his foster home to make friends with and will be that much closer to having a family of his own!

PreciousPit
Newborn Bully

Postby PreciousPit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:06 pm

awww he's so cute, honestly I think he has some shepard in him?...
the leggieness, his ears, and his fur looks shep-like, looks like he might have some neck feathers too :) well just a sugestion. so are you thinking to adopt him?

PreciousPit
Newborn Bully

Postby PreciousPit » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:08 pm

and maybe sharpei (SP?) hmmmmm...... thats funny how they had him as a mastif

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:39 pm

Something about this boy....he's a very special dog I think.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:37 pm

He is a very special dog..

just had to put this picture on his thread, because if it doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what will.

someday
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby someday » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 pm

I thought it would be nice to send some of Halo's good points to his rescue, even though they will know them immediately. So here's what I wrote for him.

Things to love about Halo

1. He smiles...constantly.
2. He is always underfoot..even when you need some space.
3. When he lays down, he collapses in a heap as gracelessly as possible.
4. He runs into things a lot...and doesn't stop smiling.
5. He can't catch things you throw at him, he lets them fall to the ground or hit him before investigating.
6. Whatever you have, he wants...he is not picky about toys...or food!
7. He can jump a 6 ft fence, but won't go over an agility jump unless you jump with him.
8. His EARS!
9. His WRINKLES!
10. His undying trust in humans. Even after wandering the streets, being stuck in a shelter six months, and shipped across state lines..he still only wants to be as close to you as he can get, preferably with his head in your lap.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:05 am

Send. Him. Here. NOW. lol

That's an awesome list! :bowdown: for rescuing him!!!!

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”