Greta has been adopted!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???
tarnation
Newborn Bully

Greta has been adopted!

Postby tarnation » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Greta the Great is a rescue from New York's AC--we are fostering her through Stray from the Heart. AC seized her from a heroin addict living on the street. As a result of her street time, she has great street smarts and and is unfazed by just about everything.

She has a perfect pitbull temperament--very confident, easygoing, and slutty--she loves all people & children and will immediately roll over to get her belly rubbed. Definitely NOT a guard dog. She is extremely affectionate and smiley, and everyone she meets falls in love with her. She is the ideal house dog, and generally has no inclination to jump up on people or on furniture. She is easily corrected, and is very responsive to tone of voice. Her training is going well. She is housebroken and crate-trained. She almost never barks or whines.

She is nonreactive with other dogs, even aggressive barking ones. Mike said they encountered one very aggressive Lab, and that she "stood her ground," but wasn't aggressive back. So, she is a submissive pushover with people, and with dogs she is pleasant & appropriate, but not submissive if pushed by a very badly-behaved dog. She enjoys meeting all the other dogs in the park and is appropriate and calm.

We are not sure about cats, but she is motivated to chase the birds and squirrels in the park.

It would be ideal for her to find a home with a person who has the space to throw a ball for her off-leash outdoors. She loves catching the ball in the air. She is fascinated by frisbees and might be a great disc dog. She has A LOT of ball drive--it is by far her biggest focus. This would be my only concern about placing her with toddlers--if someone has a ball in their hand and is waving it around, she desperately wants the ball and might grab it out of the hand. (We are working on this in training.) I am sure this could easily be dealt with, with a strong owner & more training, and it would only be a problem with unsupervised small children. Unlike many pitbulls, she isn't really a "bull in a china shop," so she does very well with kids. She is very affectionate and kids respond very well to her.

She's a very easy keeper and would be a great dog for a first-time pit owner. She weighs 48 lbs, already spayed & vaccinated & microchipped. Applications are available at www.strayfromtheheart.org, and you can PM us for more pix or info.

Last edited by tarnation on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

tarnation
Newborn Bully

Postby tarnation » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am

bump for new pix

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Oh my, she looks like a special one! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Emi
Forum Junky

Postby Emi » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Oh my goodness what a pretty gal, she looks to be so happy, I hope she finds her forever home.. :inlove:

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

:inlove: :inlove:

She is beautiful!! Good Luck, she sounds fantastic!

tarnation
Newborn Bully

Postby tarnation » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:26 pm

bump for Greta....

She is still looking for her forever home. And she is still a great dog! She is learning more commands and improving every day. An absolute smooshy love. Anyone in striking distance of NY interested? We are willing to drive her to the right home (post-application & home check of course).

molucass
Forum Junky

Postby molucass » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:23 pm

She is so cute.. I love her pouty lip. :inlove:

I hope she finds her perfect home.

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:35 pm

ack! I love her!!!

Melody
Forum Junky

Postby Melody » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 pm

She's beautiful! I love her eyes!! :inlove:

Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 am

She is beautiful! :inlove: Sending good thoughts her way for a new forever home!

amyd
Bully Ambassador

Postby amyd » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:47 am

Best of luck. She looks like such a sweet girl!

tarnation
Newborn Bully

Postby tarnation » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 am

We are delighted to report that Greta has found her forever home! She is with a wonderful retired woman in semi-rural Connecticut, who just lost her beloved pit to cancer. Greta is living with two cats! (We had her cat-tested and she did great.)

We are so happy about this home, although incredibly depressed that she is gone. What a great dog, we miss her terribly.

We encouraged her new owner to join PBF and introduce herself--if she does, please welcome her warmly!

PuppyPalace
Adolescent Bully

Postby PuppyPalace » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 pm

More great news! She is such a pretty girl. Will her new owner keep her name? I hope so :D

She's got a great big smile!

Sweet72947
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Sweet72947 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 pm

Congrats Greta! She looks so precious

Nickdawg
Addicted to PBF

Postby Nickdawg » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:35 pm

great news :)

Return to “Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs”