Contacts in Ireland/UK

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Contacts in Ireland/UK

Postby fletch » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:58 am

Hi Guys
I'm from the other side of the pond and have recently had my attention drawn to the plight of APBT's and SBT's in the irish dog pounds. As I'm sure that all of you who work in rescue know, there is a horrendous problem worldwide with unwanted and stray dogs. The problem in mainland UK is pretty horrible, especially at this time of year, and our breed resues are swimming against the tide. However, the problem in Ireland seems to be especially severe and the publics perception of bull breeds in general is very bad. There is, to my knowledge, only one bull breed rescue in the country. General rescue won't touch APBT's or SBT's with a bargepole, as they cannot get kennels to accept them, foster homes to assess them and permanent homes to love and cuddle them. The majority of people interested in rehoming these breeds have ulterior motives. :sad:
I know it's a long shot, but with so many people on this board, I was wondering if anyone had any contacts of breeders or individuals who could offer support to these dogs over in Ireland or the UK. I am trying to help a lady in Ireland who is hoping to rehome some of these dogs in the UK but, of course, due to BSL, we can't help the APBT's. Any advice, help or contacts most gratefully received.
Thanks
Claire
fletch

Postby aaron kahn » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:41 am

I have no contacts that could be useful to you, I just wanted to say- thanks for caring.

welcome!
aaron kahn
Bully Ambassador

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs