Help, We need out...

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
ladyluna
Matured Bully

Help, We need out...

Postby ladyluna » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 pm

The Story of Momma Mona, Tonka and Tigi

About 6 weeks ago a rural Animal Control agency responded to a call. That’s when they stumbled upon a pretty little white gal and her two adorable babies. Realizing Momma was only a baby (1 ½ years) herself, they were all taken into custody. Now mom and her darling two week old puppies found themselves living in a country pound. Amongst the barking of the shelter, the kind workers found a sweet, gentleness in this mom and called the wonderful people at Bullies in Need. They agreed to accept this trio into the program, their journey begun. After three weeks in the country pound the cages became filled and the space was needed. Momma and the babes found themselves with a deadline. Bullies in Need scrambled to find a placement. As they looked into the future, it looked bleak. Some friendly people in Toronto decided they couldn’t sit by and watch a good dog die, and lit up the vacancy sign. Momma and babes made the trip to the concrete jungle to a pit bull friendly shelter. They walked in the doors of the Doggy Hilton and their lives changed forever. The City shelter was clean. The grub was top notch. Most of all the staff was super friendly and very involved in the development of this trio. This is where Mona, Tonka and Tigi were reborn. Three weeks passed and the day came for them to leave the shelter to their foster homes. The funny thing was Mona didn’t want to leave she was content living with the Toronto folks. The kind animal control officer assured her this was no life her and there was better things ahead.

Mona is approximately 1 ½ years old with a very puppy like attitude. She needs to be taught from scratch. She is very affectionate and loves to cuddle and hug and give kisses. She is a people dog loving everyone she meets including children. She is very good with other dogs big or small. Mona is also very good with cats and rabbits. She loves to go for walks and is very playful. Her easy going nature would make her a great dog for maybe a first time owner, just no pushovers please.

Tonka is extremely outgoing, He is the little white male. He is spunky, he is fast and he is trouble. He like to grab thing and run away. He is the first to engage in play. He is a handful and will need a consistent and experienced owner. He is always wagging his tail, always happy to see people. Just watch those razor blades.

Tigi (stands for tank girl) this well built female is very easy going and laid back. She likes to play with toys. She is much calmer then her brother, She tends to stand back and watch the situation before she engages in. She has proven over the last few weeks to people a real people person dog.
Last edited by ladyluna on Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:15 pm

Image[/img]

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Ellena
Bully Ambassador

Postby Ellena » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:31 pm

what sweet babies!!!! :inlove:

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Yes they are cute have wonderful personalities especially Mona....She is a true ambassador for the breed. The pups are been foster with two other dogs, cats, a bird and chldren. So they shouldd be well rounded by the time they are done

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:53 am

Mona sounds like quite the exceptional bully..would love to see her leave the province and become perhaps a therapy dog??? wouldn't that be awesome. Lets hope something can be found for her, esp since she is still in the shelter?
Oh yes, the pups are adorable as well..i hear the foster mom is having tons of fun with them lol

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm

I thought Mona was in foster care?

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 pm

Thats why i put the ? mark, i wasn't sure but if she is then great for her! :))

Dizzy
Adolescent Bully

Postby Dizzy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:28 pm

Would you be willing to adopt to us way down here? My hubby and I are looking for a puppy, but no one local has really caught our eyes. BIN sure does have a lot of really pretty pups-I don't want to start looking really close at them though unless there's a chance we could be approved. :thumbsup:

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Dizzy wrote:Would you be willing to adopt to us way down here? My hubby and I are looking for a puppy, but no one local has really caught our eyes. BIN sure does have a lot of really pretty pups-I don't want to start looking really close at them though unless there's a chance we could be approved. :thumbsup:

Most of the BIN pups need to be adopted to homes out of Ontario. They have shipped dogs to approved homes.
You can find an application on their site @ www.bulliesinneed.ca or try to PM pittymomma here for an app.

:thumbsup: Good luck!!

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:24 pm

You know what Spurby, I would never have thought about that but your 100% right she would make a great theapy dog and she is so well rounded.

Mona is in foster care, about time 6 weeks in a shelter is to much. Plus I dont know what happen prior to the shelter. I do know she had a bruised trachea as a result of choke chain....

Oh yes, the pups are adorable as well..i hear the foster mom is having tons of fun with them

Is that what you call it LMAO.

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:27 pm

pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby pittymomma » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:35 am

Thanks for posting Luna!

Mona is AWESOME, she is doing double duty right now, we took in 3 pups that were orphaned at 3 days old and Mona still had some milk in her so she is currently nursing mixed breed puppies (killer pit bull ensures mixed breed puppies survival- why isn't that headline printed??)

here is pretty Mona in fostercare at puppypalaces (shes on pbf)

here are the pups Mona is currently helping too.

and yes we do out of province adoptions :thumbsup:

Dizzy
Adolescent Bully

Postby Dizzy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 am

Awesome! I knew you did out of province adoptions, but I wasn't sure if we should even bother applying since we're also out of country. I sent an email to the address listed on the website since I couldn't actually find the application on the website? Thanks again!

ladyluna
Matured Bully

Postby ladyluna » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:38 pm

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”