Great Dane/Pit Puppy

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Great Dane/Pit Puppy

Postby Foster Mom » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:23 pm

Hi All,

I have a new Foster from the HS. Danielle named her Mya, she is a Great Dane/Pit mix. Her stupid backyard breeder :po: thought it would be cool to breed the neighbors Great Dane with their pitty female and I am now proudly fostering Mya. She and three adult pits were taken on an abuse/starvation situation. HS is full of "Christmas puppies", there was no room for her so Danielle brought her home two days ago. When I first met her she was all bones and totally unsocialized with a home environment. 48hours, love, play and food and she is a totally different girl. Danielle took her back in to work this morning but the HS is still full :sad: so Mya is mine for Christmas. I was not ready to Foster again after India, missing them is painful, but I will do my best with her. If someone would be so kind as to download her pictures from http://www.hsop.org/, I am still having problems figuring out how. :tongue:. Thank You
Foster Mom

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:43 pm

the link says page not found
Maryellen

Postby Foster Mom » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:55 pm

I just tried the site. www.hsop.org and it worked. They have a section called "our pets" that links to petfinder of course. I am leaving work but will logon at home and learn how to get the pictures on. My daughter Danielle told me how last week and I think I just looked at her with glazed eyes :) I need to retire to the Farm :)
Foster Mom

Postby aceofspades » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:57 pm

You have to backspace on the address field, there is an extra "," after the text:

try this one http://www.hsop.org/
aceofspades

Postby aceofspades » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:07 pm

aceofspades

Postby Foster Mom » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:59 pm

Thank you ever so much! Her teeth are tiny, the HS vet put her to be about 9 weeks. She can stand on her hind legs and her front paws easily drape over the kitchen counter. She is going to be a large, leggy girl.

Tonight she is playing hard with our 13 week old pit puppy, Halo and through her she is learning the joys of tennis ball chasing and rope pulling. They are a joy to watch! Mya did not know what a "toy" was when she arrived, now she drags the toy box over to carry them all out. lol

Anyone interested in a sweet big girl, applications will be processed by the HS. They can be downloaded from their site at www.hsop.org. They do extreme background checks, so be prepared to have vet references and such.
Foster Mom

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:14 pm

she is sooo pretty!!!!! i hope she finds a good home
Maryellen

Postby BabyReba » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:01 pm

9 WEEKS?! WOW! she looks like a big girl already! beautiful, too. she looks like a leggy AB with huge ears! good-looking pup!
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Maryellen » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:40 pm

oooohhhhh SKye is your avatar now!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Maryellen

Postby Foster Mom » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:32 am

MaryEllen, was the above ^^^^ for me? I am trying to get the language of the forum. It is a joy to read the threads, they are witty, fast and furious sometimes.

My avatar is Kobi, our 2+ girl. She was fostered then adopted by us when she was about 8 months old. I am suprised we got a picture with Santa this year. She is scared of everything, cameras, plastic, camping (outdoor noises in the dark 8( l)

Update on Mya is that she won a trip to our bed last night. She was up and crying about 1a.m., I took her out to potty, then let her get in bed with us. She slept all night like a lump, a little spoiling never hurt anyone!
Foster Mom

Postby violet » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:11 pm

I tell people who adopt from me that while I work on dogs with the basics (sit, leash training, house training, and down) don't count on anything else because I generally just spoil them rotten.
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Foster Mom » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:58 pm

roflmao

Yep, that is about what I do. Mine are all spoiled and usually my fosters are coming from some kind of a mess situation so I tend to spoil them more. I think I am becoming one of the excentric old ladies I used to laugh about lol

When my India's adoptive parents were in the process of being approved, I had final say after a home inspection. Get this, great home, financially sound, their last best friend died as a senior 12, large fenced in yard with a doggy door from the bottom office/living area/garage to the outside but I had a hard time focusing on the wonderful because my girl probably would not get to sleep in the bed. I calmed myself down and decided my little pitty girl would love them into thinking differently :inlove:

Update on Mya today....someone emailed about her at the HS and asked if anyone was working on her housebreaking. duh!
Foster Mom

Postby Maryellen » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:39 pm

oops sorry FosterMom, my post on Skye was for Baby Reba who rescued her. sorry. your girl is gorgeous too :inlove: :inlove:
Maryellen

Postby ammitnme » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:27 am

Foster Mom wrote:roflmao

Yep, that is about what I do. Mine are all spoiled and usually my fosters are coming from some kind of a mess situation so I tend to spoil them more. I think I am becoming one of the excentric old ladies I used to laugh about lol

!

roflmao Man , do I hear you on that one Fostermom! Me too! Kinda scary isnt it?
ammitnme
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs