Check out Angel, my new Staffy Bull foster

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Check out Angel, my new Staffy Bull foster

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon May 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Angel is a young woman who needs a quiet home willing to work her back into polite society. She's timid, starts at the slightest noise and cowers for attention right now. :frown:

She spent the last year in a foster home down in the Lynchburg area with a rescue who was soo apathetic about her she never made their petfinder page and the foster was moving back in with her boyfriend who had said Angel wasn't welcome. So, they were gonna put her down.

I'm fostering for now, but we are not a quiet house and with a 13yr old female Pit mix who is not going to tolerate Angel, we are looking for a foster home or even a forever home.

She is a 'couch potato' or so says the foster home once she warms up, and prefers to just lay around, so she's a calm dog it would seem. I'll let you know if I see any of that.

She can also be somewhat jealous once she's attached herself to you. I took Angus with me yesterday and we walked up and down main street of the little town we met in for 30 minutes. Angus greeted her very politely I must say and they walked well together. Angus and her were in the living room for a good bit of last night, but once she settled in my lap and Angus got down off the couch to join us, she growled at him and he walked away looking dejected. LOL

So, we are going to take it slow introducing her to Atlas (my English Mastiff) but he should like her well enough not to bother her. Kacie won't be introduced at all. :sad:

So, if you happen to know anyone interested in a little Staffy Bull, she's about 14 or 15 inches tall, maybe taller, she cowered down when I went to measure her and she might weigh all ove 30 or so pounds. She has a very sever underbite which causes her muzzle to look odd. But she's all black with a white chin, neck and chest. and a few toes tipped in white.

Bustersmama
Addicted to PBF

Postby Bustersmama » Mon May 12, 2008 1:16 pm

This dog does not sound ready (if ever) to be adopted out. Sounds like she will needs lots of work with her confidence.

I hope wherever she goes, a rescue or knowledable bully owner is close to help ensure she is stable enough for a permanent adoption.

Good luck.

lluksa
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby lluksa » Mon May 12, 2008 4:30 pm

She also does not look to be a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon May 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Bustersmama wrote:This dog does not sound ready (if ever) to be adopted out. Sounds like she will needs lots of work with her confidence.

I hope wherever she goes, a rescue or knowledable bully owner is close to help ensure she is stable enough for a permanent adoption.

Good luck.

While a knowledgeable forever home is ideal, Angel is NOT ready for that yet. My apologies for not making that clearer in my original post. I am searching for a knowledgeable patient and quiet Foster home, preferrably.

We are working to get her properly evaluated to see if she's ruined or what, but my fingers are crossed that we are able to offer her the life she so richly deserved and didn't get down in Lynchburg.

If you know someone who would willing take on this girl and offer her the help she needs, that is what we want for her. My home is NO place for her, but she'll stay here till we can make an informed decision.

While it was raining lightly, we had a pleasant walk with Angus and Joe(my so) and she and Joe had a blast. Angus and Angel walk well together, but they can't be in the same room, as Angus wants desperately to play and Angel simply wants to be left alone. :frown:

So, any ideas, suggestions, offers of help would be greatly appreciated.

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Mon May 12, 2008 4:41 pm

lluksa wrote:She also does not look to be a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

In person, she looks more like a Staffy Bull than any other Bull breed I've seen.

In fact, she looks a lot like Aja Harris' (Mutt Magic) little girl Star. The only difference is, Angel is a little heavy and her face appears to be disfigured. And I don't know if that is from the bad teeth and sever underbit or not.

But thank you for looking, we have a lot of work ahead of us.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue May 13, 2008 2:58 pm

Awwww.....she looks like a sweetheart. I'd love to take her off of your hands, but for some reason I don't think she would appreciate the boy's rough-housing too much lol . Good Luck!!!!!

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Wed May 14, 2008 8:47 am

The Teflon Don wrote:Awwww.....she looks like a sweetheart. I'd love to take her off of your hands, but for some reason I don't think she would appreciate the boy's rough-housing too much lol . Good Luck!!!!!

roflmao Like you need another dog Tef! lol

It's only be since Sunday and last night she actually got excited and bounced a little when I offered her a treat.

We are using NILIF and while she's still not eating (that changed this morning), she is working for her treats.

She sits on the other side of the babygate in my living room and watches while I feed my guys. They are food focused, so they pay her no mind and she's very quiet.

She had food left in her dish, so I pretended to add to it and she began eating, she ate enough to satisfy me and make me feel better.

So, things are looking good. Oh, and she LOVES to go for walks! I so wish I had a video camera last night on our walk. Her little legs are adorable!!! :thumbsup: :inlove:

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Wed May 14, 2008 9:02 am

Well it definitely sounds like things are going well! Yeah- no new dogs for me for a while, not in this house. Hopefully I will be buying a house in the next few years, and when I do so, I will definitely have dogs in mind! I can see it now: House down by the river, several acres, and many dogs. A man can dream, right? lol

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Wed May 14, 2008 9:28 am

She's adorable.

IMO she looks pit bull/lab mix though

not SBT at all.

good luck to the girly.

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

Postby Pit_friendly » Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 pm

pittymomma wrote:She's adorable.

IMO she looks pit bull/lab mix though

not SBT at all.

good luck to the girly.

Thanks, but there is NO Lab in this tiny little gal! lol Nothing in her entire body tells me Lab, especially her legs, they might be all of 7 to 8 inches long. lol

I'll see about getting a decent profile picture of her tonight standing next to something, so you can better gage her stature.

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm

She may just be a short APBT like my Lexi who is the same height

Here is a pic of Lexi

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 am

Thanks, but there is NO Lab in this tiny little gal! Nothing in her entire body tells me Lab, especially her legs, they might be all of 7 to 8 inches long.

I have a pooch thats a lab/pit mix and he weighs in at a whopping 38 lbs and is itty bitty smaller than my 6 month old pups.

I wasn't talking about her body, I meant her coat she looks like she has a different coat not one of a SBT or single bred ABPT

but I dont get to see the pooch in person so the pictures can be deceiving.

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu May 15, 2008 9:28 am

Good Luck!

Pit_friendly
Matured Bully

***UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE****

Postby Pit_friendly » Fri May 23, 2008 9:04 am

Angel is coming along nicely, although she still cowers when I go to love on her. :frown: Or we walk near the car or I step on a twig in the yard.

She's jumping around and acting a fool from time to time and has even settled in to sharing the couch with Angus. Who by the way, ate 2 blankets in one day last week!!! :po: The only thing we could figure out is he was jealous she was on his couch. lol

She's met my big boy Atlas and seemed to do well with him, we were even able to have Atlas in the living room for a while with us the other day. But that is a slow go and will continue to be so, he doesn't pay her much attention, but when he does, he'll let out a low growl at her. :\

As for my senior female, Kacie, I doubt those two will ever be able to share the house reasonably. Kacie used to tolerate my rescues, but she's 13 now and is in no mood. Although Angel doesn't growl or show aggression towards Kacie, I'm sure Angel would protect herself if Kacie came after her. So, those 2 will remain seperated for a long while.

I hope to have a few pictures to post here soon, my home computer finally took a crap and I may have lost everything I had on it. :yucky:

Emi
Forum Junky

Postby Emi » Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm

She's gonna need alot of love, patients, and some one who has the time to work with her.

I know from experience, it's long hard work, but in the long run, if some one has the time for her. She'll be a good dog.

Good luck to her.

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”