AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Postby mnp13 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:31 pm

:po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po: :po:

Ok, this is not about a Pit Bull, but I HAVE to vent about this!!!!!

I work with a small rescue in a nearby city (I know of no local rescues that are Pit friendly, so will not work with any locally.) Anyway, I got an email two weeks ago about a dog that needed to be relisted because the adopter had a baby.

They adopted the dog TWO YEARS AGO, and had a little girl 10 months ago. The dog has been jealous and getting worse about it, and instead of working with the dog they want to dump him. They have spoke to no one in the rescue about the problems - which started when the baby came home and have been getting worse for TEN MONTHS.

So, today I get another email - pull the dog from the site. They had him put down.

Here's the kicker - the husband was apparently abusing the dog, and the dog ended up biting the wife.

Yup, kill the dog, it must be HIS fault....

Damn it....
mnp13

Postby ammitnme » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:34 pm

Oh people piss me off! :po:
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby who00knows » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:59 pm

They should put the owner down.
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby nan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:09 pm

When I was working as a vet assistant, we had a couple come in with a lovely, perfectly normal, overly enthusiastic two year old yellow lab....that they wanted us to PTS. They'd just had a baby, and they felt the dog was too active and jumpy to be safe around their kid, so they just wanted us to put it down. Wouldn't let us recommend someone to help, wouldn't let us place it in a rescue. A perfectly normal, lovely example of its breed (if you happen to like labs). No aggression, no biting, no guarding, just normal, active, goofy and excitable lab-ness, and they just wanted it euthanized. And the worst part was that the vet I was working for agreed to do it. Needless to say, that job didn't last very long...

I just don't understand what is going on in the heads of some people when they do things like this... :sad:
nan
Matured Bully

Postby aceofspades » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:13 pm

Hmmm, sounds oh too familiar......

I will leave it at that.....
aceofspades

Re: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Postby aceofspades » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:13 am

mnp13 wrote:They adopted the dog TWO YEARS AGO, and had a little girl 10 months ago. The dog has been jealous and getting worse about it, and instead of working with the dog they want to dump him. They have spoke to no one in the rescue about the problems - which started when the baby came home and have been getting worse for TEN MONTHS.

So, today I get another email - pull the dog from the site. They had him put down.

Here's the kicker - the husband was apparently abusing the dog, and the dog ended up biting the wife.

Yup, kill the dog, it must be HIS fault....

Damn it....

and it was this post that i was commenting on above (no EDIT button anymore)
aceofspades

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs