URGENT IN VA

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Postby K » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:44 am

I neeeeeeed an update...those 'several' mails are all from us lot I bet you all about the same thing....*taps foot impatiently*
K

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:59 am

here is what i got from them on Minnie:

Hello,
Are you with a Rescue Group? If so I would need for you to fax the appropriate
paperwork to me and if not, I need to have a number that I can contact you on to
discuss Minnie with you. Thank you so much for your interest in her. She's an angel!
I'd love to get her a safe home for Christmas! Please email me again so I can contact
you. It's late Sunday night and I will be at work tomorrow morning at 8am.
Kathleen Gonda
ACO Assistant
Powhatan Sheriff's Office
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:30 am

relax, let violet get in touch with this woman. take deep breaths. breath, relax., breath relax
Maryellen

Postby Boo439 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:57 am

Oh, I hope she reconsiders. How hard is it to understand that YOU will be fostering her not the shelter? Hellooooo? Good luck, Chea.
Boo439

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:01 am

unfortunately chea, when you mentioned the humane society shelter that you work for that brought up a red flag. no one will adopt out a dog that is going to a humane shelter, as they do euthanize. this woman wants to make sure that minnie does not get euthanized, so thats why she told you you would have to adopt her directly or go thru a rescue, as rescues dont euthanize over space . while i know your shelter wouldnt euth her, the woman can not take the chance.

if a rescue gets her and puts her in your home as a foster thats another story. or, ifyou out and out adopt her yourself under your personal name, then she will let you have her.

try to understand her point - she is trying to have minnie get the best chance possible.
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:04 am

you mentioned the shelter you work for, she is scared. you would have to adopt her yourself to get her. see what violet has to say
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:10 am

there is no way to get around it, you mentioned it to her and this is how she feels. now, if a rescue came forward and took minnie and then gave her to you to foster, you would be under the rescues guidelines for adopting her out in other words the rescue has the final say as to who she goes to , etc. you would be just a foster home/volunteer for minnie thru the rescue involved. if you adopt minnie outright, you are her owner, and then you have the say in what happens to her. if you adopt her out,you will be held responsible if she has to come back due to not working out w/the new family or if the family abuses her. understand?
Maryellen

Postby Maryellen » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:20 am

1. take a valium. just kidding.

lets see what violet can do, and see what happens. have you contacted violet to see what she has found out??

deep breaths., relax, deep breaths, relax.
Maryellen

Postby violet » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:34 pm

Ok..I am just geting up to speed..hang on and let me see what I can do. Wanna be a foster for EARS out of Washington state? lol.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:44 pm

Ok..im talking to Jenn with pit Row. We will see what we can do. Chea..is there a local private rescue that might vouch for you?
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby violet » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:49 pm

np...still working on it.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby BabyReba » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:09 pm

I just got an email from Adopt a Homeless Animal here in Baltimore. I told that what's going on with this dog, and they said they'd help out too, if they are needed for anything. They can't take her in but they might be able to help pull her . . . let me know if you want me to contact them again for you guys.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby violet » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:17 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!put them in touch with Chea.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby BabyReba » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:17 pm

OK, Chea, I need your email addy.

I just heard that some rescue called LaMancha something or other is now also stepping in to help . . . but at the very least, let me know what contact info to give to AAHA.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby BabyReba » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:22 pm

Just sent you AAHA's email to me. And I emailed them about you. Now I just hope you can all connect in time to get something working for this girl! Good luck!
BabyReba
Regulator

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs