Jake for adoption in New Jersey

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Jake for adoption in New Jersey

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:08 am

Meet Jake, Jake is neutered, up to date on his vaccines, and is currently living with a dog trainer i know and respect. Jakes Story: Jake was owned by a couple with young children and who was attending obedience classes with my dog trainer.
From my trainer: Whoever takes him gets free group classes with me for life! And a substantial discount on private lessons. I’d say 4 private lessons free and then we’d have to see what else they need from there. Stacey is the one training him at her home though so maybe she should be the one to offer the private training. I’d have to check with her to see if she’s willing to do some freebees with him.
Jakes previous owners beat the hell out of him and kicked him when he was “bad”. The small kid told me that “we have to kick Tuxedo (his previous name) when he’s bad”. There was constant screaming and yelling at their home. I had to call there a couple of times and all I could hear in the background was the kids yelling, the mother yelling, etc. It was a horrible home. I’m hoping they don’t ever get another dog. I’m afraid they’ll probably get another one for Christmas.
Anyway, that’s what I can tell you about Jake. I’ll have Stacey write up a bio for him.
With a very dysfunctional family for owners, jake was not given the love he needed- the family DUMPED him on the trainer and never looked back. Their excuse? they couldnt handle him. They didnt work with him on his training exercises either. He is good with children, however due to his energetic nature older children might be better so that he doesnt knock into them by accident. He is a Pit bull Mix, but no clue what the mix is. He is currently living with a bunch of whippets, lurchers, and 10 dachhunds. He has not met the dachhunds yet, as they are not dog friendly.

Jake is around 10 months old.

If anyone is interested please contact me. Jake can be adopted out of state if the RIGHT home comes along.
[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/princess21/jakeforadoption/small/Jake%201.jpg

Last edited by Maryellen on Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maryellen

Postby who00knows » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:30 am

hes cute! I hope he finds a good home!
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby Boo439 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:48 am

He's a cutie!
Boo439

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:57 am

i hope so too. however, he looks more border collie lab to me, does anyone see pit in him?? i have not met him yet either, i am trying to get together with my dog trainer to see him.
Maryellen

Postby blover27 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:00 am

he's awful cute ME but doesnt look very pittie to me :dunno:
blover27

Postby Maryellen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:02 am

i know. he looks border collie lab to me too. i am trying to get to see him. (its only 2 towns over where he is too) me and my dog trainer have conflicting schedules right now:(
Maryellen

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs