Sweet Penny

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Sweet Penny

Postby merriterrier » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Penny is a stellar approx 1yr Pit Bull. Penny passed her Temperament Test like a champ. Penny is very affectionate. She is good with other dogs, large, small, puppies. Penny is very nice with kitties. Penny is good with kids and enjoys their presence but is not especially playful with children, rather she is calm, sitting sweetly for hugs and petting.

Penny visits the Veterans home and is the hands down favorite of all the residents and the employees. She is sweet and polite and very aware that the old people are fragile and cannot be bumped or jumped on. Her favorite resident is Alice a tiny blind woman. When Penny is with Alice she sits politely at her side and puts her head in Alice's lap. Alice loves to pet Penny's head and fondle her bizarre crop job (rounded at the top), and Penny revels in the affection. When Alice needs to get up Penny heels perfectly beside her and lets Alice hold her collar for support. All of the residents want to pet Penny and sometimes she is surrounded by a small mob with walkers and wheel chairs excitedly petting her and giving her treats.

Penny's previous owners worked on obedience training with her and she walks well on a leash and knows basic commands. Penny is housebroken. She was in beautiful condition when she was brought in, but has since gained some weight at the shelter. She does require regular exercise as she is energetic and active, Penny would make an excellent hiking or biking partner.

If you or someone you know is interested in Penny feel free to PM me or email: merriterrier@animail.net or call: 303-748-3338 0r 719-754-3149
I am happy to answer any questions about this great girl.

(edited to clarify that she has been tested with cats and did very well. Also to clarify that she is kind and friendly with all dogs)
Last edited by merriterrier on Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:28 pm

bump for Penny! I hope she's hanging in there. I pm'd you merrieterrier.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:02 pm

Poor Penny. I was taking a break at the shelter today with Penny and a couple of puppies. Penny is very gentle with them and kinda keeps them close to me. I had to turn around when I hear this pitiful whining sound, I turned back around and Penny had a puppy dangling from her lips on either side of her mouth. The little buggers were growling and trying to shake her lips and she was standing there like "Help, detach these things from my lips!" lol

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Comon people, Penny is such an awesome dog and only one response??

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:11 am

No takers??? I can vouch, for the quality of her dogs...lol...Look, at Toesy Mosey Rosey, don't ask, the kids have this thing with rhyming...I will gladly chip in for transport!!!!

ilikelily
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ilikelily » Thu May 01, 2008 9:38 am

She sounds all around perfect, and cute to boot!
I love her little white toes. :inlove:

I am seeing a trend with the dogs you post... Merriterrier's tagline: "must have cute toes" lol

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu May 01, 2008 3:15 pm

roflmao , Merriterri has foot fetish when it comes to pitbulls apparently..lol.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri May 09, 2008 10:58 am

roflmao
I didn't even think about Penny's feet! But you must be right! Even Belle has cute little white toes! lol

Here are a couple of new pics. Penny is a bit weirded out by the camera, but we are working on that.

I smell hot dogs! Mmmm, we need hot dogs!

Oh, Morgan love me more! This is Penny's favorite position, the best way to absorb all the love.

Penny is a very wonderful dog, she would be a great Pit Bull for a new (but knowledgeable and willing) bully owner or she would be a joy for a experienced home who would like to give her a job to do. She is a couch potato, but would love to be a walking or jogging buddy; when she gets off the couch she can really go. Penny would like to follow someone around all day and help with the chores or kick back and let you do all the work.

dogs4jen
Forum Junky

Postby dogs4jen » Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 pm

I love the blur of tails in that first picture! Good luck Penny.
Jen

bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby bonezmama » Fri May 09, 2008 12:42 pm

if only i weren't so dang far away..................... what all is needed for this girl? pm'ing now!

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:36 pm

bonezmama wrote:if only i weren't so dang far away..................... what all is needed for this girl? pm'ing now!

:)) ..I said I would help chip in for transport...hint, hint...

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Penny is still looking... hint, hint...

HAPBTR
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby HAPBTR » Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm

:inlove: She is a beauty! Good luck girl!!!

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:07 am

merriterrier wrote:Penny is still looking... hint, hint...

:crybaby: dang it...if only I had the space...come on, someone has to fall in love with this wonderful gal, aside of me...but, then again, I am a sucker for any dog you have up for adoption...tell you what, I will trade my husband's giant Norwegian cat for Penny...lol..or you can have Toes, the coffee drinking Pitty back, no just kidding, my kids would have no parts of that...and yes, Robin, Toes drinks coffee, I caught him this morning, take some sips out of my mug, that I sat on the porch stairs...lol.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu May 22, 2008 9:12 am

ProudMommy77 wrote:...and yes, Robin, Toes drinks coffee, I caught him this morning, take some sips out of my mug, that I sat on the porch stairs...lol.

roflmao Coffee is a delicacy! Don't you know that?? At any rate, I can't blame him, I drink like 4 cups of coffee every morning before I am presentable.

He didn't leave any questionable organic matter in it did he?

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”