A follow up to a plea for PA help!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
RescueLover
Newborn Bully

A follow up to a plea for PA help!

Postby RescueLover » Thu May 01, 2008 10:20 pm

Here are the facts.

I've volunteered via fostering, transport, exercising kenneled dogs, checking applications, and doing homevisits for the past 4 years. After organization after organization of individuals who would not take friendly EXPERIENCED advice, I broke off on my own with the promise of help from "volunteers".

What have I got for "volunteers"? One person who transported one dog and dropped off the face of planet. One who came and played with the fosters a month ago with a promise of walking them twice a week. She too, dropped off the face of the planet. Someone who offered to organize a car wash who must have moved to Venus as well. I've got ONE person. Someone who's not been to a single meeting who met me through karladaune on this forum. She is an ear to yap to and she checks my applications faithfully.

In my home I have: a disabled husband, 4 children aged 8,7,3 and 19 months. 8 resident dogs (2 of which are "problematic"), a long-term foster of 8 months simply because he has tons of energy and the right home hasn't come along, a 7 year old rottie who was dropped off and who's potential adopter had a stroke, a sweet 1 year old collie mix who's homevisit didn't pan out, a gorgeous pointer that one of MY dogs can't stand creating major rotation issues, 2 9 week old german shepherd/chow puppies (the other 3 were adopted quickly), and a compassion case of a mastiff/pit who is unadoptable but happy and healthy. Oh - and I work full time.

What do I need? ANY FRIGGIN THING!!! I need exposure - someone to conduct meet & greets and hang flyers. Someone to set out donation jars. Someone to organize fundraisers. Someone to help transport and do homevisits. Someone to take on the project of education and awareness of spay/neuter and dog safety. Someone to help organize monthly meetings. And, of course, reliable foster homes!!!

Look - I'm not asking someone to work full time for a rescue for free. I'm asking for any time and any service you can offer for the dogs. I can do all of the above half-assed, but could do it FULLY and WELL with assistance. You don't have to live next door to help.

I'm new. I'm incorporated in the State of PA. 501 is the next step. And I NEED a board of directors. All ideas are welcomed and this is a great opportunity to help with a clean slate. I'm open-minded and seasoned and I KNOW I don't know everything.

Please consider.

Contact me at shannon@straysave.com or 570-759-9689 (after 6 on weekdays). The website is www.straysave.com.

I'm in REAL need of foster or adoption of Brady and Mia. More info available upon request.

Brady ( 2 years old)

MiaBella (6-7 years old)

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon May 05, 2008 9:48 am

Where in PA are you located exactly?

I'm also in PA and would love to help out your rescue.

SadiesHuman
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby SadiesHuman » Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 am

Sry for DP. Just went to the website and saw you're from Berwick. I'm within the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.

I'm going to talk to my family tonight about fostering and helping your rescue.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”