Need to rehome our pitty fgirl :(:(

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
MissMosaic
Newborn Bully

Need to rehome our pitty fgirl :(:(

Postby MissMosaic » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:10 pm

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=68810&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
*Click URL to view Previous post about Daisy*

We sadly have to rehome our little baby girl.
she is 3 years old, spayed, knows basic commands, loves to lseep under the covers at night. She doesn't mind other dogs (she loves to play and snuggle with my lab and husky) She also gets along great with small dogs (loves to play with my moms Shih tzu).

She needs a home without Children, she is very fearfull of them. She is affraid of most people when she first meets them, but she will warm up eventualy, with alot of patients, and treats..

We have run out of options, and now that our son is going to be crawling any day, we need to find her a loving, knowledgeable home, FAST.

I have tried vigerious attempts at socializing her with children, but she is still very fearfull of them. she is ok with adults and teens, after she gets to know them..

Please let me know if anyone is interested, or know of anyone who might be..

Kilo75
Newborn Bully

Postby Kilo75 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Good luck...hope everything works out...Bump.

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:58 pm

owner surrenders are not allowed here..
and why in the world would you rehome a fearful dog??? the best thing for her is to have her euthanized at your vets office..

She needs a home without Children, she is very fearfull of them. She is affraid of most people when she first meets them, but she will warm up eventualy, with alot of patients, and treats..

bonezmama
Adolescent Bully

Postby bonezmama » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:17 pm

ditto to what maryellen said.
it is extremely insensitive on your part to even think about asking someone else. you said in your other thread that it was the bf who had a problem with euthanizing this girl, but you're here asking to rehome. The best thing you can do for her is have her humanely PTS. She's lived her entire life in fear, with no sign of hope. Do yourselves a favor- give her a nice big juicy steak, love on her, and deliver her to the rainbow bridge before things get worse for her.

ProudMommy77
Forum Junky

Postby ProudMommy77 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:20 pm

bonezmama wrote:ditto to what maryellen said.
it is extremely insensitive on your part to even think about asking someone else. you said in your other thread that it was the bf who had a problem with euthanizing this girl, but you're here asking to rehome. The best thing you can do for her is have her humanely PTS. She's lived her entire life in fear, with no sign of hope. Do yourselves a favor- give her a nice big juicy steak, love on her, and deliver her to the rainbow bridge before things get worse for her.

x2. Please don't think that people are being insensitive about your situation, but they are giving you solid advice. Her time has come, and just understand that you gave her the best you could.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:46 pm

Please have her PTS. It is very hard to find good homes for the most stable friendly Pit Bulls and it is very rare to find a rescue, shelter, or person who would want to take on the extreme responsibility of initiating the intense work of attempting to counter condition her. Not to mention the liability her temperament is placing on the breed and you when you rehome her.

I wish you luck, I know this can be a very difficult thing to deal with.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 pm

In the past Daisy has in fact lunged at a very small child, she ran towards him aggressivly barking.. If it wern't for me standing right there and grabbing her, I dont know what she would have done!!.. I am very concerned for her.

You do not need to be rehoming a dog like this. AT ALL.
How would you feel if she bit a child in her new home, because they were not as careful as you??

She's a walking time bomb, she'll bite someone and it'll be headlines that say "She just TURNED and attacked..."
:(

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby rgyoung777 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Sorry, MissMosaic, but the rescue section is not for this type of thing. The rescue section is for dogs that are in rescues or shelters, not for dogs that already have homes.

I am very sorry, but I am going to lock this topic.

Please do stick around, though, and participate in your thread in the training/behavior section. You're getting some truly excellent and heartfelt advice there.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”